Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Letter to the Leadership of Texas A&M regarding the Bevel

231,567 Views | 1720 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by BartInLA
Frederick Palowaski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I buy A&M polos on the basis that it fits right and is quality fabric. I don't get my panties in a wad over 2 square inches of my shirt that might possibly be beveled.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I wouldn't have guessed that you wear panties.
ElephantRider
AG
Lace panties?
Frederick Palowaski
AG
Technically it's a banana hammock. Normally cotton
Street Fighter
AG

[This message has been edited by Street Fighter (edited 4/17/2013 4:56p).]
AgEngineer72
AG
I've been a Good AG for a lot of years and my son, Class of '97, is really in tune with Aggie happenings. Yet I've never heard a thing about this "bevel" issue until I read this thread. Upon further reflection, perhaps that explains why this movement hasn't gained a lot of traction- there may be only a small minority, as the world of Ags go, who know about it and maybe who care about it.

The OP's letter made some interesting points, some of which I agree make sense. However, I have enough significant things going on in my life that it's hard for this to elevate high enough on the list for me to really care. I live and breath Aggies but our marketable valuation and recognition come from us, come from within, and come from our spirit- not a logo. I've got to think this over a bit more but I'm not sure this is that big of deal. We are who we are not what our logo is.

An observation about the "letter"- it's way to long, wordy and complicated to cleanly and concisely make your point and sell the concept. And- contacting the SEC Commissioner? Really? Why does he care about bevel shading on a member school's logo? I would be amazed that he would entertain a second thought on the topic. Including Mr. Slive in this debate may well have helped relegate your efforts to the trash heap of sincere but somewhat radical insignificant interests. I'm not sure that was a wise move.

But I appreciate the passion and spirit. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by AgEngineer72 (edited 4/17/2013 5:30p).]
RAB83
AG
A lot of "last lost sale" logic on here. No one has any real data. What you or your friend did or didnt do is just as irrelevent as the fact merchandise sales soared after a great season in an exciting league with the nation's best player. Maybe the student senate will get it.

Until then, everyone's arguing just to argue. I think Old Main made a persuasive case, but I already hated the bevel. Near as I can tell, Rag isn't disagreeing with OM's argument, but his approach, whether this is something to get worked up about, whether anyone here trumps Jason Cook's opinion and expertise, and the general fact Rag likes to rag with contrarian positions.

Old Main, if you're committed to this, why not get a tailgate tent as close to Kyle as possible and make it the anti-bevel campaign central? See how it plays away from TexAgs.

BTW, I'm not sure I know any Aggies younger than age 60 who don't hit TexAgs now and then, though most won't admit the extent of their addiction. Personally, I can go whole days without visiting TexAgs (when it's not football season + I'm traveling overseas + I can't get cheap Internet access). But then, what does my anecdotal evidence prove?

BTW, I had a crappy beer tonight. It was a hotel bar and my choice was limited to one crappy beer or another. If they served good beer, I would have had another. If it was great beer, I might have had three.

[This message has been edited by RAB83 (edited 4/17/2013 7:30p).]
jmschrade
bevel blows
Old Main
AG
LEVEL THE BEVEL!
Bone6
We won't lose the bevel because unemployed morons who take part in marketing surveys think it looks cool.
Jay95
AG
I support and agree with Old Main 100%.
The bevel is terrible.

I think it's real simple. The plain block aTm with no bevel just looks better.
And if that was our primary logo, nobody would be complaining that we need to add a bevel to it.
West Point Aggie
AG
Wow...13 pages...like the bevel, this thread has staying power!!
beebeegee
AG
First post I ever clicked on the thumbs up in support of
Old Main
AG
Do the Bevel Huggers defend this version of the Bevel (which is still up on the Rivals website) or are some versions of the Bevel so damn ugly that no one claims them?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/teamrank/2013/all/all

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 4/20/2013 12:11p).]
ElephantRider
AG
You should talk to rivals if you don't like that one
Old Main
AG
If a major college football website is using an extremely poor version of our logo someone at branding and marketing at Texas A&M should contact them and send a more acceptable logo.

[This message has been edited by Old Main (edited 4/18/2013 7:59p).]
ElephantRider
AG
You should write them a letter and tell them
AnalogyAg
The bevel is stupid, because it is wrong.

It's not so much a bevel as just a "randomly marked-up" block aTm.
ElephantRider
AG
Or better yet, make stickers
Jay95
AG
Old Main, Keep it up the good work. I really hope you are succsessful with this cause. I will take you out for a steak dinner if you can convince the leadership to get rid of the bevel.

Southeastern Conference
AG
Cramer: no bevel, no bevel, no bevel
Brick Tamland
This "cause" is futile. You honestly deserve ZERO credit for military walk and the SEC. Plus, Rivals is using the wrong media logo for us. All you do is copy and paste the same thing over and over again. You have no alternative plan for even implementing the block T to everything on campus and the media. Your whole argument is "the T can't make a shade of maroon or white when light hits it" and "I think the block looks better". You are just trolling at this point. Nobody is this dumb.
Brick Tamland
This thread seriously needs to die
Bryanisbest
AG
I have seen some strange topics on texags over the two years I have been a reader. The bevel discussion is the strangest ever. Let it go, guys.
Old Main
AG

ElephantRider
AG
Please tell me that's really on your car
Old Main
AG
It isn't. Probably someone just went to the website that sells these and typed the letters in to see what it looked like. I saw it on a Google search.

pv
I have seen lots of people go to flea marts and get non-bevel stickers made up for their cars.

Sad fact is that our university loses money with this high school looking logo.
Jay95
AG
I actually don't believe anyone that says they would choose the bevel over the plain block aTm. Maybe a kid in Jr High, but not an adult.

94chem
I have 3 wool 7 1/4 and 7 1/8 fitted caps from the mid 90's, pre-bevel, never worn, in my closet. They are solid maroon with a clean white ATM logo on the front, just good classic baseball caps.

No giant thumbs, pictures of sarge, off-center 12's, or any other junk on them. Just classic baseball caps, WHICH APPARENTLY NO LONGER EXIST for sale in stores, in wool or any other material.

How much would you give for one?
ElephantRider
AG
quote:
IHow much would you give for one?

About tree fiddy
Ragnar Danneskjold
quote:
I actually don't believe anyone that says they would choose the bevel over the plain block aTm. Maybe a kid in Jr High, but not an adul

I also can't imagine a world where someone would disagree with me.
ElephantRider
AG
If you disagree with me, that means you're dumber than a Jr high kid
Ragnar Danneskjold
Fore the record, in this whole thread I have only seen one person say they prefer the bevel to the block.
ElephantRider
AG
If it doesn't cause you mental anguish, you're a bevel hugger by default

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.