Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,207 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I could feel the slow death of Howdy during my time on campus starting in 08. Each year it was said less and less

I blame MCA. I'd always say howdy, he'd say hi.
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:
I could feel the slow death of Howdy during my time on campus starting in 08. Each year it was said less and less

SP
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I always said howdy to the hotties

I would say howdy then snatch a quick glance as soon as they walked by, especially on leggings day

I miss leggings so much. No one wears those to work

Not even on casual Fridays
Brick Tamland
quote:
That and it actually looks more professional and official than the alternative
BMX Bandit
SeXPANTHER
BeveledAg
MCA?
Personal Best
bigblackag12
AG
quote:
MCA?

Do you even beastie boys?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Holy ****, I'm glad Beastie Boys lyrics live on with the youngsters.
Old Main
AG
I never thought that I would see orange bevels until today. How did this one get by marketing and licensing? I thought that Oklahoma State had a monopoly on orange and black halloween colors, but now you can purchase the beveled logo in these colors. The aTm may look dark maroon on your monitor, but it is in fact black.

The Classic Block aTm is usually represented with maroon on white or white on maroon. It seems like the four trapezoid bevels give vendors an opportunity to get cute with our logo. Sometimes simple is better... classic and collegiate is the standard for every SEC logo except for our beloved Bevel.

NorCal
quote:
quote:

CaveDwellinAg
AG
Okay, you've convinced me. Down with the bevel!
WN AG
Old Main
AG
[img]http://i.imgur.com/F4lKw2Et.png[/img]
WILDMAN95
AG
Excellent bump, kind sir!
TXAGBQ76
AG
The bevel has been around for what a century or more? I give this thread a big melodramatic "YAWN". I would much rather we focus REALLY issues like fielding a good basketball team, improving our academic standing and reputation, etc. Those are the things that reflect our university.

I don't get this it must be one or the other. If you don't like the bevel, don't wear it- but don't force your personal bias on everyone.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
The bevel has been around for what a century or more? I give this thread a big melodramatic "YAWN". I would much rather we focus REALLY issues like fielding a good basketball team, improving our academic standing and reputation, etc. Those are the things that reflect our university.

I don't get this it must be one or the other. If you don't like the bevel, don't wear it- but don't force your personal bias on everyone.
Premium

Brick Tamland
I would like to personally thank Old Main for making me love the bevel more and more, every single day.
PabloSerna
AG
Doesn't MCA have a beard like a billy goat?
Face
AG
one can only hope the BOR is reading this thread now.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
The Bevel looks retarded on the University Seal.

Solid argument Old Main
JJxvi
AG

WillD
AG
quote:
Doesn't MCA have a beard like a billy goat?
He did.
Scotch
AG
I'm not a fan of the "r" word, but agree that the seal does not need to be changed.

This is not a solely a bevel issue, this is a "why break something that' works?" issue. I would be against a change to a non-beveled logo as well.

The bevel lovers in the administration simply kept warming the pot and the frogs stayed in it. Now we are about to be boiled, will we be able to jump out?
Brick Tamland
quote:
The Bevel looks retarded on the University Seal. Why not leave the seal alone?

Board of Regents consider updating University Seal

You're "fighting" a losing battle. You'll lose the battle, and the war. You push for more block, they gave you more bevel.
8T2
quote:
The Bevel looks retarded on the University Seal. Why not leave the seal alone?

Board of Regents consider updating University Seal

Your statement insinuates that if they would use a block T with A and M, you would approve.
Old Main
AG
quote:
Why not leave the seal alone?
Does this not explain what I think?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/F4lKw2Et.png[/img]
Hill Country Ag
AG
Bevel fails in so many ways.
Goose83
AG
Hasn't Jason Cook gotten his ego stroked enough by sticking this abomination on every thing in a 100 mile radius of campus?

And furthermore, why the change? Seals and logos are not supposed to be the same design to begin with, for goodness sake. Seals are supposed to be formal looking for a reason, and not like something that was copied off a t-shirt at Wal-Mart.

What next - Replace the eagle in the ring crest with a beveled t?
Personal Best
AG
If this momentous occasion can bring that piece of **** 12th Ag back, we'll have the trifecta of overly emotional, melodramatic ***** posters in old main, scotch and that ***** 12th Ag back together...

Glad y'all are using the 'r word' now since half of this thread is actually old main and 12th Ag playing they holier than thou "please stop using personal insults" card
Motel California
S
staff. Bumping old threads is acceptable now?
powerbiscuit
quote:
Hasn't Jason Cook gotten his ego stroked enough by sticking this abomination on every thing in a 100 mile radius of campus?

It's like when my kid was 3 and got loose with a big box of crayons. That **** was everywhere.
Silent For Too Long
quote:
staff. Bumping old threads is acceptable now?
Are you new?
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Surely theyre not ignoring old main's e-mails, letters, fedex packages; after all, he thought joining the SEC was a good idea.

Im sure jason cook has assigned his top student worker to open old main's mail
DayAg!
S
Old Main is right. This is similar to the ones that want to play tu again. They just dont get it. And never will. Some of you clowns have got to suffer from lack of long term memory. tu imploded from within. We could possibly be on the same track if someone doesnt wake up and see the subtle stuff thats going on. This is fastly becoming not the A&M that so many remember. You youngsters better get a clue and some of you olds better wake up. Jason Cook has been good at some things. But this one, if he has the power to change it, has not been a good decision on his part. Maybe his success went to his head and he thinks that everything he does is a good idea. Well this wasnt it. I just hope someone with sense can get things back in line, and stop letting a bunch of non Aggies make these kind of decisions. Specially on the board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.