Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,930 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Project Veritas must have the hottest damn women (or men) on the planet working for them.

Their targets are a damn open book
tysker
AG
Newsflash: Boys are dumb
Mr President Elect
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

reminds me of this gem:

. . .
Quote:

Elon Musk slams Biden: 'The real president is whoever controls the teleprompter'

Tesla CEO Elon Musk, whose purchase of Twitter remains ongoing, slammed President Biden in a podcast interview Monday and warned that if the government continues printing money, inflation will get worse and the U.S. might follow the path of Venezuela.

Musk, who said he has voted "overwhelmingly for Democrats," slammed the Democratic Party and Biden in particular. He suggested that Biden is something of an empty suit.

"The real president is whoever controls the teleprompter," the Tesla CEO said. "The path to power is the path to the teleprompter."

"I do feel like if somebody were to accidentally lean on the teleprompter, it's going to be like Anchorman," the CEO added.

"This administration doesn't seem to get a lot done," Musk said. "The Trump administration, leaving Trump aside, there were a lot of people in the administration who were effective at getting things done."

The Tesla CEO also weighed in on Amazon founder Jeff Bezos's claim that the White House has resorted to "misdirection" in order to "muddy the topic" of inflation.

"I mean, the obvious reason for inflation is that the government printed a zillion amount of more money than it had, obviously," Musk said, echoing Republican critics who claim that Biden's American Rescue Plan COVID-19 relief stimulus bill contributed to the near-40-year-high inflation the U.S. experienced in April.

"So it's like the government can't just, you know, issue checks far in excess of revenue without there being inflation, you know, velocity of money held constant," the Tesla CEO argued. "If the federal government writes checks, they never bounce. So that is effectively creation of more dollars. And if there are more dollars created, then the increase in the goods and services across the economy, then you have inflation, again, velocity of money held constant."

Musk insisted that "this is just very basic" and "not like, you know, super complicated."

"If the government could just issue massive amounts of money and deficits didn't matter, then, well, why don't we just make the deficit 100 times bigger? The answer is, you can't because it will basically turn the dollar into something that is worthless," he noted.

"Various countries have tried this experiment multiple times," Musk noted. "Have you seen Venezuela? Like the poor, poor people of Venezuela are, you know, have been just run roughshod by their government."

"So obviously you can't simply create money," Musk said. He emphasized "the true economy," by which he meant "the output of goods and services," as opposed to mere money.

U.S. inflation rose 8.3% in April, slightly below the 8.5% jump in March but still near the 40-year-high.

Musk addressed his purchase of Twitter, restating his belief in the need for an unbiased "public town square."

"I think there's a need for a public town square, digital town square that where people can debate issues of all kinds, including the most substantive issues," he said. In order for that to work, the platform needs to be "as broadly inclusive as possible" and it needs to feel "balanced from a political standpoint," that is "not biased one way or the other."

"The reality is that Twitter, at this point, has a very far left bias," Musk said. "And I would trust myself as a moderate and neither Republican or Democrat."

Musk also lamented the decline of the state of California. He said the Golden State was once "the land of opportunity" but it has become the land of "taxes, overregulation, and litigation." He said, "There's got to be like a serious cleaning out of the pipes in California."

He insisted that "there's got to be an above zero percent chance of Republicans winning in California."
Swollen Thumb
AG
Elon.....check mate. He has them over the barrel. He knows the bot count is crazy high. Heck, Jack probably tipped him off. If that's the case, then there are no good options for TWTR BoD. If they share info, then it's fraud with potential civil and criminal implications. If they don't share it, then he walks (likely without penalty), they are still basically exposed, stock tanks and suits abound. Any suit brings discovery. They do not want that. He has them trapped and it's glorious.
YNWA_AG
AG
Jock 07
AG
YNWA_AG said:

'If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."
aezmvp
Swollen Thumb said:

Elon.....check mate. He has them over the barrel. He knows the bot count is crazy high. Heck, Jack probably tipped him off. If that's the case, then there are no good options for TWTR BoD. If they share info, then it's fraud with potential civil and criminal implications. If they don't share it, then he walks (likely without penalty), they are still basically exposed, stock tanks and suits abound. Any suit brings discovery. They do not want that. He has them trapped and it's glorious.
They're going to get absolutely destroyed by shareholder lawsuits. It appears Dorsey is torching Twitter. May be able to come back and buy it MUCH cheaper.
Jock 07
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Also, the collective tesla driver tears will be so satisfying when this happens.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
not sure what happened to the dead internet link but that is one of the creppiest and most easily believable conspiracy theories I've ever seen.
Tailgate88
AG

I still had it open in a tab.
Keegan99
AG
Dorsey?
smstork1007
AG
Jack Dorsey, co-founder and x CEO of TWTR
aggiehawg
AG
aezmvp said:

Swollen Thumb said:

They're going to get absolutely destroyed by shareholder lawsuits. It appears Dorsey is torching Twitter. May be able to come back and buy it MUCH cheaper.
Advertisers too.
Keegan99
AG
smstork1007 said:

Yes, I know who he is.

