Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

229,239 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BartInLA
Ragnar Danneskjold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Would you let someone bevel your wife? What about your children?

dave94
AG
quote:
I was ambivalent to this until reading the letter. Thanks so much for the clarification; I'm now full-on against the bevel!

Hooray! Now you can argue about something that really doesn't matter and you won't make a difference anyway!
jackalope05
AG
Trying to bevel my damn yard. It's not that easy, so I can see how they can't get the "T" right.
GEA89
AG
quote:
This is such a short sighted, naive, and well, frankly ignorant argument that it's almost embarrassing.

No what is naive, ignorant, petty, and embarrassing is the idiot few who have such short sighted, narcissistic, and juvenile viewpoints that keep talking about something that will never change and is so petty that it is beyond ridiculous.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Branding and marketing of a multi-million dollar logo is petty and childish?

Who's being naive now, Kay?
aggiebones
AG
Dump the Bevel and the Collie.
Go back to Block and mutt.
DPTaggie
Excellent work Old Main .... Ditch the Bevel!
12th Ag
mAgnoliAg
AG
Old main's poll doesn't account for **** considering the number of people and the TYPE OF PEOPLE on TA. Also it doesn't really account for the people who just don't care
pinche gringo
AG
I don't like the bevel. Therefore I do not buy merch with the bevel on it. It is not "boycotting", it's selecting for what I like and think looks good and against what doesn't. I never claimed A&M's sales were down because of the bevel. In fact, sales are up. However they are not up because of the bevel either. I simply stated that I won't buy it. If you don't like that, well too bad.

Yes, I want to see the current bevel logo scrapped. I am not alone. One guy hates it so much he wrote a really long and detailed letter to the university. He wanted to share it with other Aggies who might agree. I don't see anything wrong with this. If you don't like something and want it changed, that's what you do! Have you ever written a letter to your senator or congressman? Sometimes they listen, sometimes they don't.
What I don't understand is the hatefulness from some of you, especially those that don't like the bevel anyway or are neutral on the issue. This is an issue to many of us. If it's not an issue to you, then why are yall posting so much in this thread? Why all the vitriol? Are you just that hard up for a fight? Do you just get off on being a dick?
Ok, so you don't think it's an issue. Well move along, then. There are countless causes and problems for people at Texas A&M and across the nation and world that I don't care about. Hell, they are on tv every day. They are even on this website. I certainly don't waste my time telling people that do take issue with them that they are absurd and obsessive over a non issue. I might think it's a waste of their time to try and address it, but it's their time to waste. If you don't think it's worth the time or effort to try and change something you don't like, fine. You may be right. But don't attack those of us who do.

ElephantRider
AG
Boycott

verb (used with object)
1. to combine in abstaining from, or preventing dealings with, as a means of intimidation or coercion: to boycott a store.
TexasAggiesWin
S
I don't buy Afflication shirts because I don't like the way they look. Writing a letter to their CEO telling him that his shirts are ugly is not the way to get him to change the design of his shirts.

HTH
Oscar Diggs
AG
So in other words, business owners hate hearing feedback about their products from their customers?
Street Fighter
AG
quote:
What I don't understand is the hatefulness from some of you,

Again, OP opens a thread calling people names and you complain about other posters being hateful. Why don't you throw one of your stones at him?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
I don't buy Afflication shirts because I don't like the way they look. Writing a letter to their CEO telling him that his shirts are ugly is not the way to get him to change the design of his shirts.

This might possibly be the worst analogy I have ever come across.
pinche gringo
AG
Saying the term "bevel hugger" is hateful is beyond laughable. Come on.
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
So in other words, business owners hate hearing feedback about their products from their customers?

Money talks. Too many people buy those types of shirts so my opinion, in the grand scheme of things, does not matter. If people are buying, the guy is not going to change his designs because of a few people who do not like them.

quote:
This might possibly be the worst analogy I have ever come across.

People have said they are not buying beveled gear. I am not buying Affliction gear. Too many other people are buying Affliction gear for my opinion written in a letter to the CEO to create a change.

[This message has been edited by aggiesrul8 (edited 4/17/2013 1:48p).]
ElephantRider
AG
What if a few people got together and decided they didn't like Nike's logo, so they wrote a letter demanding that it get changed?
JJxvi
AG
I'm guessing they would get all indignant that someone hadn't yet responded to the meat of their concerns.
BMX Bandit
THE SWOOSH IS BACKWARD ON THE OUTSIDE OF RIGHT SHOE!!!!

It's an embarrassment.
Street Fighter
AG
quote:
Saying the term "bevel hugger" is hateful is beyond laughable. Come on.

Neither is anything other people have posted on this thread, but it did serve to "draw sides" and he got his intended result in the pointless dead horse debate and people stroking his ego.

[This message has been edited by Street Fighter (edited 4/17/2013 1:59p).]
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
People have said they are not buying beveled gear. I am not buying Affliction gear. Too many other people are buying Affliction gear for my opinion written in a letter to the CEO to create a change.

When did you get your degree from Affliction shirt university? How many thousands of dollars did you and/or your family spend to send you there?
pinche gringo
AG
The numerous personal attacks levied against the OP have been quite hateful. Get real, man.
pinche gringo
AG
DP

[This message has been edited by pinche gringo (edited 4/17/2013 2:13p).]
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
The numerous personal attacks levied against the OP have been quite hateful

Yes, but the OP's statement about "knowing what's good for A&M" was so far outside reality and common sense and rationality he needed to be insulted. Its one of the most pompous things ive ever seen on texags.

For my part, I apologize for what are passing as personal attacks on this thread.
JJxvi
AG
Whats with all the "Old Main fawners" on this thread?
RhodeAg
AG
quote:
The numerous personal attacks levied against the OP have been quite hateful.

No, there have been no 'hateful attacks' on the OP. I've read every single post (some were quite entertaining actually), and I didn't see one hateful post anywhere. There have been some semi-striong disagreements, granted. How exactly do you define 'hateful'?
Oscar Diggs
AG
aggiesrul8
Never assume that you are the only one writing in to complain. Your letter could possibly match hundreds of others voicing a similar complaint. Rule of thumb is that for every person who does complain, there are x amount who also feel the same way but never write in.
Many business owners, especially retail, never know or understand the depth of a problem till people start complaining.
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
Whats with all the "Old Main fawners" on this thread?

Dude he made stickers
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
For my part, I apologize for what are passing as personal attacks on this thread.

And I apologize for calling you a "wiener-taping street hustler clumsily trying to pass for a 12 year old Taiwanese girl." That came from place of anger and had no real bearing on the discussion.
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
And I apologize for calling you a "wiener-taping street hustler clumsily trying to pass for a 12 year old Taiwanese girl." That came from place of anger and had no real bearing on the discussion.

I think we all get called this at some point in our lives
Street Fighter
AG
quote:

For some reason I pictured that as Vince Vaughn movie line.
Lateralus Ag
AG
I never said boycott. I don't buy ****ty products. It's not a boycott. It's not buying ****ty stuff.

Bevel is ****ty, ergo I don't buy it. I really don't give a **** if anyone else buys it or not.

That's not a boycott.

Y'all are killng me.
Street Fighter
AG
quote:
Y'all are killng me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX4qkQmT22g

[This message has been edited by Street Fighter (edited 4/17/2013 4:05p).]
Bockaneer
AG
Avoid bevel products where/when possible but love my school and have to represent... Doesn't mean I have to like the no-choice sandwich they're feeding me.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.