*****Big Brother 21 Spoilers Thread*****

295,259 Views | 2076 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CliffHogg
HTownAg98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Koldus131 said:

Yes for the most part I agree with you. I know not everyone in this thread will agree with me and I may be in the minority but I definitely think Jack was/is racist. Michie on the other hand is just a dick, and because he bonded the most with Jack in the house, was guilty by association.

I don't think you're in the minority in thinking that Jack is racist. Michie is catching heat because he didn't denounce it, but this is a game. If he'd done a diary session (and prayed to God that it aired) voicing his displeasure with Jack, things might have turned out differently.
Bunk Moreland
I don't think Jack and sis were racist either. Ignorant? Sure. But let's please stop throwing that term around so loosely. A racist person literally means you think you're superior to another person based off purely off your race. The amount of true racists in this country per capita is likely less than every western European country.

There's not one thing I saw that let me think that about Jack or Sis or anyone this year. Were there biases or ignorant feelings? Maybe. But it's just not the same. And it makes any attempt at progress stop in its tracks and makes people walk on eggshells. If we talked more freely about subjects and respected others who showed respect back we'd be able to improve ourselves on all sides.
Koldus131
AG
On another note, when they were doing the pre-jury segment, you just know Cliff was over there quietly thanking God he aligned with the "right" people in the game initially and didn't get called out at all
bmks270
AG
I loved the finale. Jackson deserved most of it because frankly, he treats others like dirt and is extremely arrogant.

This was a really fun season to watch until the final 4 because every week the alliances were being blown up and undermined.

Jackson was a competitive beast, and he had the advantage of being a steroid user. He told the other house guests he was on trenbolone (anabolic steroid) before coming on the show. I think that's a pretty big advantage over any other house guest, especially the females.

He wasn't playing big brother, he was being himself. He strikes me as someone who would lie and con people outside of the house the same way he did inside of the house. He even said lots of times that his whole life people didn't like him. I don't think he is racist, I think he is just a jerk.

Jackson acts like a sociopath and is extremely self righteous. He played the victim constantly and put guilt trips on people. Cliff hinted at this in his jury round table saying that he would like to see Jackson take more ownership of his lies instead of being self righteous. Jackson also when confronted about treating house guests poorly didn't even apologize and acted self righteous saying "I didn't degrade anybody."

The second part about racism I agree I don't know what that was about, but I got the sense that the house guests did not feel Jackson respected them as people, they voted for him because he won competitions and he was better at conning them, so they gave him props for his ability to lie.

Contrast with Tyler last season who totally played people but he was nice and Tyler was self aware of how it would be seen, and didn't play the victim or act like he was morally justified. Jackson is not self aware and cannot comprehend where others are coming from, can't empathize. He only got emotional when he didn't get his way (angry) or was concerned his mom wouldn't be proud (sad).

Jackson was also obsessed with his parents being proud of him. He repeatedly showed insecurities about how people see him and especially how his mom sees him, yet he continued to be a jerk to everyone except when he needed to con them. He has some really weird dynamic with his mom based on the live feeds he brought making her proud up a lot.

Notice Holly's answers to jury. She called Jackson a tool, and then she went so far as to stab at his insecurities about making his family proud, saying she played a game she knew her family would be proud of. Jackson's face showed he was clearly pissed at her answers. Their hug after announcing Jackson winner was fake, it's clear the two secretly dislike each other the whole time and lived a fake relationship to make it to the final two.

Jackson's competition wins and skillful deceit / gamesmanship took him to end. And that's what this jury decided to base their votes on.

Tommy's question to Jackson about answering to the houseguests for how he treated them was fair, but I don't think the segment with Kimmi was fair. He didn't understand what was going on.

Holly's problem was she was viewed by the Jury as simply riding Jackson's coat tails and only being in the house because of his protection. The jury didn't respect that as a game strategy. Interesting thing is that from a survival relationship between men and women, it is absolutely valid, and she avoid being nominated (partly due to Jacksons HOH wins).
wealeat09
Flashdiaz
AG
That was not entertaining.... I'm glad it's over and I'm kind of over it. The only bright spot was Nicole.
Bunk Moreland
So they didn't show interviews live on feeds and they delayed the start.

So far I haven't seen Jackson yet at all. Nicole did her backyard run and is gone i think. Saw a video of sis saying she promises she took showers.
BenFiasco14
AG
I remember the Jack stuff, but what's this about Sis being racist too? My god.

Although at least we've entered a zone where other races can be racist? Jack and Sis aren't white.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Sis' biggest violation was not showing for days and being an absolute dumbass
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Won't watch. I think it's pretty weak the show gave Jackson a really good edit from the time Jack left up to the finale and he was seemingly protected to keep the show entertaining only to serve him up on a platter to the PC nut bags. Just show him how he is and let it take care of itself.
Bunk Moreland
After sleeping on it I've come to a much more comfortable position on how I feel about last night.

And that's that I'm even more annoyed than I was when I watched the finale. If they're going to do that to houseguests all for the blood lust of the social media mob, then this 'social experiment' is effectively over. No reason to have the show or watch except for the people who want to see lives get dragged through the mud while they waste away on their couches. Fitting that "drag" was far and away the most common twitter response to every tweet about the show this summer.

