Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,452 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
Lungblood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
15000 posts

No one cares
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
Vagina you took 27 hours of statistics just to figure out 82% of them are made up?

No, the first class taught me they're made up. The others taught me how to make them up and get paid to do it.
BoozerRed78
AG
bevel on up
bevel on down
bevel all around this funky ass town
bevel to the left
bevel to the right
keep on bevlin til ya git it right
aeon-ag
I've been in this town for 65 years and retired after 40 years from A&M. I've seen every type of logo there is to see, bevel or not. Some of you think this is something new. If you have all this time to get wound up about a bevel on a block T then I suggest using this time to make better grades or find a girl/boy and get some relief. And as for the Student Senate, it has no affect on the University what so ever. I hate to break it to them, however, the University will still be in operation when they are long gone.
" I've never heard any Aggie fan (huge fan or casual fan) complain about our school colors. This is a new one for me." I find this an implication from the football uni fashion show, black, grey, uni's, isn't this a complaint against maroon and white? Seems to me it is.

[This message has been edited by aeon-ag (edited 2/13/2014 1:22p).]
STX Ag
AG
quote:
I only took 27 hours of statistics and data analysis across my degrees, so forgive me for my ignorance, but exactly how does one 'run' a standard deviation?

Vagina - I have no clue!
Capt. America
AG
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
Vagina you took 27 hours of statistics just to figure out 82% of them are made up?

No, the first class taught me they're made up. The others taught me how to make them up and get paid to do it.

Touché
bigblackag12
AG
If its A&M flavored, I eat it. Bevel or no bevel
Lungblood
I always wondered if the beveled ones taste any different from the blocked.
bigblackag12
AG
Its a texture thing
Old Main
AG
Rocky the Dog posted this on another bevel thread. Rocky was a graphic designer by trade (for many years) and knows what he is talking about.

This is how the bevel looks on EA Sports NCAA.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 2/15/2014 1:03p).]
Personal Best
AG
Herpes flare up
Old Main
AG
quote:
Herpes flare up

Excellent point Personal Best! The Bevel IS like herpes... here is what someone posted at http://nobevel.com
quote:
BEVELS seems to be the Herpes of Texas A&M. No one wants it, irritating, unsightly, and seems to be a mistake that won't EVER go away. Oh, and from the looks of it, we got it from Tech...

Maybe we should start calling it THE BEVEL VIRUS... spreading from Lubbock to College Station since 1999.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 2/15/2014 3:41p).]
mAgnoliAg
bigblackag12
BeveledAg
Oy
L8HIT
AG
Bevel still sucks! Someone please find a cure for it.
8T2
Good to see this thread make a comeback. I enjoy laughing at Old Main's anti-bevel screeds.
TexasAggiesWin
S
Anyone who compares bevels on logos to herpes gives you insight on what we are dealing with here....
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
quote:
Anyone who compares bevels on logos to herpes gives you insight on what we are dealing with here....

The bevel, much like herpes, is serious business.
mesocosm
AG
Did not read the letter. I have no problem with the bevel. Get a life
STX Ag
AG
Old Main cracks my stuff up.

Not cuz he's funny. Cuz it's comical that there is a human with a life as pathetic as his.
Personal Best
AG
He got us into the SEC and restored military walk. He is a hero and the only one who really cares about A&M. He knows best. Is that really pathetic?
mAgnoliAg
AG
He showed us the real Johnny Football and he was a major component in the past 2 recruiting classes by giving recruits hope of our logo changing back.
STX Ag
AG
quote:
He got us into the SEC and restored military walk. He is a hero and the only one who really cares about A&M. He knows best. Is that really pathetic?

You're right. Guess we better head to OG and start getting the endless salads ready for tomorrow's shift.
STX Ag
AG
Old main drew up the plans for new Kyle on a cocktail napkin at IAH and then single handedly raised the $420m before his executive airlines flight landed in st Bart's.
Sex Panther
AG
Old Main taught me how to love a woman -- and how to scold a child.
STX Ag
AG
When I was walking on the beach and felt all alone, I turned around and saw a second set of footprints in the sand, and it was then I realized, Old Main had been walking next to me all along.

PS. No bevel on old mains footprints, only on mine.
Personal Best
AG
My belt is holding up my pants, my belt loops hold up my belt. Old main holds up my hope for a better tomorrow
Capt. Augustus McCrae
AG
Old main's tears cure cancer.

Too bad he never cries.
BeveledAg
Old main should focus his efforts on more worthy endeavors
cuppycup
AG
Can we have a live debate between on Old Main and Randolph Duke on a variety of topics?
bigblackag12
AG

Sex Panther
AG
One time I was with Old Main in the back of a pickup truck, along with a live deer. Old Main goes up to the deer and says, 'I'm Old Main! SAY IT!' Then he manipulates the deer's lips in such a way as to make it say, 'Olmay' ... It wasn't exactly like it, but it was pretty good for a deer.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
Can we have a live debate between on Old Main and Randolph Duke on a variety of topics?

http://youtu.be/_JmA2ClUvUY

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.