Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,913 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Retired FBI Agent said:

Dr. Patel coming in hot.

Lot of innuendo in this post. What Patel is saying that at $69 it would be more mutually beneficiating fellating.

Elon is the one who came in hot, coming up on Twitter's six. And not even the courtesy of... okay, moving on.
Tanya 93
Rockdoc said:

Boy the liberals on f16 are really unhappy about this development. Kinda telling.

I actually I think it is awesome.

Free speech is a fundamental thing.
And I am glad he is using his wealth to attempt to restore free speech on twitter.

Marcus Brutus
That is totally different. Company valuation is a whole lot easier to ascertain. Its what happens when any company is sold to a buyer. Twitter is a turd! Always had been.
Rockdoc
AG
chase128 said:

Have they even said anything? Seems awfully quiet today

They have. You can tell by what they're posting.
will25u
Sea Speed
AG
Damn! Taking on SA
Rockdoc
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Rockdoc said:

Boy the liberals on f16 are really unhappy about this development. Kinda telling.

I actually I think it is awesome.

Free speech is a fundamental thing.
And I am glad he is using his wealth to attempt to restore free speech on twitter.

I think it's awesome too. I just don't think it will happen.
fka ftc
Marcus Brutus said:

That is totally different. Company valuation is a whole lot easier to ascertain. Its what happens when any company is sold to a buyer. Twitter is a turd! Always had been.
Twitter valuation is calculated to the exact penny. That being $54.50 per share. Nothing more, nothing less.

There is an offer on the table to buy all shares, 100%, for $54.40 per share. Until there is another offer on the table for all shares or Elon withdraws his offer, then Twitter is worth $54.50 per share.

How much something is worth is a point in time valuation based solely on what someone else is willing to buy it for at that moment. Everything else is just a guess.
will25u

GeorgiAg
AG
Twitter unregulated will be trash. Have you ever been to 4chan/politically incorrect? Basically every other word is the n word and almost all threads bash the jews.
Tanya 93
GeorgiAg said:

Twitter unregulated will be trash. Have you ever been to 4chan/politically incorrect? Basically every other word is the n word and almost all threads bash the jews.

Then you don't go there.

I have never been to 4chan.

Kinda simple
will25u
GeorgiAg said:

That my friend is EASILY fixed....

MUTE/IGNORE button.
Only follow people you are interested in seeing what they tweet.

Easy.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Than stay on the sidelines.
BCSWguru
glad to see Tuberville still embracing Tech in his username
Rockdoc
AG
Free speech is not trash. What Twitter is NOW is trash.
will25u
sharpdressedman
texagbeliever said:

sharpdressedman said:

will25u said:

Elon Musk: "My strong intuitive sense is that having a public platform that is maximally trusted and broadly inclusive is extremely important to the future of civilization. I don't care about the economics at all."
This is a statement reflecting ultimate commitment to a cause.

I agree with others here who believe EM will succeed, whether via the success of his offer or a hostile takeover.

However, I perceive the largest impediment to his acquisition is the leftist government infrastructure (IRS, SEC, DOJ) that is sufficiently powerful to create whatever obstacles are necessary to block him.

There is a public perception limit here though. Musk is appealing to moderates. Attacking him is a losing political position, especially for a democratic party there is very dependent on 20s&30s for gotv efforts.
Excellent point. I hope it becomes a compelling source of support for the acquisition.
BAP Enthusiast
GeorgiAg said:

Yes but there are also thousands of daily slide threads about one race *******ing another race. Everyone ****s on everyone there. That's what makes it great.

4chan don't care what race you are, only that you are racist.
Biz Ag
AG
Tanya 93
I will say my 13 year old is obsessed with Elon Musk. His current essay topic in his English class is why he is the most important man in the 21st century.

And he isn't the only teen boy that is fascinated with him. Hear discussions on him at Scout meetings and read them on discord when my ass got kicked by 4 teen boys in Minecraft.

The left needs to be careful. Stuff like this could lose half of a generation. I don't even know what his generation is called.

Generation no tv?
GeorgiAg
AG
Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Then you don't go there.

Kinda simple
But sometimes 4chan is hilarious.
Tanya 93
GeorgiAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

GeorgiAg said:

Then you don't go there.

Kinda simple
But sometimes 4chan is hilarious.

Then you are making the choice to read the nword because it is funny
StoneCold99
AG
will25u said:

me seeing the free market working just as it should, scaring the cockroaches to death and backing them into an inescapable corner

Shooter McGavin
AG
Tanya 93 said:

I will say my 13 year old is obsessed with Elon Musk. His current essay topic in his English class is why he is the most important man in the 21st century.

And he isn't the only teen boy that is fascinated with him. Hear discussions on him at Scout meetings and read them on discord when my ass got kicked by 4 teen boys in Minecraft.

The left needs to be careful. Stuff like this could lose half of a generation. I don't even know what his generation is called.

Generation no tv?
I'm glad we were able to get Benny's take on Elon.

I was worried the thread would be incomplete.

What did Benny get in his lunch today?
will25u
I don't know how hostile takeovers really work in regards to the SEC. What basis would the SEC have issues with him acquiring Twitter?
TexAgs91
AG
TRM said:

aggiehawg said:

Goldman tripped over their d***s, again.
To be fair, Goldman is often wrong. They were surprised at the surge of inflation in 2021 expecting it to be at 2%
lol I should sell my prognosticating services to them
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
javajaws
AG
GeorgiAg said:

You think Twitter is doing a good job? Banning people for dissenting opinions and thought crimes the liberal left doesn't agree with?

Texags in general does a great job keeping this site decent while still allowing free discussion and differences of opinion. Twitter does not...but they could if they wanted.
will25u
TexAgs91
AG
Retired FBI Agent said:

Dr. Patel coming in hot.

America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
Tanya 93
TexAgs91 said:

Retired FBI Agent said:

Dr. Patel coming in hot.

That is awesome
GeorgiAg
AG
javajaws said:

GeorgiAg said:

You think Twitter is doing a good job? Banning people for dissenting opinions and thought crimes the liberal left doesn't agree with?

Texags in general does a great job keeping this site decent while still allowing free discussion and differences of opinion. Twitter does not...but they could if they wanted.
I agree, Twitter censors content based upon how they want the world to be, not just offensive or obscene posts.
BCSWguru
javajaws said:

GeorgiAg said:

You must never post on the aggieland board
TexAgs91
AG
Sea Speed said:

Damn! Taking on SA
And just a couple weeks after challenging Putin to a fight. The guy has some serious cajones.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
Keegan99
AG
Tuberville is a bit of a rube at times, but I do love that he straight up called 'em commies.
bthotugigem05
AG
Retired FBI Agent said:

Dr. Patel coming in hot.

I believe the offer expires 4/20 as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.