Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

250,519 Views | 1739 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by RealMcCoy09
FarmersFight95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love this thread...
mAgnoliAg
AG
I'm drunk fgpu. Dfhck ****
ElephantRider
AG
How many wine coolers did you drink, mag?
STX Ag
AG
I remember my first beer magnolia
12th Ag
AG
quote:
Please make the ugly bevel go away. Adds nothing. Takes away a lot.

Gig 'Em

12th Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I wonder why the sales of the non-beveled football helmet have risen at a much faster rate than all the beveled merchandise?

Apples and oranges

Actually, it is not.

I challenge Jason Cook to produce all our metchandise both ways and the sales of the traditional logo will beat the sales of the beveled logo in Biblical proportions.
WaffleHouseAg
AG
quote:
I challenge Jason Cook to produce all our metchandise both ways and the sales of the traditional logo will beat the sales of the beveled logo in Biblical proportions.

Put down the crack pipe
12th Ag
AG
quote:
You are sitting here telling me that more people hate it than either don't care or like it. That is idiotic and shows that you obviously do not know too many other Ags

Actually, I could say the same about you. the vast majority of Ags I know do not like the bevel.
WaffleHouseAg
AG
quote:
Actually, I could say the same about you. the vast majority of Ags I know do not like the bevel.

You and your multiple personalities don't count as multiple people
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
quote:
I buy A&M stuff in spite of the bevel and not because of it. I would buy a lot MORE A&M stuff if not for the bevel. Certain things, like baseball caps, I refuse to buy with a bevel on them because they are embarrassing and cheap looking.

Completely agree. And am the same about the baseball caps. Really wanted to get a new one this season at Olsen. Just couldn't do it...
89Ag4Ever
AG
BUMP. We need to focus on the important things people!
Personal Best
AG
Great bump. Lets get back to this.
TeLeFaWx impeached.
AG

My favorite A&M logo!!!
CDub06
AG
quote:
Old main, I bet if the goal was to make a geometrically, mathematically correct logo, A&M could have figured it out.

Maybe it's time to start considering that that isn't the primary goal of a logo. Come to terms with that buddy.
89Ag4Ever
AG
As the first person to respond to this gargantuan thread, I feel it is time, once again, to remind everyone that the argument set forth in that initial response hasn't changed:

quote:
tl;dr

Bevel sucks.

It's here to stay.

/EOT
Nor will it ever change.
Scotch
AG
In 2113 Texas A&M will still use the beveled logo? I'll bet 1billion dollars the logo will be different.
Personal Best
AG
In 2113 1billion dollars will be worth like 38 cents. If you really believed that you'd put up some real money.
89Ag4Ever
AG
In 2113, they'll be playing flag football on the intramural fields.
Old Main
AG
Hopefully it won't take until 2113 to realize that it is stupid to use a 1990s era beveling effect (incorrect) on our primary logo.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/16/2013 11:27p).]
12th Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

You and your multiple personalities don't count as multiple people

Wake up and smell the syrup, Waffle! You are on the losing side of this debate, and all you can do is make personal insults because you do not know how to defend such a cheap, crappy looking mistake made to our logo.
Ernest Tucker
AG
I want a hat like the one above with the Texas outline and just a block T. No am.

Oh yeah, the bevel is cheap, get rid of it.
WaffleHouseAg
AG
quote:
Wake up and smell the syrup, Waffle! You are on the losing side of this debate, and all you can do is make personal insults because you do not know how to defend such a cheap, crappy looking mistake made to our logo.

Old Main
AG
quote:
I want a hat like the one above with the Texas outline and just a block T. No am.

Oh yeah, the bevel is cheap, get rid of it.

brd79,

Unfortunately they never made these, only the cheap, beveled version.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/16/2013 11:09p).]
WaffleHouseAg
AG
Beveled version looks better. Has more character.

mAgnoliAg
AG
Oh God my post
Old Main
AG
Wafflehouse,

Yeah right, this one with the screwed-up trapezoids looks much better.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/16/2013 11:28p).]
WaffleHouseAg
AG
It does!
Brick Tamland
I would argue with you that the bevel doesn't look cheap. Disclaimer: this is my opinion.

The block T merchandise I've seen around makes the T look cheap. Has no character, and looks awful against most surfaces it is on. The sooner you figure out that the marketing team wasn't trying to create a "realistic 3-D" bevel shadow, the better off you'll be. They're more of an accent than a bevel anyways. I know you're the guy who created the "BTHO bevel" campaign bumper sticker thing. You talked the ear off of someone I know about your campaign at Copy Corner awhile back. It was amusing to listen to you go on and on about it when he couldn't care less about anything you said.

But that's just, like my opinion, man.
Brick Tamland
And with that, I am done posting on anything regarding the bevel or any of Old Main's crusades.
WaffleHouseAg
AG
quote:
The block T merchandise I've seen around makes the T look cheap. Has no character, and looks awful against most surfaces it is on. The sooner you figure out that the marketing team wasn't trying to create a "realistic 3-D" bevel shadow, the better off you'll be. They're more of an accent than a bevel anyways. I know you're the guy who created the "BTHO bevel" campaign bumper sticker thing. You talked the ear off of someone I know about your campaign at Copy Corner awhile back. It was amusing to listen to you go on and on about it when he couldn't care less about anything you said.

THIS

I would never buy anything embroidered with the block T. It looks like counterfeit merch. The bevel looks better on most tshirts as well. The only place I have seen the bevel and not liked it is on those chrome aTm car emblems.
Scotch
AG
There are a few $80 shirts where the bevel is correct and looks halfway decent, but on 90% of shirts and hats, it simply looks like crap. This has been verified by Ernst & Young.

Brick, your friend must be a very shallow man to act as if he was engaging in a conversation only to ridicule someone later.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
There are a few $80 shirts where the bevel is correct and looks halfway decent, but on 90% of shirts and hats, it simply looks like crap. This has been verified by Ernst & Young.

Link?

quote:
Brick, your friend must be a very shallow man to act as if he was engaging in a conversation only to ridicule someone later.

Ever worked in the service industry?
Old Main
AG
quote:
And with that, I am done posting on anything regarding the bevel or any of Old Main's crusades.

Brick,

Are you really done posting on this thread? You've only posted exactly 69 times here... surely you have more in you.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/16/2013 11:48p).]
WaffleHouseAg
AG
Old Main you drive me nuts. But dammit I have to respect a troll as committed as you.
Scotch
AG
Personal, I've engaged in many inane conversations, but I don't then run to the cool kids and discuss it.

[This message has been edited by Scotch (edited 6/16/2013 11:46p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.