Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bender's Big AR-15 & Semi Auto Shilling Thread

499,116 Views | 2919 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by robstrom
nealan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I put a Geisselle SSA in my last build. Really Nice! My next one will probably be a SSA-E though. It's a tad lighter
Mateo84
AG
Short of having a buddy with one of these triggers in their rifle, how can you test out one of these higher end triggers without plunking down the cash and ordering one?
Van Buren Boy
AG
Runner runner in McKinney has a bunch you can try if you're in DFW
Ulysses90
AG
Quote:

Short of having a buddy with one of these triggers in their rifle, how can you test out one of these higher end triggers without plunking down the cash and ordering one?
If you are lucky enough to catch Geissele at a trade show they have their entire product line mounted in blocks along with MilSpec triggers so you can feel exactly the differences between them for the set and break.

aggie_wes
AG
Trinity ordinance in Fort Worth has quite a few triggers in store that you can try, including the ALG.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Think I have my SBR build planned just time to wait on sales and see what I can grab used

BA 10.3 Hanson Barrel
Aero enhanced upper
Aero lower
Aero 9" Quantum M-Lok rail
Geisselle GRF trigger
Magpul MAID
Mission First Minimalist stock
BCM Gunfighter CH
Magpul MBUS

still need to pick a BCG but also don't really have a problem throwing a mil spec one in either. anything not listed will just be a mil spec part more likely than not. Will probably pick up a PA micro dot unless I get a steal on something else used.
BenderRodriguez
AG
The K grip is perfect for an SBR or pistol.

I liked it so much I'll probably throw one on my next 16" build, and maybe replace some other magpul grips with one too.

Naveronski
AG
How does its angle compare to the Bravo Company gunfighter grip? IIRC, both have a similar angle vs a traditional grip.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I remember looking into it before, I already run MIADs on everything so that was the thought there but I'll look into the K grip.

Does it have the storage like the MIAD? was planning on keep legal docs there.
230Ag
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Anybody have suggestions on triggers for a SBR build?

Right now I have a Rock River NM two stage and a G2S-E, thinking I'd rather a good single stage on the SBR.
geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD-3G) Trigger is SICK.
txyaloo
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

I remember looking into it before, I already run MIADs on everything so that was the thought there but I'll look into the K grip.

Does it have the storage like the MIAD? was planning on keep legal docs there.
You might take a look at the BCM grip. I picked one up for my last build and actually prefer it over the MIADs I have on my other builds. It has storage in the grip.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Quote:

geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun (SD-3G) Trigger is SICK.
the GRF is supposed to be the cheaper version of this. Except not flat. It uses a different way to retain the hammer and isn't laser engraved. Based on my personal experience with the G2S-E vs the SSA-E think I'm going to stick with the GRF

Quote:

You might take a look at the BCM grip. I picked one up for my last build and actually prefer it over the MIADs I have on my other builds. It has storage in the grip.

I'll look into that tomorrow
maverick2076
If you are looking for a new grip, check out MFT's Engage grip with interchangeable front and back straps. It's the only grip I use anymore.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Are you using the K or the K2?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Just looked at the MFT engage, I'm not really a fan of grips with molded in finger slots typically. I have wide hands and big palms and they just don't tend to fit me right.

ETA just saw that they make ones without the finger slots
maverick2076
CharlieBrown17 said:

Just looked at the MFT engage, I'm not really a fan of grips with molded in finger slots typically. I have wide hands and big palms and they just don't tend to fit me right.

ETA just saw that they make ones without the finger slots
http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/Products/Pistol-Grips/ENGAGE-AR15-M16-Pistol-Grip-with-interchangeable-straps

This is the one I recommend. It has 3 different sized backstraps you can change, as well as 3 front straps. One has finger grips, one has no finger grips, and one has a single finger grip similar to the standard AT grip.
BenderRodriguez
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Are you using the K or the K2?

K, and I don't think it has storage but I'd have to pull the gun out to check.

K2 is a little bigger, but with the same angle.

