Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,530 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
Towns03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
testing my new sig

Towns03
AG
I guess the new signature is not working...

while I'm here: I support Old Main and hope the bevel is removed from all things Aggie.
Old Main
AG
quote:
That ad looks like it was made by someone who has no business having any input in graphic design decisions.

That ad is awful. Shows how savvy Old Main is when it comes to branding and PR.

The above comments are what I have come to expect from the Bevel Huggers.

Of course, this...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

... is definitely much better than this

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 7/10/2013 1:15p).]
Personal Best
AG
^ not even an official logo. Nice hedge
Personal Best
AG
Have you contacted yahoo/rivals about that logo? That's obviously the one you have a problem with as you always point to it. Maybe that would be more constructive.
Old Main
AG
The Rivals logo is a prime example of how the beveled logo doesn't often represent Texas A&M well. Marketing and Branding at Texas A&M needs to contact Rivals. Texas A&M licenses and controls the use of the school's logos.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 7/10/2013 12:33p).]
Ragnar Danneskjold
what's the problem with it?
Brick Tamland
quote:
quote:
quote:
That figure is accurate. I didn't read the maroon weekly nor the email that sent it to me.

The 12,000 isn't accurate. They've been hovering around 8,000 for awhile now. Maybe there were 12,000 accepted, but not that many will enroll. Even with the 25 by 25 engineering initiative there would only be 9000 tops.

I read an article in the eagle that said more freshman accepted (9700) than were expected (8700) based on their statistical data.

That's what I was saying. My first year at A&M they accepted roughly 14,000 and after the 20th day of class about 8,000 of us were still enrolled after 8,200 had accepted the offer to come to A&M. Accepted =/= the actual number of enrollees. People, believe it or not, choose other schools over A&M, even if they get in.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That figure is accurate. I didn't read the maroon weekly nor the email that sent it to me.

The 12,000 isn't accurate. They've been hovering around 8,000 for awhile now. Maybe there were 12,000 accepted, but not that many will enroll. Even with the 25 by 25 engineering initiative there would only be 9000 tops.

I read an article in the eagle that said more freshman accepted (9700) than were expected (8700) based on their statistical data.

That's what I was saying. My first year at A&M they accepted roughly 14,000 and after the 20th day of class about 8,000 of us were still enrolled after 8,200 had accepted the offer to come to A&M. Accepted =/= the actual number of enrollees. People, believe it or not, choose other schools over A&M, even if they get in.

Well how many of them looked at an uninteresting bland advertisement in a throw away packet and were moved to ACT?
JJxvi
AG
Why does Old Main keep linking the rivals logo created when they hired someone who knew photoshop in 2003 to add crazy lines over the logo of every school and haven't bothered to change as if that means something about Texas A&M's graphics in 2013. Perhaps you should start a crusade for Texas A&M to revoke rivals ability to display A&M trademarks. That would be effective and good for the school...

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 7/10/2013 2:27p).]
Dr RC
quote:
what's the problem with it?

nothing

Old Main has just carried this crap on for so long that he has to keep it up to make it look like a joke thread so people don't assume he is an insane person living in a basement.
Brick Tamland
I'm done bashing Old Main. He's passionate about what he believes and even pays for it to show up in random places like a bulletin board at a business or MaroonBook. He may not be going anywhere with it but damn it he's persistent. I don't agree with any of what he's said, but a passionate Aggie is a good Aggie. You're ok, Old Main, you're ok.
ElephantRider
King of the North
AG

why wont this thread end?
Scotch
AG
Why didn't you marry the Frey girl?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
You wouldn't be laughing at Old Main if you had fraudulent handicapped parking signs in front of your house.
Old Main
AG
Retailers and student organizations are starting to realize that most Aggies prefer the classic block aTm logo over the Bevel...

Class of '17 Shirt - No Bevel

2013 Maroon Out Shirt - No Bevel

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 7/17/2013 3:06a).]
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
Retailers and student organizations are starting to realize that most Aggies prefer the classic block aTm logo over the Bevel...

Despite the obvious ridiculousness of claiming to know what most people want, I'm sure you will be out front to take credit for this.
Quad Dog
AG
I support your quest to end the bevel, but someone who is obsessing over a detail like the bevel should really pay more attention to the difference between an apostrophe and a single quote.

Mike Hokisveiny
So lets get an update! Has the bevel been killed or what?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
**** you for bumping this thread.
CDub06
AG
Athlon ranks A&M's logo #4 in the SEC.

quote:
"Someone from A&M needs to call Texas Tech and explain how effective beveling is done. Like Vandy, Texas A&M's logo is simple and therefore works as a potent branding mark."

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-2013-ranking-secs-logos#11
JJxvi
AG
Someone should send that guy Old Main's packet via certified mail.
parkway94
AG
Pg 38.
TxAgPE
AG
2013 Maroon Out T-shirt
pv
Bevel is awful
Towns03
AG
the bevel is busy trash.

Personal Best
AG
I miss when this was our biggest problem
R E L
AG
IT STILL IS OUR BIGGEST PROBLEM DAMMIT!!!

Didn't you see ESPN using this logo as background for the Manziel story.
BeveledAg
Hey Old Main, did they eliminate the bevel yet?
MarathonAg03
AG
Part of me hates to say it, but the so-called bevel will outlive Old Main.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I thought we had ditched this thread forever
Jay95
AG
Keep it up Old Main, I hate the bevel.
It's too busy. Keep the aTm logo simple.

Personal Best
AG
Almost made it 3 months since last bump. New record
fireitdeep
Awesome thread! Had never seen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.