Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,927 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
itsyourboypookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Couldn't the Twitter employee just take that off Twitter
Willie_Mac
AG
Rockdoc said:

I believe Elon knows exactly what he is doing and likely has plenty of legal help.

Elon cashed out 10% of his Tesla shares in November 2021. Part of it all was to pay taxes on options (his salary basically).

But he also kept a few billions in cash to fund other projects. One of these projects is a case against the SEC for helping short sellers. Musk hired aces in the legal profession, including ex-SEC guys. Musk explicitly said he is building a case vs SEC. Remember the SEC put a gag order on him. Musk alleges this gag order violated 1st amendment.

The TWTR deal is pro free speech, anti Woke, anti SEC, all rolled into one. He is destroying TWTR management and the Woke propaganda machine on its own platform.
aTm2004
AG
I love when billionaires hold grudges and start to make it right. Here's a great podcast about Musk's former business parnter, Peter Thiel and his grudge.

Peter Thiel plays the long game
Sea Speed
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

That ending is freaking awesome

Ho-lee ***** That is perfect. The way the dude was looking at him when he said you're lucky that you met me organically is absolutely perfect.
evan_aggie
AG
Is he not going to get fired with or without Elon's potential ownership?
BusterAg
AG
Thanks! I'm bad at dropping jargon.
aggiehawg
AG
BusterAg said:

Thanks! I'm bad at dropping jargon.
You're welcome. The acronym for Sarbanes Oxley is SOX.
American Hardwood
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

That ending is freaking awesome
This may be the most definitive moment of being pwned I have ever seen.
will25u
Here they come.

Sea Speed
AG
Hey look, here's my dick. Want a horse?
Eso si, Que es
will25u said:

Here they come.

Most of those agreements come with a non disclosure. Wonder who is paying for her imminent lawsuit?
Whirligigs
Elon musk has to be from the future
agent-maroon
AG
Sea Speed said:

I can't tell you how many times that line worked for me back in the day...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
will25u
Seems relevant.

Funky Winkerbean
AG
will25u said:

Seems relevant.

I've developed a man crush.
redline248
AG
elongate lmao
Waffledynamics
AG
This crap is so formulaic.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/woman-makes-sexual-misconduct-claim-against-elon-musk

Quote:

Woman Makes Sexual Misconduct Claim Against Elon Musk
samurai_science
Musk said that there was "a lot more to this story" and that if he "were inclined to engage in sexual harassment, this is unlikely to be the first time in my entire 30-year career that it comes to light."

Musk said that the story was a "politically motivated hit piece."

Musk has warned repeatedly on Twitter in recent days that "political attacks on me will escalate dramatically in coming months" in response to him buying Twitter. "Watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold," Musk added.
Tailgate88
AG
Sea Speed said:

You win the Internet today, sir.
D-Fens
So who does SpaceX charter with to get masseuse flight attendants?....asking for DeShawn Watson.
txaggie05
AG
Business Insider is all I needed to see. This is nothing. Same crap they tried to pull on Portnoy.
YNWA_AG
AG

will25u
pluto29
Musk's Free Speech Takeover of Twitter Won't Necessarily Mean Freer Speech

Quote:

Quote:
On March 25, Elon Musk tweeted "Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy. Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?" Musk then bought the platform to implement changes that will purportedly transform the platform into a free speech haven. However, the "free speech" changes Musk proposes may not promote freer speech on the platform, and may actually undermine it.

Musk proposes sharply limiting content moderation, saying Twitter should only concern itself with taking down content that is illegal. According to Musk, "if people want less free speech, they will ask the government to pass laws to that effect. Therefore, going beyond the law is contrary to the will of the people." This means that obscene or harassing content posted on Twitter would be left up, as long as the speech is legal in a user's country.

Yet only "following the law" can turn Twitter into a cesspool of offensive but legal content. The conservative social media sites Parler and Gettr, for example, initially promised to only moderate speech that violated United States law. The platforms were promptly overrun by so much obscene, violent, and racist content content that is legal in the United States that they became practically unusable for the average person. Though some users liked being able to post extremely offensive content, many others were put off from using Parler and Gettr, limiting the exercise of free speech to an exceptional few. This could happen on Twitter, too. A platform unusable for the majority of people is hardly one capable of achieving its "societal imperative" to host free, inclusive discourse worldwide.
Musk's Free Speech Takeover of Twitter Won't Necessarily Mean Freer Speech | Cato Institute
pluto29
Faustus
Trump thinks Elon's prospective purchase of "crummy phony account loaded company, FakeTwitter" is probably illegal. Time isn't healing all wounds here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10838909/Trump-says-Elon-Musks-takeover-Twitter-probably-illegal.html

Quote:

Donald Trump has lashed out at Elon Musk, calling the billionaire's $44 billion Twitter takeover 'probably illegal' in a post on his own competing social media network, Truth Social.

In his post on Friday, Trump slammed Musk, claiming that he had lied when he said that he had previously voted Democrat but was switching his allegiance to the Republican Party.
. . .
'Gee, Elon Musk never told me that until now he only voted for Democrats. Actually, it was quite the contrary,' wrote Trump in his Truth Social post.
. . .
He continued: 'But now it seems, with all of his problems with a probably illegal purchase of a crummy phony account loaded company, Fake Twitter, he wants to be a Republican because the Dems are a 'Party of hate."

'I could have told him that a long time ago, but actually they are a Party of sickness, greed, corruption & absolute horrible policy,' added Trump. 'Good luck Elon, have fun!!!'

Trump did not explain what element of Musk's Twitter bid, which was accepted by the company's board in a legally binding contract, might be 'illegal'.
. . .
Truth Social had been billed as the conservative alternative to Twitter, and in appearance and function the two sites are extremely similar.

Musk on Friday jetted to Brazil for a meeting with the country's controversial President Jair Bolsonaro while mired in a new sex scandal.

Musk, who denied paying off a private jet flight-attendant for exposing himself to her, flew to Sao Paolo Friday to discuss illegal deforestation of the rain forest and rural internet connectivity in Brazil.
. . .

will25u
Kenneth_2003
AG
Fruit and nuts...

So they're all California hires?
BMX Bandit
Illegal purchase???

Is Elon going to be arrested alongside Hillary??
texagbeliever
I wouldn't read much into Trump calling it "probably illegal". That line got his post in the media. The main game was to keep Elon's party switch in the news.
richardag
will25u said:

Here they come.

Dear Doge please don't use Business Insider as a source
Business Insider corrupt

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Blodget

Please don't use Business Insider as a reference. The CEO is a corrupt manipulative criminal. Not a reliable source of any information.

From Wikipedia:
Due to his violations of securities laws and subsequent civil trial conviction, Blodget is permanently banned from involvement in the securities industry.[2] Blodget is the CEO of Business Insider.

In 2002, then New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer published Merrill Lynch e-mails in which Blodget gave assessments about stocks which conflicted with what was publicly published.[6] In 2003, he was charged with civil securities fraud by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.[7] He agreed to a permanent ban from the securities industry and paid a $2 million fine plus a $2 million disgorgement.[2]
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Malachi Constant
AG
Honestly, doesn't $250k seem a little bit low for something that is allegedly this big?

$250k sounds like money to "get rid of a nuisance."
Something like $2.5M sounds like "sorry for what I did, sign this NDA and let's forget it."
aTm2004
AG
Call me crazy, but I'd let some dude whip out his loaded light switch and show me for $250k.
richardag
President Trump needs to back off the rhetoric.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
hph6203
AG
That's like asking the sun not to rise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.