Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bender's Big AR-15 & Semi Auto Shilling Thread

499,171 Views | 2919 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by robstrom
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MTxTwelve
quote:
quote:
Not sure if real or you're Barnes....
At least the photo is from his own Instagram and AR15.com accounts.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Post to get off the unlucky number
dubi
AG
Dude owns more guns than he has posts on Texags! Damn!

Blue Parachute award!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
So back to form 1 questions:

If I remove the wife from the trust, get fingerprinted and pictures, submit paperwork with just me on it and then change it all back after submitting, all is fine and dandy?

Will it impact my wife's ability to have possession of the SBR?
maverick2076
Yes to your first question and no to your second. You'll be fine. .
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thanks!

Second question:

Who has been fingerprinted in the Houston area? Or is there a way to find places that will do ATF fingerprinting and it is accepted or official?
dubi
AG
quote:
Who has been fingerprinted in the Houston area? Or is there a way to find places that will do ATF fingerprinting and it is accepted or official?
https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/pages/applicantfingerprintservices.htm
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thank you!
txyaloo
AG
quote:
Thank you!
Many police and sheriff departments will do it too.

You can also roll your own if you feel comfortable doing so.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:

Blue Parachute award!

*checks post count*

yeah, I'm no where close.

Maybe if I hit the lottery.

dubi
AG
quote:
quote:

Blue Parachute award!

*checks post count*

Referencing MTxTwelve.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Blue Parachute award!

*checks post count*

Referencing MTxTwelve.

I'm aware. I was just seeing what my own gun/post ratio was.
BenderRodriguez
AG
If anyone is looking for a D60, this is about the cheapest price I've seen on them so far.

Magpul D60 for $99

Mr. Dubi
quote:
If anyone is looking for a D60, this is about the cheapest price I've seen on them so far.

Magpul D60 for $99

It's kind if tacticool, but 40 rd pmags are less that $20. That's where I put my money-- kind of, mostly I use 30 rd window pmags...
MTxTwelve
You know how I said I was done with ARs for a while? Apparently I'm not

It's a disease
dr_boogs
AG
Bender, Puryear, or other folks that are very savvy w suppressors, I would be grateful for some advice off the board regarding both POI and major accuracy issues with a suppressor I recently had installed on a 223 Wylde 16 inch AR. Too much to get in to on this thread. Nine seven nine 2 one 9 twenty-seven thirty. A quick text to exchange a few emails would be great, I'm stumped and need some advice and a reference for a suppressor 'smith who knows their stuff in the middle to north Houston area. Thanks!
Puryear Playboy
AG
Have several of the D60s that MagPul gave me and I love those things. Filled more than one full of water and it ran. Dirty water and it ran. Upside down...it ran.

It has a hard time keeping up on full auto, but short of packing it full of mud, they work.

I like 40's also. But....you can't get prone with a 40. And the length just gets in the way sometimes.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
quote:

Magpul D60 for $99

It's kind if tacticool, but 40 rd pmags are less that $20. That's where I put my money-- kind of, mostly I use 30 rd window pmags...
If you're going to go tacticool, you need to go 100% tacticool w/100rd drums!

ttha_aggie_09
AG
How much does the 100round weigh?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Update on fingerprinting for form 1:

Multiple municipalities will no longer fingerprint...

Rosenberg Police Department
Katy Police Department

Fulshear Police Department, maybe... You have to setup an appointment and only two officers can do it, according to the lady on the phone.

Katy and Richmond directed me to the following:

https://uenroll.identogo.com/#/workflows/1111G2/locator/location

And have an appointment setup this week at $25.00. Not sure if that's nominal or per card. I ordered another 6 cards just in case it's a flat rate.
txyaloo
AG
quote:
How much does the 100round weigh?
Nearly 5lbs. Extremely fun for full auto mag dumps. Ridiculous for any normal use unless you're heavily conditioned to carry that weight.
BenderRodriguez
AG
Just saw this. If you still have questions you can email me at g3kcz75@gmail.com...not sure how much help I'll be but I can try.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:

I like 40's also. But....you can't get prone with a 40. And the length just gets in the way sometimes.

Yep. 40s are fun, but long. Curious to see how a 60 round drum shorter than a 30 does.

Also, might be the motivation I need to jump into the world of bump saws.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I'll have to admit, bump stocks look pretty sweet but I am curious if they're something that you're average AR can handle?

BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
I'll have to admit, bump stocks look pretty sweet but I am curious if they're something that you're average AR can handle?

Start here and get to reading.

Yes, you'll go through ammo and barrels faster...and other parts will wear faster too. But if you're building specifically to bump with, it seems pretty easy to make a good one. Just don't buy a super nice barrel for it.

There are guys who have been messing with these for a while who are making repeatable hits at 250 with them, some have them running up to 1400 rpm and a lot of people who have them running pretty well. I kind of laughed at the whole concept early on, but after watching what some of these guys can do with them they seem to be a pretty interesting alternative to the thousands and thousands it takes to get into the full auto game legally.

Some of them are even making their bump-saws look an awful lot like a regular old SAW.

Video of the 1400 rpm run with a 60 round surefire:

youtube video

ttha_aggie_09
AG
So awesome!

Couple of problems though:

Where in Houston area can you actually shoot it?
Ammo bill would suck - but it would probably be worth it
No practical purpose whatsoever

Would be an interesting new build though.

Thanks for the feedback! As always, your knowledge is greatly appreciated.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
So awesome!

Couple of problems though:

Where in Houston area can you actually shoot it?
Ammo bill would suck - but it would probably be worth it
No practical purpose whatsoever

Would be an interesting new build though.

Thanks for the feedback! As always, your knowledge is greatly appreciated.
I don't know Houston well but any range that allows full auto should allow bump fire.

Ammo bill would suck. A lot.

Practical purpose? Yeah, well....got me there. Fun is practical......and highlighting just how stupid our laws are is always a practical purpose to me. I put bumpfire stocks in the same category as the Sig arm braces on that front.

I've been tempted to build one just as a "ha ha, look what I can do" thing every once and a while, but the "you should build something more useful" argument has won out every time.....so far.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
You should build one! F useful
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:
You should build one! F useful

I've been enjoying them vicariously through others building them. Can't believe the guy that got his to run 1400 rpm...that's insane. The famous MG42 only had a ROF of ~1,200.

But I already know what my build is, and it isn't a bump saw.

TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Brazos River Sportsman out in fulshear
ttha_aggie_09
AG
That's where y'all go, right?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
That's where y'all go, right?
Yep. Full auto, tannerite, he's pretty laid back
BigPuma
AG
quote:
Update on fingerprinting for form 1:

Multiple municipalities will no longer fingerprint...

Rosenberg Police Department
Katy Police Department

Fulshear Police Department, maybe... You have to setup an appointment and only two officers can do it, according to the lady on the phone.

Katy and Richmond directed me to the following:

https://uenroll.identogo.com/#/workflows/1111G2/locator/location

And have an appointment setup this week at $25.00. Not sure if that's nominal or per card. I ordered another 6 cards just in case it's a flat rate.
damn, i was hoping I could go around the corner to the Katy PD whenever i get around to doing another one.
BenderRodriguez
AG
quote:

I have 40s as well, and like them okay. 40s extend 6.5" from the mag well, 30s extend 4.5", and the D60 only 4.25". The other PMags are all slightly less than 1" thick, and the D60 is about 4" wide.

D60 is heavier, but shorter. Easier to go prone with, by far. 40s tend to get in the way if you want to shoot prone or move around much.

I can see advantages/disadvantages for both. 30s are best, but the 60 is another nice option for certain things, just like the 40s and 20s are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.