*****Big Brother 21 Spoilers Thread*****

295,348 Views | 2076 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CliffHogg
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think I would've backstabbed Christie and made a move.
Cliff isn't that type of dude. Has a an absolute loyal player ever won the game? Derek was pretty dang straight forward and managed it, so I guess it's possible
Bunk Moreland
I think they need to reward more money to top finishers.

Up 1st place to $1M.

2nd $250k

3rd $100k

Once you make jury there's a solid shot the jury total + length in house is all you'll make anyway so people just fight for jury. Having top 3 walk away with those figures will force people to want to win or get to the end.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Agree. 500k is pretty weak for how long the game is and chances of winning. 300kish after taxes. Although majority of the people just want to go on the "influencer" tour after the show.
tailgatetimer10
AG
All that money is getting dumped into love island
Counterpoint
AG
I just read that it costs $500,000 to redecorate the house every season. Maybe they could take some money from that budget and keep the house the same.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Counterpoint said:

I just read that it costs $500,000 to redecorate the house every season. Maybe they could take some money from that budget and keep the house the same.

What? No ****ing way it could cost that much.
Pressure Point
Why did cliff even go on the show if he can't lie? The game play was to force the use of the DPOV, get it out of the game, force Christie to put Bella up, and that's the best case plan B. Otherwise you get Christie to not use her power and put her up! YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!
Anti-taxxer
AG
I don't understand why Cliff didn't want Christie to use her power. If she uses it, it's done. No mas. It's really going to suck for Cliff when there are nine people left, and she uses her POV to backdoor him.
Counterpoint
AG
smango05 said:

I don't understand why Cliff didn't want Christie to use her power. If she uses it, it's done. No mas. It's really going to suck for Cliff when there are nine people left, and she uses her POV to backdoor him.

When does it expire?
Aggie09Derek
AG
2 more weeks i think
jac4
AG
I agree best play was to flush the power or eliminate the known threat.

She voted (successfully) to evict Cliff like 15 minutes ago. He would be completely justified in lying to her, back stabbing her, and making her the replacement nom. (IMHO)
Bunk Moreland
The one thing about Cliff saying it's too early to break your word in the game... Not if you can easily justify it. And he could have by saying "you just voted me out after telling me I was safe" and then do it. Nobody could call him on it.

The weird thing is, with the Holly Michie drama, had he put up Holly as a pawn she'd have gone home.
tailgatetimer10
AG
His leverage was allowing Christie to keep her power for two weeks, while hopefully gaining some allies.

While I agree Jackson and Jack may not honor it, I think Christie is too loyal to backstab him as well.

I don't agree with the play, but maybe it'll work
htxag09
AG
Agreed. And I think there's more to it than just "I can't go against my word." He's only guaranteed safety next week of Nicole or Jess win HOH. Jess is like a 0.5% probability and Nicole is like 5%. He thought he had to try something to give himself a chance the next couple weeks.
Bunk Moreland
Exactly. Assuming they hold their word (and they all legitimately sound like they will), Cliff is set up great for 2 weeks.
Pressure Point
But that's what I don't get. If he gets jack or Christie/holly/tommy/etc out this week, his chances for survival increase next week and the following. What if it's "the wall" HOH comp this time? Nicole has a way better chance winning HOH if JACK ISN'T THERE.

Plus Nick wouldn't have checked out like he has now. This house has the mentality of a freaking daycare.

Even still, if Nicole wins that comp, maybe she's got the balls to put up Cliff for going back on his word about telling Bella she's safe.

Honestly, that would be the way I could stomach Cliff leaving is if Nicole put him away.
Bunk Moreland
Why do they increase? For the next 2 weeks he has the dominant alliance protecting him, he just told all the other 'outcasts' to more or less go on vacation this week and gave them a stress free 7 days, and all that's left is a guy in Nick who is not coming for him.

