Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,345 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like how Old Main bumps his stupid thread every week once it's forgotten. You should bevel your ego.
WaffleHouseAg
AG
^ this
Scotch
AG
Why would they ruin a perfectly good quilt with the hideous bevel?

Solid maroon, solid white all over until you get to the disjointed logo. Looks fugly.
ElephantRider
AG
Are you a 70 year old woman? Who gives a **** about a quilt
Scotch
AG
It is just the latest of numerous examples of the bevel not working as well as the traditional solid logo.

If perfectlty made, which is very rare, the bevel can actually look ok. 95% of the time, however, the solid logo works best.

[This message has been edited by Scotch (edited 6/8/2013 6:36p).]
Personal Best
AG
quote:
It is just the latest of numerous examples of thye bevel not working as well as the traditional solid logo.

If perfectlty made, which is very rare, the bevel can actually look ok. 95% of the time, however, the solid logo works best.

Sounds pretty ****ing scientific. Has anyone let the administration know about this??
WILDMAN95
AG
Man, the bevel looks like crap. That is a great looking quilt except for the random trapezoids on the Block-T.
Scotch
AG
I am shopping my research around to various journals.
The New England Journal of Medicne would like me to hold off and focus on the bevel's negative effect on the human psyche so that it may be included in their publication.
12th Ag
12th Ag
AG
Bump.
dave94
AG
In the name of all that is holy.....WHY?
Alois von Schweinsteiger
Staff:

Lock this thread
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
Staff:

Lock this thread

For the love of god, staff. Please.
WaffleHouseAg
AG
Lock it
Personal Best
AG
Please lock this down. Please
WaffleHouseAg
AG
Personal Best
AG
Texags law says that eventually this will become a pron thread. It's in staffs own best interest to lock it before someone who, lets say has several posts on several different pages of this thread decides to edit said posts...
Sentinel
AG
There's only one way!
Scotch
AG
I just went by The Chicolate Factory in Downtown Bryan(amazing place, by the way).

Bevel-free A&M chocolate.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
**** all o' y'all; I still got plenty of important and relevant insights to share on this matter.
WILDMAN95
AG
Seems that over the last several pages, most of the replies (and most of the bumps) are from those 2 or 3 people who claim to like the bevel.

Of course, most of the bumps have nothing to do with discussion of our flawed logo. They are to dogpile on the O.P.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
Seems that over the last several pages, most of the replies (and most of the bumps) are from those 2 or 3 people who claim to like the bevel.

Of course, most of the bumps have nothing to do with discussion of our flawed logo. They are to dogpile on the O.P.

No, 12th Ag does not support the bevel. He is responsible for 90% of bumps
ElephantRider
AG
Every bump is 12th ag or Old Main
BMX Bandit
Old Main & 12th Ag have done 97 (whoop) times more to help the bevel than Cook ever dreamed
AEK
AG
I don't like it but I'm resigned to the fact that we will have to live with it.
12th Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Old main,

I wasnt making fun of you. You literally said you know what is good for the university. You are vain, arrogant, and delusional.

I also love that you think you had ANYTHING to do with the SEC.

Youre your own #1 fan.

Ragnar is owning this thread, and everyone has their heads too far up their asses to realize it.

I one called Old Main "annoyingly militant" and received quite the scolding for it, so watch out

[This message has been edited by Elephantrider (edited 4/13/2013 11:29p).]

No, Ragnar is doing what he does, but this time he isn't making much sense. The fact that old main stated his opinion that the bevel is bad for our image, made a solid case to defend his opinion, doesn't make him arrogant at all. It means he has a well reasoned opinion. And whether you agree with his opinion or not, that doesn't change the fact that it's well reasoned.

I have heard Ragnar state similar things regarding tax law, intellectual property rights, gun laws, and puppies. They were all well reasoned opinions about how to run our country. That doesn't make him arrogant or delusional. However, when it comes to an opinion he doesn't share, he takes a hard line approach and falls into the first trap of an emotional response to a well reasoned, logical position: ad hominem.

By Ragnars own admission, Old Main's opinion is just that. I find it quite disturbing, however, that he decides to attack old main personally because of an opinion.

Make an argument AGAINST the block T or FOR the bevel. Frankly speaking, Old Mains arrogance or delusion is really not in question.

He stated his opinion and backed it up. It's important enough to him to put the time and effort into his defense of his opinion. The least you guys could do is refute his opinion, not belittle him as a person.

Oh, and Ragnar, calling someone arrogant and delusional is generally accepted as an insult and a personal attack, even if you tell him it's not.

If I walked up to you and punched you in the nose and then said, I didn't do it to hurt your nose, that doesn't change the fact that your nose is probably bleeding and painful.

Have a good evening gentlemen.

[This message has been edited by Lateralus ag (edited 4/13/2013 11:42p).]
Lateralus Ag
AG
Excellent post. ^
ElephantRider
AG
Here comes Lat to save the day

[This message has been edited by Elephantrider (edited 6/11/2013 9:02p).]
Personal Best
AG
Thread bumped by 12th Ag? Well I'll be got damned
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Here comes Lat to save the day

[This message has been edited by Elephantrider (edited 6/11/2013 9:02p).]

Who needs saving?
ElephantRider
AG
Alois von Schweinsteiger
Nice
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
And whether you agree with his opinion or not, that doesn't change the fact that it's well reasoned

No, the fact his argument is NOTHING but personal opinion is what invalidates his argument. Logic. Learn it.

He says "look at tennessee's logo, I like that! Now look at our, I dont like that!". That's not reason. Its the whining of a self important person who thinks things should change because of his delusion that he is "out fornt" of popular Aggie opinion. He's not. He is the texags equivalent of a false prophet.

Logic has nothing to do with opinion. Reason is not subject to angry internet posters whims. Its also not automatic, apparently.

quote:
Oh, and Ragnar, calling someone arrogant and delusional is generally accepted as an insult and a personal attack, even if you tell him it's not. .

Well, calling someone who claims to be the reason a university changed conferences and built military walk arrogant is also not an opinion. old main is arrogant and delusional. Its 11 May 2013. These are not subject to interpretation.

quote:

If I walked up to you and punched you in the nose and then said, I didn't do it to hurt your nose, that doesn't change the fact that your nose is probably bleeding and painful.

This is just stupid...

[This message has been edited by Ragnar Danneskjold (edited 6/11/2013 9:23p).]
Lateralus Ag
AG
ER, you may not have noticed, but I have been on what you might call a forced absence. Apparently being critical of TAMU admin had something to do with it...particularly a to remain unnamed former head of communications of a to remain unnamed university that is now head of a to remain unnamed Athletic Dept...

That being said, the pig knows which teat it gets the most milk from....might want to walk softly around easily ruffled marketing guys...

Just saying. By the way, look for post 10,946

Might not impress too many, but those paying attention might get a chuckle or two out of it...
Alois von Schweinsteiger
You know what number post outta 10k+???

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.