Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,315 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
Personal Best
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Personal, I've engaged in many inane conversations, but I don't then run to the cool kids and discuss it.

Nor do I but I wouldn't consider it unusual in the service industry after spending 8 years there.

Anyways, I seriously want to see where EY said the bevel looked like crap. Can you produce that link?

[This message has been edited by Personal Best (edited 6/16/2013 11:48p).]
Localhero88
Inane...

Old Main
AG
WaffleHouseAg,

I appreciate you bumping up this thread exactly 68 times so far.

quote:
Old Main you drive me nuts. But dammit I have to respect a troll as committed as you.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/17/2013 12:22a).]
MarathonAg03
AG
Old Main seems to be slightly crazy.

Perhaps he's a troll.

Either way, I'm glad I'm not him.
Old Main
AG
MarathonAg03,

I'm glad I'm not you, so I guess we're both fortunate.

Why is this logo still up on Rivals? Is this really our best work? Certainly even the most hardcore Bevel Hugger would have a hard time defending this version.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 6/17/2013 12:25a).]
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

WaffleHouseAg

Old Main you drive me nuts. But dammit I have to respect a troll as committed as you.

I do not think Old Main is trolling here. Just a person with a passion based on a vision they feel is best for A&M. How many kids today would risk the slings and arrows from the other side and still stand tall for their convictions?
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
How many kids today would risk the slings and arrows from the other side and still stand tall for their convictions

He's complaining on the internet, not staring down a tank in Tienanmen Square.

That said, more power to you, old main. Maybe incorporate some of the information lacking in your original argument in your next letter. And relax on the "I know whats best" rhetoric.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/17/2013 8:21a).]
JJxvi
AG
Jason Cook held rivals up at gunpoint and told them to keep that logo. That's what I heard.
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

Ragnar Danneskjold

quote:
How many kids today would risk the slings and arrows from the other side and still stand tall for their convictions

He's complaining on the internet, not staring down a tank in Tienanmen Square.

And yet when he and others first took up the cause of A&M to the SEC those at the top were thinking PAC / B1G or doing nothing. While not the visual moment of the kid and the tank it was an example of how grassroots movements can change the course of history. How many today would be happier to see A&M in the B1G, B12, or PAC?

I know the zoo is the zoo but on occasion good things find root here.
JJxvi
AG
We're not in the sec because of texags and bumper stickers.
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
And yet when he and others first took up the cause of A&M to the SEC those at the top were thinking PAC / B1G or doing nothing.

Oh my god, you cannot possibly believe this.

Bowtie reading texags at the regents meaning: "Hey. have you guys heard of this southeastern conference? Looks like a pretty good deal".

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/17/2013 8:43a).]
WaffleHouseAg
AG
The only thing crazier than Old Main are the Old Main groupies
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

JJxvi

Not saying this was the end all and be all but early on the SEC was not the prominent end of the discussion at the upper levels and the grassroots efforts seemed to have an effect in swaying opinion away from the other 3 options.
MarathonAg03
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by Marathonag03 (edited 6/17/2013 9:08a).]
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
quote:

JJxvi

Not saying this was the end all and be all but early on the SEC was not the prominent end of the discussion at the upper levels and the grassroots efforts seemed to have an effect in swaying opinion away from the other 3 options.

What evidence do you have which conclusively shows that:

1. The SEC decision was made based, in part, upon so-called grassroots efforts;

2. That there was no support at all by decision makers to move to the SEC; and

3. That the "grassroots efforts" that "swayed opinion" at the "upper levels" originated with Old Main on an anonymous Internet message board?

[This message has been edited by Marathonag03 (edited 6/17/2013 9:13a).]
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
the SEC was not the prominent end of the discussion at the upper levels

Really? Are you sure you have absolutely no idea what was discussed and when in any level of A&M leadership in a completely fluid situation?

