Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,533 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jason Cook works in the athletic department, he has no control over the university or system seal. He would not have even had such power when he worked as marketing director for the college station campus.
Motel California
Watchful Ag
AG
quote:
Old Main is right. This is similar to the ones that want to play tu again. They just dont get it. And never will. Some of you clowns have got to suffer from lack of long term memory. tu imploded from within. We could possibly be on the same track if someone doesnt wake up and see the subtle stuff thats going on. This is fastly becoming not the A&M that so many remember. You youngsters better get a clue and some of you olds better wake up. Jason Cook has been good at some things. But this one, if he has the power to change it, has not been a good decision on his part. Maybe his success went to his head and he thinks that everything he does is a good idea. Well this wasnt it. I just hope someone with sense can get things back in line, and stop letting a bunch of non Aggies make these kind of decisions. Specially on the board.
Jason has done more for our university than you ever have or will. Take a deep breath, shut down your computer, and go play with your grandkids.
mongey donk
AG
quote:
quote:
Hasn't Jason Cook gotten his ego stroked enough by sticking this abomination on every thing in a 100 mile radius of campus?

It's like when my kid was 3 and got loose with a big box of crayons. That **** was everywhere.
So Cook now works in the university licensing department and directly works with CLC who is responsible for any licensed merchandise that is the market place?
Motel California
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hasn't Jason Cook gotten his ego stroked enough by sticking this abomination on every thing in a 100 mile radius of campus?

It's like when my kid was 3 and got loose with a big box of crayons. That **** was everywhere.
So Cook now works in the university licensing department and directly works with CLC who is responsible for any licensed merchandise that is the market place?

Welcome to texags
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
quote:
Jason has done more for our university than you ever have or will.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Jason Cook was hired to do a job (more than one actually), that he has done well by all accounts. The bevel still looks like crap.
Goose83
AG
Johnny Football was the one who sold A&M to the public, not Jason Cook.
Watchful Ag
AG
Oh yeahhh I forgot ... A&M can't do anything without Johnny, right? Dumb comment.

Think about all the major projects in recent years. Jason's fingerprints have been all over the recent change in perception regarding A&M Athletics. No one does it alone, but his guidance has definitely helped this school whether you want to believe it or not.
Goose83
AG
quote:
Oh yeahhh I forgot ... A&M can't do anything without Johnny, right? Dumb comment.

Think about all the major projects in recent years. Jason's fingerprints have been all over the recent change in perception regarding A&M Athletics. No one does it alone, but his guidance has definitely helped this school whether you want to believe it or not.
Not.
95_Aggie
AG
Jason Cook needs to move on
cr0wbar
AG
cracks me up you guys are so pissed about this. Do any of you have families?
95_Aggie
AG
You're paying $144/yr to be on a fansite. Wouldn't that money be better spent on your family?
Goose83
AG
quote:

No.
Sex Panther
AG
How could we not talk about family when family's all that we got?
Motel California
S
quote:

I'm an orphan.... Still
Brick Tamland
Bevel: 11ty billion
Old Main: 0*

*unless you really believe he got us into the SEC and restored Military Walk on campus
Silent For Too Long
quote:
quote:

Not.
You are an idiot. Congrats?
Goose83
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not.
You are an idiot. Congrats?
Back at ya.

Why all this love for a guy who job is basically to sell people on stuff they don't want. You act like he's Mother Teresa. And if you think he's really the reason A&M blew up in the media in the past few years and not JFF, go right ahead.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
You're paying $144/yr to be on a fansite. Wouldn't that money be better spent on your family?

I understand what you're trying to insinuate, but your logic isn't sound. Hence, this thread
maxnow21
Bump
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Who flagged all the images?
Eagle78
Bump .... the present aTm (sans the bevel) is great on larger objects like flags or the sides of buildings. Where it falls short IMO is where it goes on a small area such as the side of a helmet. When crammed into a small area it just looks too much like the initials used to identify the presence of an automated teller machine.

To fix that situation, and only on small things like helmets and uniforms, if it were me I'd just have a maroon block T. It would certainly fit and it looks great. Very old school too which I like. Just look at the photos of the famous Aggie Muster at Corregidor.

I also like the single block T on smaller objects just because it is simpler, and frankly, sometimes less is more IMHO.

Just my two cents FWIW (which aint much!)
nortex97
AG
Here we are many years later, and the bevel exists, and Aggie football still needs to be fixed.

Coincidence?

I think fricking not.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
This looks like a Stat Monitor Repairman bump.
Donghorn
I don’t start threads, I end them…
RealMcCoy09
AG
As relevant as ever. We're an engineering and architectural school with a geometrically incorrect logo. Anyone I point this out to always comes to the same conclusion, "I never noticed it but you're right, that doesn't make sense."

I will go to my grave hating this dumb logo.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Dang yall. I used to have WAYYYYY too much time on my hands. Hope everyone i was arguing with this thread is blessed and is just killing it at life.
Rebbasser
AG
Just lose the damn bevel!
Old Army '83
JJxvi
AG
I wonder what Old Main's latest crusade is?
Tosul
AG
Remember when they beveled the jersey numbers too? Lol
TxAg8908
Now the bevel is incorporated in our official university seal.
Hill Country Ag
AG
The bevel is the devil and looks terrbl.
Gig 'Em
annie88
AG
10 years later and the bevel still sucks.
JJxvi
AG
LOL. Jersey numbers, that's a good topic for this thread, which I am now dubbing the "Graphic Design" thread.

Pretty sure the beveled numbers went away because of an NCAA clarification that numerals had to be a single color within the body of the numeral. We have of course continued using the beveled number font everywhere else in our athletic facilities to this day, and also use non-beveled ones as well in that same typeface.

However, if Old Main really wants some graphic design issues to complain about, the jersey numbers that we have used since hiring Jimbo Fisher would be a good topic for an Old Main crusade (maybe even a successful one that he can take credit for despite having nothing to do with it, within the next year or so). I don't know who came up with them, but they are awful. If you put every number next to each other and really look at them, they appear to be a random mix of about 3 or 4 different graphical font faces.

Why are there weird serif marks on like the numeral 1 that aren't duplicated on like the 4's and 7's? If you put them all down sequentially maybe they dont look all that bad. But when you start like paying attention to what like a #17 jersey actually looks like, its a huge wtf. The 1 and 7 obviously aren't even close to being from a unified font. #45 is another one that looks amazing. All of the numbers have some kind of stupid skinny up top and thick on horizontal lines on the bottom that makes 4's and 7's look ridiculous because they are very thin and dont have the thick fat ass at the bottom like all the other numerals, accentuating the impression that we like, ran out of the official 4's and 7's and slapped on different stickers from a different package or something.

Look at the Edgerrin Cooper jersey you can buy below and tell me that that #4 goes with that #5. If anything the skinny boy 4 looks like its about to stick it to the big girl 5's fisty backside of widening negative space.

RealMcCoy09
AG
Our jersey numbers are quite bad. If they just went with the normal block numbers, like the Dallas Cowboys numbers, I think they would be great. Nothing about that weird font is "unique to A&M or Texas" aside from no one else in college uses them because they look terrible.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.