Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,535 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
jackalope05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All joking aside, I'm glad Old Main used his influence to get us into the SEC.
Scotch
AG
Old Main took a beating for his stance on the SEC, many told him we would never get to go there, that he should just give up already...

I thank Old Main for helping to keep the SEC fight alive, and I appreciate his work and the expenses he has incurred to make sure our primary logo looks complete, instead of having random lines that distort the image.

[This message has been edited by Scotch (edited 5/26/2013 1:20p).]
Brick Tamland
Lol
pv
Juan
Personal Best
AG
quote:
Old Main took a beating for his stance on the SEC, many told him we would never get to go there, that he should just give up already...

I thank Old Main for helping to keep the SEC fight alive

Goddammit this is great
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
quote:

I thank Old Main for helping to keep the SEC fight alive

Goddammit this is great

Agreed. Delusion at its finest
Scotch
AG
Aside from you three frat brahs and Jason Cook, no one actually likes the bevel. (I think at least two or three in the "pro-bevel" crowd are simply trolls who really don't care one way or the other and just like to argue.)

Many tolerate it, but few actually prefer it over the traditional logo. Numerous surveys support this.

Embrace reality, let go of the bevel.
Brick Tamland
I prefer it. I was not in a frat. I'm not Jason Cook. I prefer the bevel. I have bevel and block gear. I prefer bevel, but what matters more to me is how the shirt/polo looks than if it is actually bevel or block. If I had two shirts that looked exactly the same except one was bevel and one was block I would pick the bevel 10 out of 10 times. The block looks cheap and like a 9 year old drew it. It's too dull and doesn't blend in with any media material or on TV. Just my opinion.
WaffleHouseAg
AG
Brick
phillyag92
AG
Hate the bevel. Looks like tech and every conf USA/MAC/MWC logo.
Old Main
AG
quote:
Elephant Rider: Military Walk was his idea...oh wait, he actually said that one

quote:
Brick Tamland: There's really no "fighting". Old main doesn't even stand a chance. Cook doesn't listen to some crotchety wannabe that claims he got us into the SEC and renovated military walk with his bare hands.

Jason Cook was reassigned in April. Currently he reports to the Athletic Director, not the President. I doubt he makes decisions for the entire University now.

quote:
jackalope05: All joking aside, I'm glad Old Main used his influence to get us into the SEC.

With some of you Bevel Huggers I'm not sure if the problem is reading comprehension or being truthful - maybe it is both. I guess you think that if you repeat a lie enough times it will become true. Here are two quotes from my letter:
quote:
As a former student and a fan I wasn’t sure what I could do to start a grass roots campaign to support the idea of Texas A&M joining the SEC. After giving it some thought, starting in November of 2010, I made 6,000 SECede bumper stickers that I sent free of charge to Aggies everywhere who were in favor of the SEC.

quote:
Again, I can’t take any credit for the restoration of Military Walk, but at least we had the right idea back in 1995.

It was important to detail my background and involvement with Texas A&M in the past. I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out that I was on the right side of one major movement and a major construction project. If anything it shows that I care about A&M and have put some thought into my actions. Again, I never took credit for either successful outcome.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 5/26/2013 10:15p).]
WaffleHouseAg
AG
Is Old Main Kige Ramsey?
8T2
I'm not sayin...

I'm just sayin.

-- Old Main
WestAustinAg
AG
Speaking of repeating lies...did Old Main just recopy his letter for the 27th time on this thread?

And for the record I like the bevel for many of our products. It is an important brand that ain't going away.
aggieband 83
AG
The bevel is a cheap copy of what Tech made. Every time I see the bevel I think of Tech. The solid block T is and always will be the THE emblem for Texas A&M University. That is the reason I never buy any gear the has the beveled crap.
McInnisAg08
AG
Btho bevel

--------------------------------------------------------
There's a spirit can ne'er be told
It's the Spirit of Aggieland.

We will never forget 11.18.1999
BTHO Bonfire

Est 1964 - 2011
McInnis Mad Men
Personal Best
AG
quote:
The bevel is a cheap copy of what Tech made. Every time I see the bevel I think of Tech. The solid block T is and always will be the THE emblem for Texas A&M University. That is the reason I never buy any gear the has the beveled crap.

Every time you see our logo you think of tech? That's like saying every time you see Emma Watson you think of Roseanne
Sentinel
Old Main
AG
We should bevel our helmets so that we can look more like Texas Southern University. That would be a great idea. The Bevel T is exactly the same. Let's copy TSU because copying Texas Tech isn't bad enough.

WaffleHouseAg
AG
Old Main, you should permaban yourself.
ElephantRider
AG
Old Main has a word document with 5 stock posts in it. Just copies and pastes
Bockaneer
AG
I am anti-bevel, that said if we are one mark it needs to be everywhere - even the helmets.

Also, shouldn't either A&M or Texas So be suing to protect their mark?
Ragnar Danneskjold
for what its worth, i support old main in his efforts, I just think he has laid out a terrible case asking the university to alter multi-million dollar deals because of his personal preference.

Also, I think those tsu helmets looks pretty awesome.
AggiePride07
AG
Old Main

Keep up the fight. I love the traditional block T
Ernest Tucker
AG
thebevelisthedevilwerabbleandrebelwhileoldmainmeddlestolevelthebevel
Ragnar Danneskjold
Bev looks great in this picture

statz
AG
Hate the Bevel, I love the original Block ATM!!! Keep up the good work.
dave94
AG
quote:
Hate the Bevel, I love the original Block ATM!!! Keep up the good work.

What work is this? Self-aggrandizing?
Towns03
AG
the bevel really is low rent. it needs to go ASAP.
Towns03
AG
Block aTm
Personal Best
AG
With this new wave of support the admin is sure to make a change
TLA02
AG
This looks better after the bevel

I am totally not a bevel fan but just saying..

arcartlidge
AG
Sorry but I am not going to read the bevel novel this thread has become, so I apologize if this has already been asked and answered.

How old are you Old Main? I think your age might shine a little light on this for me...
Scotch
AG
In regards to the basketball court, a white or gray outline or just using a white logo in that case would have looked even better than the bevel. You are noticing that the maroon doesn't show up well in the dark, so a pop of a lighter color does help.
Too often in order to use a white bevel, the maroon logo is used on dark backgrounds. In these cases the white bevel makes something at least stand out. So the bevel might seem to help, but a white TAM on dark background would have worked much, much better.
Scotch
AG
arcartlidge Jason Cook pushes that "the kids love the bevel", I say they are simply loving A&M. I live in BCS and see quite a bit of preference for the traditional logo. Look at last years Maroon Out shirts, the helmet was used instead of the block logo alone. I wouldn't be surprised to find out this was to avoid having the bevel on the shirt.
I also see tons of the younger crowd wearing "Texas Aggies" shirts, who supposedly are supposed to prefer "Texas A&M Aggies".
I personally have disliked the bevel as a young lower 20 something and still dislike it as a 30 something.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.