Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,528 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
12th Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I still see on this thread that there aren't many true bevel lovers, one of the most frequent posters on this thread admits he prefers the traditional block logo.
The logo can and should slightly change from time to time. I am not saying to never change it. I'm just saying the current "bevel" is horrible.
We can do better.

XOXO

[This message has been edited by 12th Ag (edited 6/11/2013 11:57p).]
mAgnoliAg
AG
Man y'all are posting faster than I've seen in awhile on this thread
Alois von Schweinsteiger
I think you meant to say your first grandchild
12th Ag
AG
quote:
I think you meant to say your first grandchild

My first grandchild is your child.
12th Ag
AG
quote:
Man y'all are posting faster than I've seen in awhile on this thread

We post like Johnny runs.
Alois von Schweinsteiger
The first step is just admitting it ol timer
Ragnar Danneskjold
Just to recap, because theyre too far up their own asses to admit it at this point, the answer is no. Not one argument has been made that the bevel is any detriment to any aspect of A&M's image. Not a single logical point has been raised by the bevel hugger haters other than a demonstration that they dont know what the words "logic" or "reason" mean.

30 pages, and not one of you has raised an argument that the damn things needs to be changed other than "I dont like it".

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/12/2013 12:04a).]
pinche gringo
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I assume you are referring to the ones cursing and attacking with personal insults, or is that not an issue unless they do it to you?

Not directed at you, rocket surgeon.

Actually, they were.

12th Ag
AG
Finally, after a couple of sort of friendly posts and the recognition of a missing offspring, I am signing off for the night.

Waffle, keep the syrup hot and sticky!
WaffleHouseAg
AG
quote:

weird
12th Ag
AG
quote:
Just to recap, because theyre too far up their own asses to admit it at this point, the answer is no. Not one argument has been made that the bevel is any detriment to any aspect of A&M's image. Not a single logical point has been raised by the bevel hugger haters other than a demonstration that they dont know what the words "logic" or "reason" mean.

30 pages, and not one of you has raised an argument that the damn things needs to be changed other than "I dont like it".

RAGNAR!

I had one foot in bed.

Please re-read the entire thread 10 times and jot down all the evidence. If this were the OJ trial, this evidence would have jailed him the first time.

Now to bed.
Alois von Schweinsteiger
No, no homo either.

T&Ps for your bunghole
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:

uhhhhhhhhhh
12th Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

weird

Hey, I'm not the one named after a restaurant that has lower annual sales than IHOP!
WaffleHouseAg
AG
Go to bed
Alois von Schweinsteiger
Sleep well 12th Ag, because dimebox is way more rapey than you could ever be
pinche gringo
AG
I hate the bevel because:

1. it is geometrically incorrect
2. it looks sloppy on merchandise and as a television graphic
3. it serves as a reminder of a crappy era in Aggie football and when we were stuck in a crappy conference
4. it is similar to texas tceh's logo, and I don't want to be similar to tceh in any way

Now, if I don't like the beveled logo, then I'm going to avoid it and avoid purchasing things with the beveled logo printed or stitched on them.

If I love my university (and I most certainly do) but don't like the beveled logo, it is unreasonable to want to see it eliminated?

Furthermore, if I don't like the beveled logo and would like to see it eliminated, then does it not make sense to support others who would like to see it eliminated as well?

That's like, my reasonable and logical opinion, man.

I don't care if you disagree, as I'm not trying to force you to hate the bevel like I do.

I'm not leading a crusade to change it, as this ranks pretty low on the scale of things I need to spend my time doing. However I'll certainly support and encourage anyone who is, regardless of their "logic" or "reason".
As an ancient Chinese proberb says, "It is good to strike the serpent's head with your enemy's hand." In other words, the bevel's enemy is my friend.
PabloSerna
AG
"the bevel" is inspired (graphic) art, thanks to nearly 1100 posts about it. Thanks to everyone who were moved by it, you have ensured its longevity far beyond anyone's imagination.

-GIG'EM!!
CDub06
AG
Bevel is beautiful.
Gradaggie05
AG
Pablo you're right! I 'moved' a lot easier this morning while looking at the bevel.
Old Main
AG
JJxvi,

We lose more money because our colors are maroon and white? I've never heard any Aggie fan (huge fan or casual fan) complain about our school colors. This is a new one for me.

