Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

293,514 Views | 2678 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by TexAgs91
BlueTaze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
will25u said:

More:

Translation: TWTR BoD now weighing their golden parachutes vs being black listed by deep state.
Clown Baby
BlueTaze said:

will25u said:

More:

Translation: TWTR BoD now weighing their golden parachutes vs being black listed by deep state.

Also, the better the offer gets the more likely it is they get sued if they keep their head in the sand.
will25u
hph6203
AG
Well outside my knowledge base. Expounding on it any further would be like someone suggesting that we're going to have 15% mortgage interest rates next year. I'll leave it up to the lawyers to discuss the ramifications of international law.
ravingfans
AG
YouBet said:

hph6203 said:

aggie93 said:

Squadron7 said:

aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

The first "More Tweets" I see after the shadow ban tweet..

Twitter is a sewer.
Yes, Elon needs to be all class like the leftists are. I'm sure they will miss this guy kind of like the folks who won't fly because they lifted mask mandates.

From this O'Sullivan guy's bio page:

"Resister | Sports Nut | Music Lover"

Got that all you Right Wings Crazies??? I'm a ReSiStEr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um, last I checked the Dems controlled the Presidency and both Houses. What's he resisting exactly?
It's his role play with Bill Gates. Bill Gates pretends to be a sexual predator and he pretends to resist.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was. He essentially had an open marriage.

True, but he forgot to clue his wife, Melinda in on the open part of their marriage. Once all of the Epstein island stuff started coming out and she started learning about his exploits, they separated and she divorced him.
YouBet
AG
ravingfans said:

YouBet said:

hph6203 said:

aggie93 said:

Squadron7 said:

aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.
Yes, Elon needs to be all class like the leftists are. I'm sure they will miss this guy kind of like the folks who won't fly because they lifted mask mandates.

Um, last I checked the Dems controlled the Presidency and both Houses. What's he resisting exactly?
It's his role play with Bill Gates. Bill Gates pretends to be a sexual predator and he pretends to resist.

True, but he forgot to clue his wife, Melinda in on the open part of their marriage. Once all of the Epstein island stuff started coming out and she started learning about his exploits, they separated and she divorced him.
She knew about it all along. Once the public found out is when she was forced to divorce him.
YouBet
AG
TacosaurusRex said:

hph6203 said:

Might be that, might be that he has clearly outlined that he's not joking around and has fully funded his bid.

I think with the EU you're going to see legal challenges that forces them to define how they determine what is and isn't misinformation and how misinformation one day becomes information the next. How they determine what is and isn't hate speech and what's just uncomfortable truths. **** the EU.

It's really weird how a trade organization has moved into the censoring speech game

Lucas was prescient.

will25u
YNWA_AG
AG
hph6203
AG
The melt is going to be great. Genuinely can't believe he's pulling it off, thought the nut jobs would win.
Keegan99
AG
Business judgment rule gives a lot of latitude, but any shareholder litigation could conceivably get their hands on board emails, texts, etc. And I suspect that would reveal the board didn't have much of a business case for turning down Elon's very attractive offer.

It also doesn't help that the board collectively has almost no ownership stake. That's a bad look.

My wild-ass guess is a board member (or several) talked to their own attorney and realized they were personally in a very tough spot.
Guardian Angel
AG
ravingfans said:

YouBet said:

hph6203 said:

aggie93 said:

Squadron7 said:

aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.

They learned from Enron.

Lou Pai has been the blueprint for Bezos, Gates, etc for the divorces lately IMO
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
AggiEE
Elon has a religious cult around his companies

Shareholders on Twitter should want him to take control, it probably means the stock will go up in a huge multiple due to his popularity amongst meme investors
Ag_of_08
AG
He intends to take it private I believe.
Dad
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

He intends to take it private I believe.

Yeah, but if he does what we think he will do he probably can go public again later and make a bunch of profit and still control it.
Ag_of_08
AG
Depends on how much he wants to stand on free speech principles. He claims to be doing this to expand free speech...

Elon is weird, you never know what he really has planned
Foreverconservative
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Faustus
Good for Elon.
ravingfans
AG
Faustus said:

Good for Elon.

Good for 'Merica!
Counterpoint
AG
How will this affect Truth Social if it goes through?

will25u
Foreverconservative
Counterpoint said:

RIP
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
nortex97
AG

Who was the poster who declared Musk would never have a seat on the Twitter board, then admitted they were wrong, then claimed they were right the whole time?
No Spin Ag
Counterpoint said:

What's Truth Social?
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
No Spin Ag
ravingfans said:

Faustus said:

Good for Elon.

Good for 'Merica!

Better for shareholders.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Agthatbuilds
https://www.wsj.com/articles/twitter-re-examines-elon-musks-bid-may-be-more-receptive-to-a-deal-11650822932?mod=e2tw
gig em 02
will25u said:

This Elon/Twitter thing has really highlighted who should and should not be listened to regarding finance and economics.

This guy should not be listened to.
Aggie Jurist
AG
Quote:

Quote:

will25u said:

This Elon/Twitter thing has really highlighted who should and should not be listened to regarding finance and economics.

This guy should not be listened to.
not sure I follow. Sounds like he got this one right.
LGB
ProgN
Twitter shares jump 5% on reports that it's ready to accept Elon Musk's bid

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/twitter-shares-jump-5percent-on-reports-that-its-ready-to-accept-elon-musks-bid.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
No Spin Ag
ProgN said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/25/twitter-shares-jump-5percent-on-reports-that-its-ready-to-accept-elon-musks-bid.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Any chance this will pull up the rest of the market, a la rising tide?
Max Stonetrail
This tells me somewhere behind the scenes, the Swamp has figured out a way to continue to control the TWTR agenda. It may be through something like what the EU is doing with social media regulation. It also might have something to do with the electric vehicle market regulation as well.

They will not let this mega podium for their propaganda be taken away easily.
Foreverconservative
No Spin Ag said:

ProgN said:

Any chance this will pull up the rest of the market, a la rising tide?
Not for long he's taking it private
Proc92
Maybe regulators have hinted to the key board member and exec mgmt at blocking this deal and the board has cover to accept the deal.

Doubtful, but I think the swamp likes control over Twitter and still has a few cards to play.
will25u
No Spin Ag
will25u said:

I'm sure the Muslims in Saudi Arabia are thrilled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.