The texags delusions of grandeur need to stop. The fact anyone thinks anything on an anonymous message board is taken seriously by anyone that matters is the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/17/2013 9:13a).]
JJxvi
AG
A&M leadership wanting to go to the SEC has been around for more than 20 years.
Brewmaster
AG
Old Main gets it...props to him for standing up for what he believes in and doing something about it.

think any programs in the SEC will be beveling logos any time soon to keep up with us? From what I can see, none of them bevel, some outline the logo with school colors, but all of them look sharp and recognizable from afar.

the beveled aTm is outdated big 12 junk.

block aTm is timeless
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
Old Main gets it...props to him for standing up for what he believes in and doing something about it.

think any programs in the SEC will be beveling logos any time soon to keep up with us? From what I can see, none of them bevel, some outline the logo with school colors, but all of them look sharp and recognizable from afar.

the beveled aTm is outdated big 12 junk.

block aTm is timeless

I'm sorry that no one who matters agrees with you on this.

It appears you're used to it.
Localhero88
Staph....kill it
Ag4coal
quote:
Localhero889:20a

Staph....kill it

+ eleventy billion. How many pleas do you need before ou put us out of our misery
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

JJxvi

A&M leadership wanting to go to the SEC has been around for more than 20 years.

Actually it has been around longer than that but so have other options as well. The FOIA report that came out that really seemed to turn the tide was most effective because it was spread via non traditional media (internet vs local news) which meant the fuel from a grassroots did not come from TV, radio, or print.

We all may laugh at Chimp Brown but there is no doubt he showed the value of the internet to drive the traditional media. How many stories back then were driven with Chimp instead of the traditional reporters. Again, I am not saying it was TexAgs or Old Main specifically but the conglomeration of all these sources as a whole to change the dynamics of how the masses got their information and the resulting reactions from it.

Lord knows ESPN never released the story of the "secret cabal" that saved the B12 at the last second and it was non traditional sources that provided the FOIA fuel that stoked the fire. All those old links are still on TexAgs and other A&M sites and a whole lot of information got out to the public that never saw the light of day on mainstream media (or only after it had driven so much that content was forced on them).
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
I am not saying it was TexAgs or Old Main specifically

It sure seems like you are. Otherwise, why would you be exalting Old Main as the agent of change in Aggieland?
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

MarathonAg03

quote:
I am not saying it was TexAgs or Old Main specifically

It sure seems like you are. Otherwise, why would you be exalting Old Main as the agent of change in Aggieland?

You are confusing singular with plural

Your statement implies change was based only on Old Main where I am stating he was a part of a bigger movement. This is not difficult to grasp. Grassroots by nature is a plural concept not a singular one. I have been involved in many such movements in my lifetime and they all require the group over the individual to grow and take root.
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
And yet when [Old Main] and others first took up the cause of A&M to the SEC those at the top were thinking PAC / B1G or doing nothing . . . . I know the zoo is the zoo but on occasion good things find root here.

I'm not sure why anyone would believe this Kentucky Mustangs character. He's not an Aggie, but he's certainly a liar.
Ragnar Danneskjold
nah, kentucky mustangs is all right
MarathonAg03
AG
I concede the singular versus plural point, which is tangential at best, regarding this issue. What I don't concede is the contention that you are a dishonest poster.
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

MarathonAg03

quote:
And yet when [Old Main] and others first took up the cause of A&M to the SEC those at the top were thinking PAC / B1G or doing nothing . . . . I know the zoo is the zoo but on occasion good things find root here.

I would like to believe you can read at least the 3rd grade level and see it is not just Old Main or a single individual?

a) Was the SECede movement a good thing?
b) Did this movement originate from the administration?
c) Was the debate in 2009 onward driven by the internet or mainstream media?
d) Did A&M leave the Big 12 with Nebraska and Colorado?

How exactly am I a liar based on those issues?
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:

a) It accomplished nothing, just like the secede stickers they were modeled after.
b) ummmm.... of course
c)it was driven between inter-conference programs
d)No, I guess youre saying the administration had never heard of the SEC at this point?
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
quote:

MarathonAg03

quote:

I would like to believe you can read at least the 3rd grade level and see it is not just Old Main or a single individual?

How exactly am I a liar based on those issues?