There are plenty of fans that don't like the Bevel. I don't think a sale has ever been lost because someone didn't want to buy the Classic Block aTm on the helmet. The Bevel is a cheap fad from the 1990s that we somehow adopted as our primary logo. This is why it is good to have design professionals advise on these types of decisions.

quote:
As far as the casual fan goes, he does not even know that this exists. I've never heard anyone thats not a big A&M fan say our logo looks bad once, not even from sips. We "lose" more money because our colors are maroon and white than we ever could because of the bevel just because there are people who don't like the color, yet I don't see a bunch of morons saying to change the colors to something "everyone" will like.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/13/2013 12:38a).]
SRBS
I will not purchase anything with the bevel.
It looks like crap and everybody knows it.
JJxvi
AG
There are clearly more people who don't like EVERY possible set of school colors than would care about a logo.

My point is that we aren't losing money over the bevel any more than we are losing money because a there's a certain number of people who don't like our colors.
JJxvi
AG
There are people who don't like maroon and white. There are people who don't like orange and white. There are people who don't like green and gold. There are people who don't like red and black. These people are clreaely less likely to buy apparel in those colors and they actually exist unlike people who aren't buying because of logos. I know people on this thread expect me to believe that they don't have A&M gear because of the bevel, but there's no way that's true.
CDub06
AG
They're not beveled
Alois von Schweinsteiger
see pg. 32
McGibblets
AG
Definitely not what I expected when I opened this thread for the first time in a long while
12th Ag
AG
quote:
There are people who don't like maroon and white. There are people who don't like orange and white. There are people who don't like green and gold. There are people who don't like red and black. These people are clreaely less likely to buy apparel in those colors and they actually exist unlike people who aren't buying because of logos. I know people on this thread expect me to believe that they don't have A&M gear because of the bevel, but there's no way that's true.

I never said I do not have any A&M gear because of the bevel. What I said was I would have a lot MORE A&M gear if NOT for the bevel. For example, I own about a half dozen A&M baseball caps of various ages. My newest one is about 10 years old, but still looks good. I would like to buy a new one, but everytime I see a new one in a store it has a bevel on it and the detailed stitching of the bevel on a baseball cap just comes out lookin weird, sort of like a factory defect. For this reason I just choose to not buy a cap for now. I am sire there are a lot more people out there like me. This has nothing to do with a bevel movement or TexAgs. It has everything to do with preferring to spend money on something that looks good vs looks weird.

[This message has been edited by 12th Ag (edited 6/13/2013 11:02a).]
Ag4coal
Alois. You're efforts are appreciated. You've finally made this thread worth it and have almost killed it. It looks like staph is going to wait for pron before it actually dies, so continue friend
Alois von Schweinsteiger
12th Ag
AG
quote:
I hate the bevel because:

1. it is geometrically incorrect
2. it looks sloppy on merchandise and as a television graphic
3. it serves as a reminder of a crappy era in Aggie football and when we were stuck in a crappy conference
4. it is similar to texas tceh's logo, and I don't want to be similar to tceh in any way

Now, if I don't like the beveled logo, then I'm going to avoid it and avoid purchasing things with the beveled logo printed or stitched on them.

If I love my university (and I most certainly do) but don't like the beveled logo, it is unreasonable to want to see it eliminated?

Furthermore, if I don't like the beveled logo and would like to see it eliminated, then does it not make sense to support others who would like to see it eliminated as well?

That's like, my reasonable and logical opinion, man.

I don't care if you disagree, as I'm not trying to force you to hate the bevel like I do.

I'm not leading a crusade to change it, as this ranks pretty low on the scale of things I need to spend my time doing. However I'll certainly support and encourage anyone who is, regardless of their "logic" or "reason".
As an ancient Chinese proberb says, "It is good to strike the serpent's head with your enemy's hand." In other words, the bevel's enemy is my friend.
Alois von Schweinsteiger
[OMG. That's so funny. Spamming a thread with hotties. User banned--Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 6/13/2013 11:15a).]
Personal Best
Sentinel
AG
Pour one out.
WaffleHouseAg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.