I know Cliff is now a CBS/BB made man, but I'd love to hear his thoughts on that embarrassment of a finale episode once he comes on here.
BenFiasco14
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if there's something in their contracts that says they aren't allowed to speak badly about CBS or production in public at least for a certain period of time
bmks270
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

Won't watch. I think it's pretty weak the show gave Jackson a really good edit from the time Jack left up to the finale and he was seemingly protected to keep the show entertaining only to serve him up on a platter to the PC nut bags. Just show him how he is and let it take care of itself.

I think CBS didn't like him. But even before the roasting by CBS, you could see Holly's answers to the jury had him fuming.
tailgatetimer10
AG
He was fuming at the questions he was being asked. After Cliff/Tommy questions, that's literally all he was thinking about.

Not sure how this is glossed over. At least those questions had merit.
Snoopy03
AG
I won $525 with the Jackson win in fantasy big brother! Just glad they had all of the racism talk after the votes were locked in place. Cliff, thanks for keeping Holly in there over Tommy!
TraditionsPD
AG
Jackson was more excited for Nicole than himself
Aggie09Derek
AG
https://twitter.com/cliff_hogg

Go give him a follow!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Official IG:
https://instagram.com/cliff.hogg?igshid=qt8fy2mm8exq
tailgatetimer10
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

https://twitter.com/cliff_hogg

Go give him a follow!

Following da BOSS
BenFiasco14
AG
So will Cliff start peddling teeth whiteners, workout supplements, and yoga pants on Instagram? I feel like he might need to branch out a little bit since he doesn't look like Sis or Holly for instance.
tailgatetimer10
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

So will Cliff start peddling teeth whiteners, workout supplements, and yoga pants on Instagram? I feel like he might need to branch out a little bit since he doesn't look like Sis or Holly for instance.

So true. The amount of crap ex houseguests push is hilarious.

"If you want to get an amazing deal on this scale, use the promo code bbTyler!!"
Bunk Moreland
I'd peddle everything as long as I continued to get paid to press buttons on a phone or computer. However, my peddling would be much more in the style of Bill Burr reading his ads on his podcast.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
HELLO, fresh
BenFiasco14
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

I'd peddle everything as long as I continued to get paid to press buttons on a phone or computer. However, my peddling would be much more in the style of Bill Burr reading his ads on his podcast.
I feel like once some CBS "journalist" uncovered my TexAgs post history and tried to ruin my life, I'd be stuck with peddling gun holsters, Black Rifle Coffee, game cams, and hunting/fishing gear. I'm fine with that.
MrPlow2010
AG
I just watched the finale last night and it makes me never want to watch Big Brother again. They rushed through the actually game part and questions just to get to the bullying/racist accusations segment. Wasn't Bella one of the most toxic of the group but now people will just remember she was cheated on... She should have been called out but instead she was protected and looked like the victim. I think she entered the house with a boyfriend and cheated on him with Nick.. Why the hell is Julie Chen the one to moderate this bullying segment? Doesn't her husband have several sexual harassment accusations and was forced out of CBS? Her own husband is a bully. It's truly how pathetic the final episode was and how much controversy they want to stir up.
ccaggie05
AG
Honestly I don't even want to watch the finale now. I have it on my DVR and planned to watch this weekend (I already know the winner but I usually enjoy the finale). I don't feel like watching the inquisition.
Frisco
AG
you're not missing anything. I was in the same boat last night and really shouldn't have wasted my time.
Bunk Moreland
another day later and I guess some of the steam is wearing off. Those HG's will be fine. Everyone immediately forgets about it except for the fringe. The only thing is a digital paper trail based off ridiculous articles but those were out there before the finale.

So that just leaves me thinking more from a pragmatic standpoint....why would production decide to do that ever? It just ruined the finale. From a business standpoint it seems so dumb to do that on your Super Bowl.

I think it sort of is now the vicious circle. They felt like if they didn't do it then they'd receive backlash from the mob so they went out of their way to ruin the show for the millions of viewers who dont' give a **** all to appease the mob. Just dumb dumb dumb.
HTownAg98
This will get your blood pressure up again.
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2019-09-24/cbs-big-brother-racism-controversy-context
Sex Panther
AG
Someone is going to have to refresh my memory on what was said that was racist to Kemi. The only thing I remember involving her was Jack's "stomp a mudhole" comment.

And Kemi can **** right off. She was complete garbage and delusional. Worthless player who got targeted early because of that reason alone. I'm sure she'll ride this into some pathetic clout grab.
Bunk Moreland
Absolutely nothing. "stomp a mudhole" was used by cute lil o'l Sam the year before and everyone loved it.

Jack was saying it as a nod. But of course the story won't get that right. Kemi also said she felt singled out and targeted because she was targeted. She never spoke to Jackson and walked around acting sassy and making comments under her breath. Then the moment she got a sniff (from the DR I think) that people outside felt sorry for her due to that, she just pressed the victim button. I don't think anyone actually ever said anything.
HTownAg98
Sex Panther said:

Someone is going to have to refresh my memory on what was said that was racist to Kemi. The only thing I remember involving her was Jack's "stomp a mudhole" comment.

And Kemi can **** right off. She was complete garbage and delusional. Worthless player who got targeted early because of that reason alone. I'm sure she'll ride this into some pathetic clout grab.

There wasn't. The only things I can remember were the comments about Bella and rice pudding, and some comments made about Jessica.
Koldus131
AG
Jack did a gorilla/monkey walk and said he was mimicking David. I don't know where the clip is off the top of my head but I remember watching it. It was pretty bad.
Bunk Moreland
Missed that. Gotcha.
expresswrittenconsent
Will the michie was mistreated march involve tiki torches?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.