BenderRodriguez
AG
Naveronski said:

How does its angle compare to the Bravo Company gunfighter grip? IIRC, both have a similar angle vs a traditional grip.

I don't know, don't have the gunfighter grip on anything.

Really like the k grip on my 10.5" gun.

Thinking about throwing one on a 16" gun to see how I like it there.

CharlieBrown17
AG
BenderRodriguez said:

Naveronski said:

I don't know, don't have the gunfighter grip on anything.

Really like the k grip on my 10.5" gun.

Thinking about throwing one on a 16" gun to see how I like it there.

Sounds like we need to have an OB scary black gun range day
Van Buren Boy
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Think I have my SBR build planned just time to wait on sales and see what I can grab used

BA 10.3 Hanson Barrel
Aero enhanced upper
Aero lower
Aero 9" Quantum M-Lok rail
Geisselle GRF trigger
Magpul MAID
Mission First Minimalist stock
BCM Gunfighter CH
Magpul MBUS

still need to pick a BCG but also don't really have a problem throwing a mil spec one in either. anything not listed will just be a mil spec part more likely than not. Will probably pick up a PA micro dot unless I get a steal on something else used.

Just ordered an Aero enhanced upper last night from Monmouth reloading. Only $109
BenderRodriguez
AG
This is the 1,000th post of the thread.

Hope it has helped inform some people, and added some more of those evil black guns into freedom loving hands.

Picture of some freedom:

aggie4231
AG
How do you like the tavor?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Aero lower for $65

http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.aero-precsion-gen-2-stripped-lower-26-993
BenderRodriguez
AG
aggie4231 said:

How do you like the tavor?

It's good and bad.

Bad first...mostly typical bullpup problems:

Trigger is long and mushy. Geissele has upgrade options that are supposed to be pretty good though.
Reloads like all bullpups are not as easy/quick as a traditional AR
No great way stock to mount a light that is easy to access, though aftermarket does have some options
No way to adjust length of pull. It either fits you...or it doesn't.
Slightly heavier than a comparable AR

The good:

It's a 16" gun that is the same size as a 10.5" AR without the tax stamp
It fits in a tennis raquet bag
Balances really well, easy to hold up/shoot even one handed
fun to shoot

Naveronski
AG
Gassy as **** with a can.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Question for folks with Aero M4E1 enhanced uppers. I just bought one online from Monmouth reloading on sale for $110. Upper looks good but there no marks on it at all. I figured there would be a little "A" somewhere. It did come in an aero box but that was it. Can some confirm if there are any trademarks somewhere on the upper?
GeeBee
AG
Is that forges or Billet?

Cheaper Mil.Spec forged ones are usually not branded. I have only noticed the forge marks. You can google "AR Upper Forge markings" and find a list of what forge it came out of. Some swear there's a difference...I'm thinking they are all Mil-Spec...probably no difference
CharlieBrown17
AG
The aero enhanced upper isn't just mil spec. It has a built in barrel nut for their rails
Van Buren Boy
AG
It's Forged. It's fits well on an Anderson lower but the color is kinda off. Still trying to find anyone who has Aero lowers in stock

Thanks!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

It's Forged. It's fits well on an Anderson lower but the color is kinda off. Still trying to find anyone who has Aero lowers in stock

Thanks!
Anodization will change from company to company and even metal to metal. You're good.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Thanks Eyeguy.
Aggietaco
AG
Not to mention the finish on the sara jessica parker lowers isn't that great.

I have an M4E1 at home I can check tonight.
txyaloo
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Van Buren Boy said:

Thanks!
Anodization will change from company to company and even metal to metal. You're good.
And even batch to batch.

The FDE gun I posted earlier is an Aero upper/lower. The FDE is a different tone between them. The lower was bought ~3 years ago and the upper ~3 months ago.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Gotcha. I guess fit is most important. This will be for an SBR so I wanted a "better" lower than an Anderson but oh well. Need to get the process started asap
txyaloo
AG
PA has 30rd mags on sale for $8 each

http://www.primaryarms.com/SaleName+Troy-30rd-Battle-Mags

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.