1. I already conceded the singular versus plural point.

2. a. Moving to the SEC appears to have been a good thing.

2. b. Yes, by all accounts, the SEC move originated with the administration, the governing body and the SEC itself. There is no conclusive evidence that the SEC decision was made or induced by anyone who was not part of the governing body or administration.

2. c. The 2009 debate, whatever that is perceived to be comprised of, was a parlor game among anonymous Internet message board posters, and it clearly had no meaningful impact upon Texas A&M.

2. d. No.

The question, as it relates to this read, remains. Do you, Kentucky Mustangs, think that Old Main played any integral role in influencing decision makers to take A&M to the SEC? If so, is your opinion based on any proven/verifiable facts? If not, why do you attribute Old Main with being able to use his utter lack of influence to compel decision makers to change the A&M logo when there is no objective financial impetus to do so?

[This message has been edited by Marathonag03 (edited 6/17/2013 10:03a).]
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

Ragnar Danneskjold

quote:

a) It accomplished nothing, just like the secede stickers they were modeled after.
b) ummmm.... of course
c)it was driven between inter-conference programs
d)No, I guess youre saying the administration had never heard of the SEC at this point?

a) It accomplished nothing {I will tend to disagree as actions such as this across the country provided the fuel for the realignment explosion}

b) ummmm.... of course WTF?

c)it was driven between inter-conference programs {I might tend to disagree with you here as the current realignment movement (as opposed to the one in the early 90's) was underway back in 2007 and 2008 but came public when the Blair Report surfaced in late 2009 and it began to circulate via the internet as opposed to more traditional media (radio, TV, newspapers) }

d)No, I guess youre saying the administration had never heard of the SEC at this point? {I am not saying this at all but before all the public realignment discussion that formed in this round of realignment (imagine if the internet was this big back in the early 90's) it was a smaller and controlled environment of academic individuals and research dollars then and now dwarf the entertainment dollars and university presidents are well aware of this.}
JJxvi
AG
quote:
"Texas A&M needs some theology and geometry, some taste and decency. I suspect that we are teetering on the edge of the abyss."

-Old Main
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
quote:
"Texas A&M needs some theology and geometry, some taste and decency. I suspect that we are teetering on the edge of the abyss."

-Old Main

What class is Old Main?
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
b) ummmm.... of course WTF?

If you think a bunch of losers on the internet ushered in a 100 year hundreds of millions of dollars decision you are out of your mind.

If anything, the movement to the SEC originated on Deloss Dodd's desk.
Kentucky Mustangs
quote:

MarathonAg03

Do you, Kentucky Mustangs, think that Old Main played any integral role in influencing decision makers to take A&M to the SEC?

Do I think Old Main called up Loftin and influenced his decision. NO.

Do I think Old Main (and many others) drove the debate to move A&M to the SEC. YES.

This is not difficult to comprehend.

quote:
If so, is your opinion based on any proven/verifiable facts?

There may be facts out there that are never released to general public but this is not to say they do not exist. I for one would love a release of the facts of "the mysterious cabal" that saved the Big 12 and college football in June of 2010 but I am willing to bet that story never sees the light of day.

quote:

If not, why do you attribute Old Main with being able to use his utter lack of influence to compel decision makers to change the A&M logo when there is no objective financial impetus to do so?

I think you are confusing an action with an outcome and are missing the value of the debate as a valid conduit. I am not viewing Old Main as the answer but as the fuel that drives the debate. Time will tell if his point is valid or not but at least he is standing up for what he believes and he is following it up outside the confines of TexAgs based on his convictions.

Maybe I am old school but I come from an era of active change if and when needed. Is the world a better place because a guy named Hans Luder used his mind to frame a debate that led to change? Hans was just an average guy with an observation that was contrary to the current administration and the folks at the top. Then he went and nailed his thoughts on a door and changed the world forever. Grassroots movements are like that in that some ordinary person creates a debate that leads to an extraordinary outcome.

I can agree or disagree with the point Old Main is making but I will defend his right to make it. Why is this difficult to understand?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.