Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,918 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
BAP Enthusiast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
will25u said:

Yeah I don't believe this. When there are news and journalist accounts with 50 million followers that get no interactions while right wing pundits with a few hundred thousand followers get 50x the interactions, something is going on.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Sounds like he's wanting a better/more clear idea of what he's buying and how much he's paying per user.
WaltonAg18
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Sounds like he's wanting a better/more clear idea of what he's buying and how much he's paying per user.

Sounds like he's trying a variation of the classic pump and dump to get Tesla out of their deficit.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
hph6203
AG
What deficit? Tesla is printing cash.
Rockdoc
AG
Anybody that doesn't want to know or check out exactly what he's buying, is an idiot. Wealthy people get wealthy by watching their dollars.
WaltonAg18
AG
Didn't they just send another recall out? Six figures this last time.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
bthotugigem05
AG
Recall via a software update, from what I understand. Tesla sends updates pretty frequently already.
Keegan99
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Yea, he's going to buy it. But he's doing due diligence. If it's revealed that Twitter fudged their numbers, he may try to retrade the deal, as he should.
TacosaurusRex
Keegan99 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Yea, he's going to buy it. But he's doing due diligence. If it's revealed that Twitter fudged their numbers, he may try to retrade the deal, as he should.

I'm calling it now, which won't come to a surprise for most, but Twitter absolutely pumped their numbers with engagement and "new" monthly users with bots. To the tune of millions, which is going to knock millions off the price.

SEC should be pretty interested at the point, but doubtful.
WolfCall
AG

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10814745/Musk-seen-hours-pausing-44B-Twitter-takeover.html
Quote:

'The bots are angry at being counted': Elon Musk says his team 'will do a random sample of 100 Twitter followers' to see how many are bots as he weighs proceeding with $44B takeover and exclusive photos show him hours before pausing deal

• Tesla CEO Elon Musk wants others to join in and check for spam accounts to see what they find after company reports less than 5% of daily users are fake
  • Musk was seen going to a dinner party at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Thursday evening, just hours before he put his Twitter acquisition on hold
  • Musk said he was still committed to the $44 billion purchase of the social media company pending his investigation
  • Former President Donald Trump was among many who speculated that Musk put the buyout on hold in the hopes of negotiating a better deal
  • Trump said it was 'ridiculous' for Musk to pay $54.20 per share and slammed the $1 billion break-up fee Musk would pay Twitter if the deal falls apart
  • Along with the break-up fee, Twitter could file a lawsuit against the world's richest man for a breach of contract
  • Twitter CEO and board member Parag Agrawal has insisted that he still expects the $44 billion acquisition of the company to close
By RONNY REYES and PAUL FARRELL and KEITH GRIFFITH FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 16:38 EDT, 13 May 2022 | UPDATED: 01:14 EDT, 14 May 2022
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

Really beginning to love this guy.
texagbeliever
will25u said:

Wondering if he is talking about TWTR purchase or the likely assault on TSLA's share price.
Premium
AG
texagbeliever said:

will25u said:

Wondering if he is talking about TWTR purchase or the likely assault on TSLA's share price.

Both I'm sure
will25u

TacosaurusRex
Parag is definitely out of the job if this goes through.
American Hardwood
AG
. . . said:

It's quite a thing to see a multi-billionaire that's so based.
. . .

*MUSK SAYS 'NO WAY' TO KNOW NUMBER OF BOTS ON TWITTER
*MUSK COMMENTS BY VIDEO TO `ALL IN SUMMIT' TECH CONFERENCE

*MUSK SAYS HIS LOWEST ESTIMATE OF TWITTER BOTS WOULD BE 20%

*MUSK ASKS RHETORICALLY, IS TWITTER POTENTIALLY 80%-90% BOTS

*MUSK SUGGESTS HE MIGHT VOTE REPUBLICAN NEXT TIME
*MUSK SAYS HE HAS TYPICALLY VOTED FOR DEMOCRATS

*MUSK SAYS DEMOCRATIC PARTY IS 'OVERLY CONTROLLED' BY UNIONS

*MUSK SAYS TWITTER `IS STILL REFUSING TO TELL US'
*MUSK STILL AWAITS `SOME SORT OF LOGICAL EXPLANATION' FOR BOTS

*MUSK: VIABLE TWITTER DEAL 'NOT OUT OF QUESTION' AT LOWER PRICE
*MUSK QUESTIONS TRUTH AND ACCURACY OF TWITTER'S PUBLIC FILINGS

*MUSK SAYS AT TIMES THERE NEEDS TO BE AN `ECONOMIC ENEMA'

*MUSK SAYS US IS PROBABLY IN A RECESSION THAT WILL GET WORSE
*MUSK SAYS US IS PROBABLY IN A RECESSION FOR 1 YEAR TO 18 MOS
*"8 or 9 rate hikes more"

*MUSK: BIDEN ADMIN 'DOESN'T HAVE THE DRIVE' TO GET STUFF DONE
*MUSK SAYS TRUMP ADMIN HAD OFFICIALS WHO ACCOMPLISHED MORE
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
MUSK SAYS....
Sarge 91
AG
TacosaurusRex said:

Keegan99 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

I'm calling it now, which won't come to a surprise for most, but Twitter absolutely pumped their numbers with engagement and "new" monthly users with bots. To the tune of millions, which is going to knock millions off the price.

SEC should be pretty interested at the point, but doubtful.
I would imagine that the advertisers who paid fees based upon the size of the audience would be interested. And may have claims/lawsuits against Twitter for fraud.
bthotugigem05
AG
He's either going to buy it or destroy it.
WHOOP!'91
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Or destroy it, then buy it at a far lower price.
nortex97
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Win-win.
aTm2004
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

What good is FU money of you don't have fun with it?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Just goes to show how poorly run it is.

Please do Facebook next.
Agthatbuilds
HTownAg98
Keegan99 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

He waived due diligence in order to get the board to agree to the deal. There are likely still some outs for him, but it won't be as easy if he was still in a due diligence phase.
Rockdoc
AG
I believe Elon knows exactly what he is doing and likely has plenty of legal help.
HTownAg98
I don't doubt that, but it seems insane to waive due diligence on a billion dollar deal regardless of what it is.
Keegan99
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Kudos to the young conservative gal braving the dating apps... And the dates... To get these recordings
Rockdoc
AG
HTownAg98 said:

I don't doubt that, but it seems insane to waive due diligence on a billion dollar deal regardless of what it is.

Well I'll have to assume he knows more than we do about what's going on. I'm sure you disagree.
fka ftc
He may have waived the deep dive on their books to get the deal done but I would suspect the language includes "I relied on the publicly available, audited financial statements and controls of management per their SEC filings" such and such. If he shows a material misrepresentation, I would think he walks keeping breakup fee and likely getting paid out by them.

The algorithms are what he would not be able to get his hands on yet (and be subject to the NDA).
Prosperdick
AG
Keegan99 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Kudos to the young conservative gal braving the dating apps... And the dates... To get these recordings
Just listened to it....working 4 hours a week and taking months off at a time for "mental health." Elon will explode when he hears that stuff, especially considering this work ethic.

It's also amazing how flippant and glib that guy was talking about communism and how pervasive it was at twitter...wow.
hph6203
AG
I really hope he means that he only went into the office 4 hours a week and not just work only 4 hours a week. That's disgusting.
agent-maroon
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Here's hoping that every rotating object in his life suddenly becomes "balanced" in the same manner as the left vs right speech on twitter
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.