Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,895 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
hph6203
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He is either going to end us in a Nuclear Winter of REEEEE! Or he's going to lead us into a future where humor is broadly allowed again. SNL might actually get funny again.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BigRobSA said:

YNWA_AG said:

aggietony2010 said:

AgBQ-00 said:

YNWA_AG said:

The left is so triggered by that. They keep trotting out graphics from leftist rags to try and dEbUnK it.

Yep, all sorts of surveys showing how radical republicans have become...

...yet none are willing to clearly define how they draw what "the middle" is. I like to ask them why the chart doesn't look like mine instead.

LOL

Doesn't that median party line need to be drawn quite a bit further to the left?
aggiehawg
AG
hph6203 said:

He is either going to end us in a Nuclear Winter of REEEEE! Or he's going to lead us into a future where humor is broadly allowed again. SNL might actually get funny again.
SNL will never be funny again because cancel culture still exists.
Counterpoint
AG
From Elon's Twitter thread...

FrioAg 00
AG
Not sure I agree with that.

My views have remained consistent - they used to be considered center but with the radical pulling the whole spectrum left, I'm now probably pretty hard conservative but not extreme.

I am however aggressive against radicals in the left - not because I have equally radical views but because I'm generally just fed up with what they are doing to this country.

Being aggressively anti-leftist doesn't mean you have extremely conservative views.
aTm2004
AG
But the extremes on both sides get the airtime. The truth is there…most of the country is in the center or just to the left or right of center, and are ignored.
GeorgiAg
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Elon should tell everyone that he's coming out with a new version of the blue check. It's a blue B, which means you have been verified as a billionaire.

Heads would explode again.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This quote from Atlas Shrugged feels particularly poignant. It's speaking of Nat Taggart, the original founder of the company, and Dagny's ancestor.

"Just remember that he represented a code for existence which - for a brief span in all human history - drove slavery out of the civilized world. Remember it, when you feel baffled by the nature of his enemies."
tysker
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Elon should tell everyone that he's coming out with a new version of the blue check. It's a blue B, which means you have been verified as a billionaire.

Heads would explode again.
Tanya 93
I am more conservative than I used to be.

I am still damn funny though

/no, don't care about your opinion on my humor
nortex97
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Tanya, this thread is not about you. FYI.
Sea Speed
AG
nortex97 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wtf even was that post? A back patting statement on personal politics completely out of the blue, completely unprompted and not relevant at all to the discussion not topic of the thread. What synapses need to fire in order to make a post like that? The brain is wild.
will25u
YouBet
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

My views have remained consistent - they used to be considered center but with the radical pulling the whole spectrum left, I'm now probably pretty hard conservative but not extreme.

I am however aggressive against radicals in the left - not because I have equally radical views but because I'm generally just fed up with what they are doing to this country.

Being aggressively anti-leftist doesn't mean you have extremely conservative views.
I agree with you. We haven't changed. The spectrum moved to the left without us.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
YouBet said:

FrioAg 00 said:

I agree with you. We haven't changed. The spectrum moved to the left without us.

I'm in the same boat. In both my circle of longtime friends and in my friend groups at A&M I have long been a bit to the left and use to feel I was relatively center compared to average American public. I'm now relatively hard right compared to what I hear and see regularly.
will25u
FrioAg 00
AG
It's difficult to believe how some basic views went from centrist to "alt right" in like 20 years

Examples:

"What you do in your bedroom isn't necessarily my business and I won't ask about it. But don't ask me to comment about how lovely and normal it is either and perhaps stop talking about it non-stop"

"No, I don't really think it's my obligation to pay enough taxes for the non-working to have a universal expendable income"

"Pay for you own college, and if you do it with debt you should pay it back - not me"

"No, impressionable kids shouldn't be given life altering treatment like sex changes or hormone therapy that alters their development"

"A parent should have the final word on anything taught to their young kid about sex or any other topic"

"Two parent homes should be the goal - as the data shows they correlate with pretty much every positive outcome"

"People shouldn't be categorical judged negatively because they were born white"

"Let's not allow people to kill babies in most circumstances"

"If you want to infringe upon rights for private gun ownership, you'll need to lawfully change the constitution where it explicitly says you cannot"

"I don't think the US can take on the 5 billion people in the world who live in what the US defines as poverty. So we probably do need to control our borders."

I know, I'm probably being put on an FBI watchlist for saying such radical beliefs.
LightningDammitt
AG
Sea Speed said:

nortex97 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Wtf even was that post? A back patting statement on personal politics completely out of the blue, completely unprompted and not relevant at all to the discussion not topic of the thread. What synapses need to fire in order to make a post like that? The brain is wild.

Where do you think that puts Tanya on the "crazy/hot" graph?

Tanya, no, don't care about your opinion...
will25u
hph6203
AG
Glad to see Lawrence putting his pennies to work. Disappointed to see the Saudis still involved.
Bird Poo
AG
I think she was stoned.
tysker
AG
will25u said:

Binance with half a billion dollar investment.
Who knew their could be so much money in providing crypto services?
. . .
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/05/elon-musk-expected-to-serve-as-temporary-twitter-ceo-after-deal-closes.html

Sea Speed
AG
Dudes motor is other worldly
Tailgate88
AG
Please please please let video leak of the all hands meeting when he walks into Twitter HQ on day one.

Decay
AG
. . . said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/05/elon-musk-expected-to-serve-as-temporary-twitter-ceo-after-deal-closes.html

Elon looks... Different than I remember...
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
New York Times has managed to piss off Elon's Mom.

Keegan99
AG
Job interest increased?

Weird.

We were left to believe no one would want to work there.
will25u
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I thought he was married and had kids, the youngest with some super weird name
Keegan99
AG
He's been married. And he has kids.

But he's a bit of a playboy.

Heck, he banged Amber Heard in Johnny Depp's condo.
Tanya 93
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I thought he was married and had kids, the youngest with some super weird name
Not married
Has like 7 kids
TexAgs91
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

It's difficult to believe how some basic views went from centrist to "alt right" in like 20 years
"Alt-right"? Do you realize that's a left-wing term? Why are you (who have never been left-wing correct?) defining yourself based on the left's narrative? Of course by the left's viewpoint you're a raging right wing extremist. Their viewpoint is only extreme because THEY'VE gone far left.

The left has such a stranglehold on our culture that we really have to consciously consider our wording unless you want your world view dictated by the left.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.