Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bender's Big AR-15 & Semi Auto Shilling Thread

499,112 Views | 2919 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by robstrom
dr_boogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Paging txyaloo,bender or other AR pros - any idea if the JP Enterprises silent capture spring system is legit and will it work with the standard length Troy tomahawk stock? Interested in trying one out on my 300 blk SBR build. Have all my parts but stock/buffer/etc is the last decision I have to make. Will run it suppressed 99% of the time if that helps.

Also, the Troy website says the Tomahawk won't work with their Ambidextrous bolt release. Anyone know if other vendor's Ambi bolt releases will work w the tomahawk? I'm a lefty so ambi bolt release is useful to me. Thanks fellas.
DatTallArchitect
AG
I have an Armaspec Stealth Recoil System that I'm putting in my Grendel build. Once I have it up and running, I'll let you know what I think if it.

It is similar to the JP Silent Capture, but about half the cost.
maverick2076
I haven't used it with that stock, but the JP buffer system, especially when combined with an adjustable gas block, is badass.
35chililights
AG
I have the JP silent captured spring in my 11.3" 300BLK. I also have a adjustable gas block, and have it set with just enough gas to get the bolt to hold open on an empty mag. it is a great set up. very smooth, solid, and no reverberations after a shot.
dr_boogs
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

I have an Armaspec Stealth Recoil System that I'm putting in my Grendel build. Once I have it up and running, I'll let you know what I think if it.

It is similar to the JP Silent Capture, but about half the cost.

Thanks to all for the input. Yep let me know about the armaspec stealth recoil. Very interested.
dr_boogs
AG
35chililights said:

I have the JP silent captured spring in my 11.3" 300BLK. I also have a adjustable gas block, and have it set with just enough gas to get the bolt to hold open on an empty mag. it is a great set up. very smooth, solid, and no reverberations after a shot.

You have any experience running it suppressed vs unsuppressed? Similar to a standard set up just need to tune it correctly?
35chililights
AG
I have an adjustable gas block that has a detent that allows me to count "clicks". I know how many clicks open from completely closed that I need for both suppressed and unsuppressed.
dr_boogs
AG
Got it, thanks for the advice.
Daddy-O5
AG
Pros/Cons of coating a stainless barrel? Practical reasons, not tacticool.

Won't be rolling around in the mud with it, but hunting is entirely possible with it.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Dad had bought a PSA A2 build kit a while back but hadn't gotten a lower, so yesterday I picked up a lower and put everything together to surprise him for his birthday. He's planning to scope it but it's giving me the itch for a carry handle, 20 " AR

maverick2076
I can probably lay hands on an extra carry handle if you really want one. Where are you located?
DatTallArchitect
AG
IIRC, he's a current student.
The Wonderer
AG
DatTallArchitect said:

IIRC, he's a current student.
Yep.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Those two are right, I'm a student so I'm in CS most of the year. Otherwise I'm around Austin.

maverick2076
I'm in SW Houston, but I'm fixing to leave for Fort Lee for a couple weeks. Let me see if I can find one. If so, you can have it if you pay for shipping.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Appreciate it man. Just let me know.
45-70Ag
AG
Bought this off aero
Came in today

Hell I give up
Stupid tiny pic won't upload

Naveronski
AG
Irish_Man said:

Bought this off aero
Came in today

Hell I give up
Stupid tiny pic won't upload
imgur
45-70Ag
AG
TheVarian
AG
45-70Ag
AG
That's it
Jeez, posting that might been the most difficult thing I've tried in several days
TheVarian
AG
If you copy and paste the link, just delete everything back until you get to the .JPG portion
Towns03
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Damn you photobucket!! Hold on I'll figure something out.

Happy A4th of July!!!

good lookin'. I'm a big fanboy of the grab handle sights and fixed stock.

Now, tell me something about that bayonet-

BenderRodriguez
AG
Bayonet is an OKC3S.

Big fan.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
Link

Approximate internal dimensions (L x W x H): 25" x 13" x 6"
This should hold a 16" Carbine broken down?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

Link

Approximate internal dimensions (L x W x H): 25" x 13" x 6"
This should hold a 16" Carbine broken down?
Depends on optics... if you have a tall optic setup, 13" may not be quite enough. Flip up sight and you probably could make it work.
CTGilley
AG
I am not near one to measure at the moment but at 6" you may be able to place the vertical (optic up).

Maybe?
maverick2076
CharlieBrown17 said:

Appreciate it man. Just let me know.

Send an email to my username at yahoo with your address. I won't get to mail it until I get back from Fort Lee but I've got one.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Email sent
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
With the talk of carry handles where can you find a true A2 upper with a built in ha del rather than the screw on version.

I'd like to make a 10" A2 clone down the road.
CharlieBrown17
AG
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/upper-receivers/carry-handle-upper-receiver-223-5-56-prod4796.aspx

200 from Brownells, Nodak Spud has them for 185 and a six month lead time according to their website

Don't spend too much time on the Nodak website if you're into old school ARs, they have some high dollar forgings of old style AR parts.
BenderRodriguez
AG
cpsencik04 said:

With the talk of carry handles where can you find a true A2 upper with a built in ha del rather than the screw on version.

I'd like to make a 10" A2 clone down the road.

If you're going to go fixed, go A1 and build a 733 clone.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Nah, I want to do a full size, fixed stock clone with the carry handle and front fixed sight.

I'm currently working on a mk18(ish) clone pistol to fill my "sbr" bug.
BenderRodriguez
AG
So, uh....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/716887_Badazzar15-is-a-Wizard-.html
BreNayPop
AG
I looked at that pic and thought, wtf...

Then read the link and yeah.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.