Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,477 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, and top of page two. Suck it Raptor.
Sex Panther
AG
Burnsey
AG
Clearly the best arguments against the bevel in one place. Bevel abuse and misunderstanding is a great point. Another is the difficulty it presents when displayed in the media. The university needs to take action on this and soon. I'm confident companies like Disney, Coke, Ford, and others would not allow their logo to be used incorrectly.
Ian Neff
AG
"intoxicating arrogance."

That sounds dumb. Doesn't make any sense.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Clearly the best arguments against the bevel in one place. Bevel abuse and misunderstanding is a great point. Another is the difficulty it presents when displayed in the media. The university needs to take action on this and soon. I'm confident companies like Disney, Coke, Ford, and others would not allow their logo to be used incorrectly.

That's the irony of the whole thing. TAMU is diluting the brand, not some third party. WE are using out logo incorrectly!! It's actually kind of funny. Kind of illustrates a lot of the nonsense in the system....call it a microcosm if our operations.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
"intoxicating arrogance."

That sounds dumb. Doesn't make any sense.

Either you're intoxicatingly arrogant or you've never met someone that is. Believe me, when you meet someone this arrogant, you will know what it means and realize its the perfect description.
King of the North
AG
While I do like the Block T better, do you think Slive gives a crap about the our logo? I can't wait until the day that my biggest problem is not liking A&M's logo. And I wouldn't say that Texags gives a good representation of the genpop. 800 people voted, huh? That is 1 percent of the student population, and doesn't include alumni. I wasn't any good at statistics, but I think a larger sample size is needed to be of any relevance.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
While I do like the Block T better, do you think Slive gives a crap about the our logo? I can't wait until the day that my biggest problem is not liking A&M's logo. And I wouldn't say that Texags gives a good representation of the genpop. 800 people voted, huh? That is 1 percent of the student population, and doesn't include alumni. I wasn't any good at statistics, but I think a larger sample size is needed to be of any relevance.

False. And you're right. You suck at statistics.
Redeemed
Let me explain why we will keep the bevels:

Our graphic artist has sent out his resume, and nobody else will hire him. So we are stuck with him and the bevels.
Ian Neff
AG
Well, I guess that I just don't understand how "vanity" or "arrogance" can be intoxicating.

I can understand how someone might be blinded by their own arrogance.

But how one might get someone else drunk on the arrogance that emits from themselves is beyond me.

But whatever. I'll bet that if you could get someone drunk off of how cool you thought you were than it would be awesome.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Let me explain why we will keep the bevels:

Our graphic artist has sent out his resume, and nobody else will hire him. So we are stuck with him and the bevels.

I lold.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Well, I guess that I just don't understand how "vanity" or "arrogance" can be intoxicating.

I can understand how someone might be blinded by their own arrogance.

But how one might get someone else drunk on the arrogance that emits from themselves is beyond me.

But whatever. I'll bet that if you could get someone drunk off of how cool you thought you were than it would be awesome.

So you don't understand the point I make and because of your misunderstanding, you attack me personally? Classic ad hominem. Good job, you suck at logical thought.
selgnaD
L8HIT
AG
Bevel sucks. Good job putting this together.
Broseph
AG
I've always said: If it's not good enough for our football helmets, why do we plaster it everywhere else?

Down with the bevel.
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
I've always said: If it's not good enough for our football helmets, why do we plaster it everywhere else?

Down with the bevel.

I made this point to the same person I made the coke logo point to. This argument was also lost on this person....
WILDMAN95
AG
Great letter!

Have you received any actual feedback, beyond acknowledgement of receipt?
Ian Neff
AG
I wasn't saying anything about you, Lateralus. I was talking about basic grammar.
And then making fun of the idea that someone could become intoxicated by someone else's arrogance.
In no way was I directing that at you, as though you were intoxicated. If that's what you thought, that is. It's hard to keep up with you given that you read so much into things.
SHEESH, bro.
ElephantRider
AG
Make it stop
rocky the dog
AG
Here is our "beveled" logo as it appeared on a local sportscast this season.

What's there to love about this? Wouldn't this have looked better?

Other than the score?

[This message has been edited by rocky the dog (edited 2/13/2014 12:52p).]
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
this guy on the internet wroe a letter to the university saying "I know what's good for the university". What intoxicating vanity and arrogance. Good lord, get over yourself

Someone's about to get an angry PM from Old Main

[This message has been edited by Elephantrider (edited 4/13/2013 10:39a).]
powerbiscuit
One of the hardest things for some to do is admit a mistake and correct it.

Old Main, blue star for you.
rocky the dog
AG
quote:
Make it stop

I don't think so.
j16low04
Get rid of the bevel!
Dab
Great work on that letter! I hope they wake up soon and get rid of the bevel once and for all.
8T2
Hopefully, this Old Main fellow is not an actual adult. Otherwise...wow!
JJxvi
AG
You should give him some respect, he and his grass roots efforts are like 33.67% of the reason we are in the SEC!
TX_COWDOC
AG
Great Work Old Main-
pv
Old Main,

I could bot agree more. Thank you for your work on this.

Old Main
AG
quote:
Have you received any actual feedback, beyond acknowledgement of receipt?

WILDMAN95,
The only feedback I have received so far is contained in the first paragraph (thanking me for my attention to detail).

quote:
in before "I got us going to the SEC"....aww, dammit!

quote:
You should give him some respect, he and his grass roots efforts are like 33.67% of the reason we are in the SEC!

JJxvi,
I was part of the SECede movement that started back in June of 2010. Others on here were part of that movement as well. We were trying to get the fans behind the move. What is wrong with that? I've never taken credit for anything other than sending out some free SECede bumper stickers. Please show me something I wrote that prompts you to write these things. I have given credit to Loftin, Box, Wilson, Stallings, Cook and our other leaders who took the bold steps to get us into the SEC. I guess I don't understand why you criticize me for this.

Rocky the Dog has been invaluable as far as giving me advice and creating graphics for my letter (he most recently created the Bevel T below). He has 40 years experience in the advertising industry and knows a bad logo when he sees one.

Back in the 1920s Texas A&M knew the value of a simple, classic logo... maybe we can take a cue from our predecessors.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 4/13/2013 12:07p).]
pv
Have they given good reasons not to change to the block?

We look like a JV team with that silly bevel
redjalapeno-87
NO BEVEL.

Let Texas Tceh be the keeper of that tradition. They may not be able to spell, but at least their bevel is correct.

Let's go back to our classic.

rocky the dog
AG
Here's a bevel for ya.

Old Main
AG
quote:
Have they given good reasons not to change to the block?

We look like a JV team with that silly bevel

pv,

No, nothing so far other than the attention to detail comment.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 4/13/2013 11:46a).]

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 4/13/2013 11:47a).]
Ernest Tucker

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.