Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bender's Big AR-15 & Semi Auto Shilling Thread

504,294 Views | 2919 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by robstrom
DatTallArchitect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's true. One extra lower would be worth the education, if I did mess up the first one.

It's my understanding that with the 80% lower you are just cutting out the fire control pocket, rear shelf and trigger hole. That you first drill a series of holes to get the bulk of the metal out, then use a mill bit to clean it up. I was thinking that, by attaching a fence to the drill press, I could do this if I take my time and double/triple check my setups before drilling/milling. (Not to mention using a good jig kit) Does that sound right? Am I missing anything?
CTGilley
AG
NVM
BenderRodriguez
AG
CTGilley said:

NVM

I have no idea what was posted before the edit, but...

There are no silly questions. Ask away.
CTGilley
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

CTGilley said:

NVM

I have no idea what was posted before the edit, but...

There are no silly questions. Ask away.
I was asking about a LPK from R GUNS but I found some reviews on the company online and they were not good.

I was/am looking for a nickel/stainless LPK. I don't want to spend the money on titanium I might just try a different direction.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Curious why you're wanting nickel/stainless?
CTGilley
AG
Purely cosmetic I like the way the stainless barrel looks under a black rail with black break. Trying to carry the same look to the receiver. "AR-15 the Barbie Doll for men."
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
So, just wanting a silver trigger then? Or all of the pins etc?
CTGilley
AG
All the pins, release, disconnect, maybe forward assist.....
dubi
AG
CTGilley said:

Purely cosmetic I like the way the stainless barrel looks under a black rail with black break. Trying to carry the same look to the receiver. "AR-15 the Barbie Doll for men."

This is pretty funny!

Furlock Bones
AG
dubi said:

CTGilley said:

This is pretty funny!

It's funny but at the same time I don't know when people started thinking that men don't have taste and can't enjoy things that are aesthetically pleasing. Guns, watches, clothing, etc.
dubi
AG
Furlock Bones said:

dubi said:

CTGilley said:

This is pretty funny!

It's funny but at the same time I don't know when people started thinking that men don't have taste and can't enjoy things that are aesthetically pleasing. Guns, watches, clothing, etc.

At our house I'm the one that asks for certain colors on my guns. I think Mr Dubi doesn't care. His FDE doesn't even coordinate. :-)

He crayons my logos, bought me pink breast cancer grips for my M&P, and built me a really pretty red Punisher AR.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Furlock Bones said:

dubi said:

CTGilley said:

This is pretty funny!

It's funny but at the same time I don't know when people started thinking that men don't have taste and can't enjoy things that are aesthetically pleasing. Women, Guns, watches, clothing, etc.
Duuuuuuude.
Furlock Bones
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Furlock Bones said:

dubi said:

CTGilley said:

This is pretty funny!

It's funny but at the same time I don't know when people started thinking that men don't have taste and can't enjoy things that are aesthetically pleasing. Women, Guns, watches, clothing, etc.
Duuuuuuude.
left off women because that's the only thing that has always been acceptable.
Puryear Playboy
AG
We should retitle this thread the Metrosexuals Guide to AR15s!
HumbleAg04
AG
If you like SS barrels you should get a nice matte finish on it instead of the polished shiny one. Looks the bestest. Use a NiB BCG and some other matte silver accents and be a baller!
CharlieBrown17
AG
HumbleAg04 said:

If you like SS barrels you should get a nice matte finish on it instead of the polished shiny one. Looks the bestest. Use a NiB BCG and some other matte silver accents and be a baller!

Saw a badass WOA barrel on snipershide that had a matte finish then was fluted so the flutes were shiny and the barrel was still matte.
Puryear Playboy
AG
In an effort to pull this thread back to respectability from the Millinial rathole it is sliding down...

I give you the latest fun toy from my sponsor Adams Arms. 12.5" .308 piston...umm...pistol.

It's setup with a Sig Brace and I added a Law Tactical side folder. Trigger is an LT MBT. The can on it at the moment is a YHM. Scope is Truglo's 1-6x. These are great scopes for the money, and money aside. True 1x, red and green illumination and it comes with a throw lever and a functional mount. The reticle is not bad, and they are working on a new one per the specs I gave them.

This upper is one of only ten in the wild, but I expect it will become part of the standard product line. Best accuracy is 5 rounds into .85", but I am still playing with loads. The best part is that using the adjustable gas system on the Adams piston I have a recoil impulse that is lighter than my 556 guns.

The thermal goes on it this weekend, and may just stay there most of the time from now on...

[URL=.html][/URL]h

[URL=.html][/URL]

[URL=.html][/URL]
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
How hard is it to put a side folding stock on to a lower? I am new to the whole black rifle craze and I am in the middle of a .300 blk pistol build, have a Sig Brace kit ordered from OpticsPlanet, what else do I need?
Puryear Playboy
AG
It's easy. The Law Tac product is a 10 minute install. You can't fire the rifle with it folded, but that's not a big deal.

I am going to use one on my 7.5" PDW project.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
I think I am gonna be putting one on my 7.5" .300 blk pistol build.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Are they still $250? I like them but that's a lot of money just to fold the stock. Curious if any other options out there.
The Wonderer
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Are they still $250? I like them but that's a lot of money just to fold the stock. Curious if any other options out there.
I saw one for $234 over the weekend with sales.

There are other options in the $40-50 range that are substantially similar to the law tac model (they're knockoffs), but I got yelled at when I posted the links because they're chinese. I have three installed and never had an issue.
Duncan Idaho
Are they the "air soft" models?
The Wonderer
AG
Have no idea why it was labeled that. They're all metal and of the same design as the Law Tac from what I can tell.
Duncan Idaho
I saw some at a gun show and thst was how they were justifying the price difference. They seemed pretty much identical to me.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Are they the "air soft" models?
There is a LOT of stuff that is labeled for "air soft" that is brought in that are labeled that way so they aren't gun parts being shipped over. Varying levels of quality on those but some very good stuff is brought over along with some total crap.
Naveronski
AG
The Wonderer said:

Have no idea why it was labeled that. They're all metal and of the same design as the Law Tac from what I can tell.

Not all metal is the same.
Not all aluminum is the same.
Bazooka Joe
AG
The Truglo 1-6x is the model I decided to go with based on the reviews and price. I havent bought it yet. Let me know it performs.
MTxTwelve
Paid the M110 suppressor a little visit last night

pedcom
S
My spouse has given me the go-ahead to do a nice AR15 build. I'm stuck on choosing a barrel. My choice would be an 18" barrel with a rifle length gas system chambered for 223 Wylde. It should also be lightweight. Any recommendations?
gibberish
AG
pedcom said:

My spouse has given me the go-ahead to do a nice AR15 build. I'm stuck on choosing a barrel. My choice would be an 18" barrel with a rifle length gas system chambered for 223 Wylde. It should also be lightweight. Any recommendations?
Seekins Precision has some nice .223 Wylde uppers, and will start selling barrels alone as well.

There are several others to consider as well.
El Chupacabra
pedcom said:

Have you looked at LaRue barrels?
CharlieBrown17
AG
White Oak is a place to look as well, either barrels or an upper
Furlock Bones
AG
well, i've owned my AR for 2 plus years and haven't done anything to it. i have been reading a lot more and decided i want to know more about the platform and fix some things.

first things first, the milspec trigger had to go. in its place, a Geissele SSA-E. holy smokes what a difference.

second, a new grip was in order. Ergo Deluxe. i was worried when the package came in that it would be too large. but, at the moment in the house, it actually feels very nice.

i know this is nothing to you guys. but, for me it is something new and fun to learn.

dr_boogs

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.