Assuming the 6 hold to their word, which they seem genuinely excited about the prospects of Cliff rounding out the 8 to get to jury, then he's protected all ways for 2 weeks except for maybe Jess. But unless it's a random hoh or production feeds her answers before, she isn't winning *****
Pressure Point
I don't buy that they will honor their word and protect him. They know cliff has the ability to win comps and could go rogue. If cliff wins something again, he will have to take his shot and they know that. So from a threat standpoint, he's still pretty high.

There's such distrust because EVERYTHING is in the open. The way gr8ful played "make-up" after the house flipped on nicks target was spineless. Everyone wants to be friends and play happy family. They will all say whatever they want to say to cover their lies.

From a social standpoint, Tommy and Christie need to go.
Anti-taxxer
AG
I ordered a shirt like Cliff was wearing on Thursday from Academy. It came today, and I'm pretty excited.

Just had to share.
aggietoolman
AG
Cliff had no choice. The misfits outside of the six still run to the six telling them things and want to be those bottom two and make jury. Had Cliff gone against his word, he would have blown everything up making it awesome for fans, but would have tanked his own game to the point of getting voted out next. Now he has two weeks to find other cracks to maybe team up as a smaller power alliance.
Bunk Moreland
Sam just had a house meeting because his name was getting dragged into some game play that Nick created so he wanted to clear the air. It was the most pathetic house meeting I've ever seen. Nick basically just admitted immediately it was his idea, Sam had nothing to do with it and then they all talked about how much they love each other.

This cast is such garbage. Bring the hate!
tailgatetimer10
AG
Well. Guess Cliff was smart in not going the Nick/Bella/Sam + floater group. I think the only 2 he can truly trust at this point are Sam and Nicole.

And he now has some trust and ally in Christie but we will see how far that carries him.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
It's probably the smart play bc the floaters can't be trusted outside of Nicole but damn it would have been nice to see him take the nuclear option.
tailgatetimer10
AG
TV wise, it would've been one of the craziest moves in bb history to put up Christie
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Exactly. It would have been awesome. The chances of these people allowing him to go that far in the game are slim. He should have just made the big impact and been revered for it, instead of playing it safe and just get clipped when it's convenient. He's an afterthought in most of the houses eyes. He better hope people start taking big shots.

Then watch Sam, Kat, or Jess win HOH and get talked into doing the 6's dirty work for them.
JDUB08AG
AG
That's the problem with casting these days. People who would normally be apt to make a big move can't do so because everyone in the house is too stupid to understand how strategy works and it has the reverse effect. They are all simpletons
Bunk Moreland
The worst part is Michie actually seems like a solid game player. He seems to understand how to move throughout the game. He's just a major league *******.

I was thinking last night as I watched the sad house meeting...who is there in the house other than Cliff (and really that's just for us) to root for? I like Nicole and Sam but they're not really ruthless so it's boring.

After that it's pretty thin. Just an overall very weak cast.
6yardline
AG
Jimmy McNulty
AG
It could and it should, but Kat won't go there. she could lose her place as the first one out of what she see's as the popular group.
TexDill15
AG
Why is Holly going to stay loyal to the 6-shooters if Jackson said all the nasty and mean things to her when she wanted to call it off?
JABQ04
AG
I'm assuming she has daddy issues and despite what she says needs a man.
TexDill15
AG
I cannot fault that logic.
Bunk Moreland
TexDill15 said:

Why is Holly going to stay loyal to the 6-shooters if Jackson said all the nasty and mean things to her when she wanted to call it off?

They've already mostly made up. He's sort of making her earn her way back.
aggietoolman
AG
A lot of talk about Jackson sneaking food into the shower to eat while a have not. Since he's had a couple warnings already, some are hoping he will get a penalty this week and lose his vote at eviction. That could provide a very slim shot at taking out Jack still. It would likely all come down to Kat.

I doubt it happens, but it's a glimmer of hope.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Yeah his vote doesn't mean much sadly....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.