Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,356 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
And whether you agree with his opinion or not, that doesn't change the fact that it's well reasoned

No, the fact his argument is NOTHING but personal opinion is what invalidates his argument. Logic. Learn it.

Logic has nothing to do with opinion Reason is not subject to angry internet posters whims. Its also not automatic, apparently.

quote:
Oh, and Ragnar, calling someone arrogant and delusional is generally accepted as an insult and a personal attack, even if you tell him it's not.

If I walked up to you and punched you in the nose and then said, I didn't do it to hurt your nose, that doesn't change the fact that your nose is probably bleeding and painful.

Well, calling someone who claims to be the reason a university changed conferences and built military walk arrogant is also not an opinion. old main is arrogant and delusional. Its 11 May 2013. These are not subject to interpretation.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/11/2013 9:19p).]

Now you're just making **** up. He never claimed to be the reason for those things. He just claimed to have had the same basic idea and put some effort into suggesting that to higher ups. In fact, he has said twice now that he never claimed either of those two things. It just helps you attack him personally if you claim that he did.

I will say this Rags, you would make a good marketing/media professional. You're really good at spinning things to your favor. Maybe you should look into that...

And just FYI, an opinion can be well reasoned. Sorry to burst that poorly formed bubble.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

That's hilarious!
STX Ag
AG
I'm glad Old Main wrote that letter to the admin supporting the bevel. Good work Old Main.
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
I will say this Rags, you would make a good marketing/media professional. You're really good at spinning things to your favor

that's just it, when logic and reason are in your favor you dont have to spin. I do, however, see about 10 people pumping their little legs to keep up.

For 29 pages I have been asking someone, ANYONE, to produce one shred of evidence that the bevel is bad or does a detriment to the university not based on personal opinion.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/11/2013 9:27p).]
ElephantRider
AG
Don't steal it Sex Panther, I made it myself
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
I will say this Rags, you would make a good marketing/media professional. You're really good at spinning things to your favor

that's just it, when logic and reason are in your favor you dont have to spin. I do, however, see about 10 people pumping their little legs to keep up.

Still didn't answer my accusation. You claim that he's delusional because of things you made up that he said. If you made them up and attributed them to him, he ceases to be delusional, you have attacked him personally, and made up facts to back your storyline...

Doesn't sound like logic or reason. Sounds like a lie to me.
Personal Best
AG
...Christ....
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

For 29 pages I have been asking someone, ANYONE, to produce one shred of evidence that the bevel is bad or does a detriment to the university not based on personal opinion.

And I have claimed that one lost cent in revenue due to the bevel is detrimental. I have not purchased items I would have purchased otherwise if the bevel was not on the item.

Regardless of how much you downplay it, that's detrimental.

Next question please.
STX Ag
AG
12th Ag
AG
The bevel lovers have posted many more times than the traditiinal logo lovers, but it is the same bevel lovers over and over. The bevel lovers post hateful statements attacking and personally insulting the traditional logo lovers, while the traditional logo lovers post their reasons for wanting the traditional logo back, sans bevel. Bevel lovers claim absolute censorship of anyone else that does not dare love the bevel. Bevel lovers love to dogpile and beg the Staff to ban posters or threads if they propose different ideas than they believe. The traditional logo lovers do not react the same way, and do not beg the Staff to ban the bevel lovers. It seems the traditional logo lovers believe in free speech and free thought, while the bevel lovers are closed minded and hateful and only support the bevel because they think it is cute to attack personally those who have different beliefs than they.
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Still didn't answer my accusation. You claim that he's delusional because of things you made up that he said. If you made them up and attributed them to him, he ceases to be delusional, you have attacked him personally, and made up facts to back your storyline...

Start reading where he says "In two noteworthy examples I have had very good instincts of what is good for a&m". Besides being the most pompous thing i have ever heard, its right there. I can't read or do logic for you, Lat. I am also aware that those who deny logic cannot be conquered by it. So go on refusing to see the glaringly obvious slapping you in the face because you dont like it, because hey, you think logic is subject to what you dont like.

Im sure cook and the administration get a good laugh out of you clowns every time this thread is bumped.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/11/2013 9:34p).]
Alois von Schweinsteiger
Are you 2 breaking up?
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
You know what number post outta 10k+???

Apparently you're not paying close enough attention.
STX Ag
AG
STX Ag
AG
Y'all sound like alois and lukin on the other thread that got deleted.

Eww, eww, maybe this one will get deleted too !
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Start reading where he says "In two noteworthy examples I have had very good instincts of what is good for a&m". Besides being the most pompous thing i have ever heard, its right there. I can't read or do logic for you, Lat. I am also aware that those who deny logic cannot be conquered by it. So go on refusing to see the glaringly obvious slapping you in the face because you dont like it, because hey, you think logic is subject to what you dont like.

Im sure cook and the administration get a good laugh out of you clowns every time this thread is bumped.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/11/2013 9:34p).]

Saying he may have good instincts regarding what is good for the university is completely different than saying he was the reason something happened. Seriously with that?? He NEVER claims to have been the cause if any change, just that something he believed was a good idea was carried out by others.

Damn big difference in my opinion.

So, I remain patient waiting for you to defend your personal attack on OP claiming he is delusional using something other than someone's personal opinion.

Personal Best
AG
12th Ag, maybe the "bevel lovers" are just ****ing tired of your dumb ass bumping this thread with a thumbs up and no additional content every day. Nobody cares. People aren't even attacking the bevel. They're attacking the fact that you are and old main are obnoxious idiots for taking this **** so seriously.
STX Ag
AG
STX Ag
AG
quote:
12th Ag, maybe the "bevel lovers" are just ****ing tired of your dumb ass bumping this thread with a thumbs up and no additional content every day. Nobody cares. People aren't even attacking the bevel. They're attacking the fact that you are and old main are obnoxious idiots for taking this **** so seriously.

