Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No intentions to move away from the bevel--per Jason Cook.

5,446 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Old_Ag_91
I am the Aggman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ridiculous. He can make any excuse he wants about how it doesn't impact the brand, marketing is up, etc., etc. but it simply doesn't change the fact that it's just a horrible looking logo.

At least he finally addressed the issue with a straight forward answer.

Whoop coo ca choo
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Designed by Nike in 1999.
NewArmyAgg
Frankly I don't really care whether our logo has a bevel or not. I care about winning games.
I am the Aggman
Every single one of those Nike designed logo's from that '99 time frame are ridiculous.
West Point Aggie
AG
At least T* is going away!
TexMex Redass 03
AG
quote:
Frankly I don't really care whether our logo has a bevel or not. I care about winning games.

exactly...
Broseph
AG
Its one of those things that should never have been messed with. You mess with it and then it looks outdated after 10 years. Oh, and just because Nike designed it, doesnt mean its good.
CTR14
Good
TexasAggiesWin
S
I never even thought about/noticed the bevel until people started complaining about it on TexAgs....
Lungblood
Turrble
BMX Bandit
quote:
I never even thought about/noticed the bevel until people started complaining about it on TexAgs....

No kidding.

keep the bevel. piss off texags

[This message has been edited by BMX Bandit (edited 3/7/2012 10:25a).]
SwampFox
This guy is supposed to be a marketing guru but can't grasp the obvious fact that the bevel is an ugly, unecessary addition to an otherwise classic logo? What a joke!
chipotle
I just notice I have that atrocious bevel on my cap. Boycotting from here on out.
I am the Aggman
Tree Hugger
AG
But he said that this place is the only source of complaint he's heard on the issue
NewArmyAgg
quote:

This^

I notice it now obviously, but I still couldn't care less.
I am the Aggman
Here are your ridiculous Nike designed logos:
I am the Aggman
quote:
But he said that this place is the only source of complaint he's heard on the issue

Duh.
Does he want people lining up outside his office complaining to him in person?
CLB2008
AG
There is so much old army butthurt in this thread. Its a damn logo, you old farts! Times change, schools change, logos change.
Do you people still wear bellbottoms and listen to 8-tracks?
BTHOB-98

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygbZfDqkZNE

Mura bhfuil tu laidir gur mhaith leat a bheith nios fearr cliste

West Point Aggie
AG
It is funny that A&M took GREAT care to change the logo 2 or 3 years back when it felt it necessary to move the A and M further "out" while making them a little bigger...but apparently the bevel is out of limits...odd...peculiar....I'm 50/50 on the bevel...as spreadsheetAg said, it can be beveled and still look good!

[This message has been edited by West Point Aggie (edited 3/7/2012 10:35a).]
Saxsoon
AG
Damn straight keep the bevel.

I like the comment about how it looks dated, how does the old logo look?

If he says marketing is up because of it, what is the damn complaint?
mpaggie06
AG
So, let's start mailing him letters. That bevel **** is awful; it just looks so half-assed. Either do it right, or don't do it at all. The removal of the T-star was a step in the right direction, why not clean it all up at once. I bet you'll hear down the road that the move to the SEC was "the only good re-set period, and now it's too late to change the bevel" or some crap like that. Must be a few BMA's that really like it, because they sure are hanging on to it tight. You'd think as the marketing guy he'd want a chance to put his stamp on the A&M brand...he could do that if he took us to a re-vamped ATM (either solid or a real bevel).
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Here are your ridiculous Nike designed logos:

My fav is the AM logo that looks like legs of people doing the deed in the missionary position.
I am the Aggman
quote:
If he says marketing is up because of it, what is the damn complaint?

He didn't say marketing is up BECAUSE of it. He just said marketing is up. I'm betting the move to the SEC has something to do with that.
I'll also go out on a limb and say that if we got rid of that ugly ass logo our sales would be even higher. I know that would be the case in my house for sure.....and have plenty of buddies who feel the same way.

The bevel is horrible. Period. And Aggies are loyal to a fault...Mr. Cook know's we'll buy just about anything they slap an Aggie logo on, regardless of how it looks.
Johnny Z
AG
So what exactly is so hideous about it? I'm not the biggest fan of it, but what is making everyone throw up in their mouths over it?

[This message has been edited by Johnny Z (edited 3/7/2012 10:55a).]
TXAGBQ76
AG
I do not have a dog in this fight one way or the other; but I must admit the only butthurt being shown is with "new" or "no" army...
JJxvi
AG
quote:
So what exactly is so hideous about it? I'm not the biggest fan of it, but what is making everyone throw up in their mouths over it?

groupthink

[This message has been edited by JJxvi (edited 3/7/2012 10:58a).]
Broseph
AG
Johnny, the fact is we have two marks now. One with a bevel and one without. The one without is on our helmets and hands down the most recognized, timeless version.

Why have two versions? That is a marketing no-no when it comes to your most recongized brand. We arent going to put the bevel version on our helmets...no why is that? Because it would look BAD.

This is all you need to know about this issue: if the bevel isnt good enough for our helmets, then why are we using it everywhere else?
joeaggie8888
AG
quote:
I do not have a dog in this fight one way or the other; but I must admit the only butthurt being shown is with "new" or "no" army...
Naked Hiker_Old
Good. Most people have nothing against the bevel, and barely notice it. I don't want it on the helmet, but everything else is fair game.
JJxvi
AG
The with bevel and without bevel are similar enough that the vast majority of people (ie everybody who is not an Aggie and thus already invested in A&M anyway) will not even recognize the fact that there is any difference between them if they see one logo without the other logo present, and if both are present, will just pick the one that that looks the best stylistically on that particular piece of merchandise.
I am the Aggman
quote:
Most people have nothing against the bevel, and barely notice it.

I'll be happy to review your exhaustive research proving this utterly ridiculous claim.

For YEARS there have been threads on TexAgs and other sites clamoring for the return of our traditional logo. While not the most scientific method of determining it's popularity, I'd speculate that the complete LACK of similar threads in support of the bevel would indicate that you are wrong.
TXAGBQ76
AG
sorry, but a few threads on a bulletin board is not very "exhaustive research" either; I am thinking the guy getting paid to do our brand marketing PROBABLY trumps all of this drivel by made up names on a bulletin board... after all, he dedicates most of his waking hours doing this and gets paid for it; while most of the people on here obviously have nothing else to do in their life than look for things piss and moan about
I am the Aggman
quote:
sorry, but a few threads on a bulletin board is not very "exhaustive research" either;

Which is exactly why I state that very thing in my response.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.