I was curious how "It appears Dorsey is torching Twitter."
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I did too, I watched it and part 2 and 3...just weird it was on this thread I though and disappeared
hph6203
AG
He's been trashing the Twitter board a bit.

I read the book on Twitter and it seems to have been fairly dysfunctional/directionless for a long time. None of their CEOs have been very decisive and the board has kind of walked all over them.
smstork1007
AG
Was just responding to your one word/name response with a question mark, not sure what else i could take from that.
Keegan99
AG
The post I was responding to:

Quote:

Context.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Keegan99 said:

smstork1007 said:

Yes, I know who he is.

He stepped aside as CEO a while back and then more recently left the BoD. It is broadly assumed that he was basically pushed out by those who's main interest have become more political in nature. He has made various subtle comments about being uneasy about the direction things have gone as far as censorship "fact checking", banning, etc.

So there is speculation that he is at the very least supportive of Elon's bid to buy the company and return it to what it was intended to be.....or perhaps even more involved behind the scenes with Elon as far as telling him where the bot bodies are buried. Just speculation of course.

Keegan99
AG
Yea, I get that, but I'm not sure I would call that "torching"?
. . .
Quote:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/17/half-of-joe-bidens-twitter-followers-are-fake-audit-reveals/

At least half of President Biden's 22.2 million Twitter followers are bogus, a new audit revealed.

The audit, which was done for the social media giant by software firm SparkToro, found that 49.3% of the president's followers are "fake followers".

SparkToro has defined "fake followers" as "accounts that are unreachable and will not see the account's tweets (either because they're spam, bots, propaganda, etc. or because they're no longer active on Twitter)."

SparkToro used the same audit on Musk himself and found that nearly 70.2% of Musk's 93.3 million Twitter followers were fake.
Boo Weekley
Swollen Thumb said:

Keegan99 said:

smstork1007 said:

Yes, I know who he is.

He stepped aside as CEO a while back and then more recently left the BoD. It is broadly assumed that he was basically pushed out by those who's main interest have become more political in nature. He has made various subtle comments about being uneasy about the direction things have gone as far as censorship "fact checking", banning, etc.

So there is speculation that he is at the very least supportive of Elon's bid to buy the company and return it to what it was intended to be.....or perhaps even more involved behind the scenes with Elon as far as telling him where the bot bodies are buried. Just speculation of course.

Yeah but he sang high praises for this new free speech hating radical leftist tyrant (Parag something????) that recently took over and it seemed pretty genuine to me. Was that all fake??? Is he also not a fan of that Vijaya loser chick that he seems to be besties with?

F Jack. He is leftist garbage with a god complex. He probably just got out because he knew Twitter might be in trouble.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Swollen Thumb said:

Keegan99 said:

smstork1007 said:

Yes, I know who he is.

Yeah but he sang high praises for this new free speech hating radical leftist tyrant (Parag something????) that recently took over and it seemed pretty genuine to me. Was that all fake??? Is he also not a fan of that Vijaya loser chick that he seems to be besties with?

F Jack. He is leftist garbage with a god complex. He probably just got out because he knew Twitter might be in trouble.
I was just trying to answer the question...I wasn't the one who posted the original comment. I don't think JD is actually in cahoots with Elon. I do think he was getting a little uncomfortable with how far some of the censorship was being taken, but that was a monster of his own making to an extent, so yeah....FJD.
Showertime at the Bidens
Swollen Thumb said:

Keegan99 said:

smstork1007 said:

Yes, I know who he is.

Yep, I would think Elon has a lot of inside knowledge about Twitter. Brilliant 4D chess offering such a high price they couldn't refuse for the opportunity to expose the fraud.

hph6203
AG
Wonder if they'd label my account as fake. No tweets and only follow a couple of people and only check it every once in awhile. Mostly to see what wild ass thing Elon has said.
BusterAg
AG
We talked about the user base counts being off by like 5% a month or so ago, and said that if it was material, that would likely be prison time for someone.

25% is material.

This is a blatant Sarbox violation. If the company did not have adequate internal controls to stop spam accounts, and this was not disclosed to investors, the CEO and the CFO should go to jail, according to the law.
aggiehawg
AG
BusterAg said:

We talked about the user base counts being off by like 5% a month or so ago, and said that if it was material, that would likely be prison time for someone.

25% is material.

This is a blatant Sarbox violation. If the company did not have adequate internal controls to stop spam accounts, and this was not disclosed to investors, the CEO and the CFO should go to jail, according to the law.
That is an abbreviation of Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002.
. . .

FrioAg 00
AG
That ending is freaking awesome
HowdyTAMU
AG
. . . said:

And THIS guy, this GUY wants to be my arbiter of truth?? So delusional.

Always confident, often wrong.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Guess who gets fired first
agent-maroon
AG
Going to get fired by the richest Asperger's individual that the universe may ever know.

Now THAT'S special!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hph6203
AG
What do you mean? He thinks the person he's on a date with is totally in to him, and he totally is. That's truth.
Counterpoint
AG
That twist ending though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.