Ding ding ding! Bevel hating is F& KING STUPID.
Alois von Schweinsteiger
+1
Personal Best
Ag4coal
^

I think the very fabric of TexAgs is changing. Too much complaining is gradually leading to indifference. Cook wins. Everyone shut up now
ElephantRider
AG
PB
Scotch
AG
1000?
AG
1000?
Lateralus Ag
AG
Just to clarify, I really have no opinion anymore. I think it's ridiculous that some of you guys care so much about a guy that is talking about something that you say is insignificant....

THAT is hilarious. If you don't care, avoid the thread. Just know that OM and 12thag are going to bump this thread every few days or so and ignore it on the front page....

So, to conclude, there are the bevel haters, the bevel lovers, those that don't care and the guys that hate OM and 12th ag for bumping this thread....

Who's being silly?
Ragnar Danneskjold
Ive said like 20 times on this thread I like the block ATM logo.

All I have asked the block huggers to show is why the logo should be changed. What detriment is done? In 29 pages none of you have pointed to ANY.

-Its not geometrical: why is that bad?
-Some other schools dont have it: why is this good?
-texas tech has a bevel: why is this bad?
-A&M used to have a block: Why was this better?
-A minority of fans wont buy the bevel: So? Sales are at an all time high, so clearly no detriment done by the bevel there.

I think I think I covered most of the arguments made in the novel old main wrote about how awesome he is. Now please, answer ONE of those questions that doesnt end up in "I dont like it". I am not asking you to prove your opinion, i am asking you to show ANY cause the logo should be changed based on ANYTHING other than personal opinion. For 29 pages this has been dodged and ignored, but until you furnish something tangible most people are going to ignore your lack luster opinions.

If I had a vote, I would vote anti-bevel. But I am not going to pretend like my uniformed preference should alter million dollar contracts and a University's image. I am also not going to pretend that every argument made so far against the bevel has been anything more than a toddler with balled up fists screaming NO!

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/11/2013 9:51p).]
12th Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

And I have claimed that one lost cent in revenue due to the bevel is detrimental. I have not purchased items I would have purchased otherwise if the bevel was not on the item.

Regardless of how much you downplay it, that's detrimental.

Next question please.

Several problems with this. I own tons of Aggie stuff, most of it before the bevel. I slowed down and practically stopped buying Aggie gear when the bevel came out, not out of protest, but just because it looks sad and cheap.

I consulted with a professional graphic artist whom I know, showed both logos to him, and asked for his opionion. He selected the traditional logo ober the beveled logo.

There are so many applications where the tiny bevel just does not create the intended effect, but just looks like an offcentered line in the T.

Look at our football helmets. They have a traditional logo on them. It is obvious that it is only a matter of time before nebels are added to our football helmets.

i seriously doubt anyone would NOT buy A&M hear because it did not have a bevel, but the sad truth is that a lot of merchandise just does not come out looking good with the bevel on it and it does caise people to not biy that merchandise as much.

There is the evidence you say you have been asking for on 29 pages.

[This message has been edited by 12th Ag (edited 6/11/2013 9:59p).]
STX Ag
AG
quote:
I consulted with a professional graphic artist whom I know, showed both logos to him, and asked for his opionion. He selected the traditional logo ober the beveled logo.

In real marketing we call this a "focus group of one" aka ****ing worthless. You continue to prove ragnars point that your arguments are only opinion not backed up by facts.

Oh and cool story bro.
12th Ag
AG
The bevel came out before we were winning football games. Sales increased because we started winning football games and joined the SEC. Sales would be even better with the traditional logo. Sales are better now in spite of the logo, not because of it.

[This message has been edited by 12th Ag (edited 6/11/2013 10:03p).]
STX Ag
AG
12th ag I just re read your post and I have to admit, I have never read a worse argument in my life. That sucked.
Brick Tamland
12th Ag, you have no evidence to support that. The only thing you were right about in that post is that winning drives merchandise sales, not a lack of bevel. There's plenty of block T merchandise out there to offset any "detriments" that y'all might "cause" by not buying bevel merchandise. The administration has taken your opinion into consideration and created an alternative for you and you continue to ***** about it.
Alois von Schweinsteiger
I cant figure out if 12 ag is old as hell or a flaming compulsive nerd
12th Ag
AG
quote:
And please put TEXAS AGGIES back in the end zones.

I agree. Saying Texas A&M Aggies sounds insecure, like we are afraid others won't know who we are without using the long awkward name. Saying Texas Aggies pisses off tu, as it implies Texas is OUR State, which it is. We are the first public college in Texas and are also the largest in Texas. We OWN this State and saying Texas Aggies insults the sips and I love it. Look at the old Sugar Bowl posters back when we were the National Champs, they say Texas Aggies. We are the ONLY Aggies in Texas, so why do we feel we need to differentiate ourselves from other non-existent Aggies in Texas?
Lateralus Ag
AG
Ask Coke if lost revenue amounts to your argument that it's not tangible.

Lost revenue is measurable, it's real, and it's an issue for anyone generating revenue selling merchandise.

Just because you don't understand it Rags, doesn't mean it not "ANYTHING".

Generally speaking, sometimes the minority of your customers can make up the MAJORITY of your profit margin.

You have customers that buy your product no matter what. You have customers that will not buy your product, no matter what. You have some that would buy it if something about it was different (price point, color, packaging, etc.). These are the people that companies focus on.

This is Mktg 101 (or 323 for those paying attention).
12th Ag
AG
quote:
I cant figure out if 12 ag is old as hell or a flaming compulsive nerd

Another example of personal attacks rather than discussing the merits of the issues.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.