Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

229,221 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BartInLA
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whats annoying is the numerals we use in like every other sport are great. The Johnny Manziel era beveled numbers are the most "Texas A&M" instantly recognizable jersey design elements that have ever existed, but even with just the basic font that we mostly use now I can pretty much instantly recognize like our basketball or baseball jerseys from the numerals alone (most of them anyway, I also notice when we dont use them on some versions for whatever reason), and its not like they are super weird or different, they are just subtly unique.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
RealMcCoy09 said:

Our jersey numbers are quite bad. If they just went with the normal block numbers, like the Dallas Cowboys numbers, I think they would be great. Nothing about that weird font is "unique to A&M or Texas" aside from no one else in college uses them because they look terrible.
We need an overhaul desperately with our jersey template. Numbers are like something from a 1990's computer game. Font and lettering on across the chest is trash and its very high school to have anything across the chest.
Edwards69
AG
coming a the end of a 50 page blog, I don't know if I'll get an answer or a horse-laugh, but here goes.....What's a "bevel"? Why should I care? Who does it matter too? Who created it and for what reason? Would someone show me a picture of the "BEVEL" Why is it bad or good? For hundreds of Ags to have responded, it must be a big deal or is it the BAS venting.
Triggypop
College Station likes bevels so much they started putting them in the roads
nortex97
AG
Edwards69 said:

coming a the end of a 50 page blog, I don't know if I'll get an answer or a horse-laugh, but here goes.....What's a "bevel"? Why should I care? Who does it matter too? Who created it and for what reason? Would someone show me a picture of the "BEVEL" Why is it bad or good? For hundreds of Ags to have responded, it must be a big deal or is it the BAS venting.

The bevel is the one on the left/middle. It attempts to make the ATM somehow 3-D with the sun/light bouncing off one or many illogical sides. Nike concocted it in 1999 and it sucks. Jason Cook, who was a very low IQ employee, embraced it. It needs to die a fiery death still all these years later.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2052523/1

Jason cook left in 2012 to go back to Baylor where he belongs, but for reasons no sane person can justify, the Ags have not moved on from his worst travesty.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2825679
BartInLA
I too like the aTm without the bevel and want TEXAS AGGIES used in the endzone. Ever since leather helmets ended the game has gone downhill and don't even get me started on the creation of the forward pass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.