Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,882 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Keegan99 said:

If the other side doesn't care whether you choose participate or not, then you do not have "leverage".
OK, you win. I know nothing about business. Go away.

EDIT: Nevermind. Still please go away but I just realized you're the same jackass that hijacked the election thread last week. I 100% believe that Elon very much wants Trump to come back on Twitter. 80M users is a lot of freakin people and that kind of traffic would definitely help boost earnings and his investment.

You realize the overwhelming majority of those users are still on Twitter, right?

It's not as if those 80MM were e-raptured when Trump was banned.
Stupe
S
We fixed the keg said:

Im Gipper said:

Things that didn't happen for $1,000 Alex.
Jokes that weren't caught for 44 billion, Alex.
will25u
Over/Under on section 230 repeal?
ballchain
TexAgs91
AG
Faustus said:

I imagine Nunes is none too pleased with Musk's purchase. Right now he's in the denial phase.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/devin-nunes-trump-truth-social-b2065044.html

(Video)

Quote:

. . . Nunes says Trump won't go back to Twitter if Musk buys it claiming his much mocked Truth Social has better engagement . . .

Nunes should interview for a top position at Twitter and Truth Social should merge with Twitter
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
cecil77
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Keegan99 said:

If the other side doesn't care whether you choose participate or not, then you do not have "leverage".
OK, you win. I know nothing about business. Go away.

EDIT: Nevermind. Still please go away but I just realized you're the same jackass that hijacked the election thread last week. I 100% believe that Elon very much wants Trump to come back on Twitter. 80M users is a lot of freakin people and that kind of traffic would definitely help boost earnings and his investment.

You're not reading what Keegan wrote. It's correct. It has nothing to to w/ Musk wanting Trump back. The issue is the use and meaning of the word "leverage".

In almost 20 years, the few times I've seen Keegan mistaken were when he thought he was wrong, but wasn't.
Premium
AG
So when do my shares get "bought out", best guess on timing?
agcrock2005
AG
You all are right. I'll concede to misusing the word leverage. My point was Elon wants Trump because of the massive following he has and he'd be able to monetize that. Trump doesn't have "leverage" though. He simply has the ability to keep that channel to himself rather than giving it to Twitter.
Fat Black Swan
AG
"now"

Before today average Joe's controlled corporate media and social media platforms. Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates, and Soros played no part in the 2020 political process.
aggiedata
AG
hph6203
AG
That one is good.
Agthatbuilds
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

"now"

Before today average Joe's controlled corporate media and social media platforms. Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates, and Soros played no part in the 2020 political process.

Hasn't it always been this way, except the scale is a little different?

The comparatively ultra rich and/or privileged have always owned most of the influence for the dawn of time.

That's the way it goes.
hph6203
AG
It was supposed to be different this time. They were supposed to listen to Varys instead of Ned Stark.
agent-maroon
AG
hph6203 said:

It was supposed to be different this time. They were supposed to listen to Varys instead of Ned Stark.

It's different every time, but somehow it's always the same.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
John Rich wins the internet today.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Yeah, Rob should be careful throwing that "criminal" word around. Trump has been found guilty of no crime.
AgCat93
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Yeah, Rob should be careful throwing that "criminal" word around. Trump has been found guilty of no crime.

He has a 50-year track record of talking out of his ass. Was Meathead life imitating art or vice versa?
petroleo y agua
I love a good Democrat meltdown.

So interesting that a Joe Biden voter is for free speech when it is for grooming/pedo purposes but against it in the Twitter/Elon context.

Democrats just want the right to freely speak about degeneracy and perversion. Makes sense given the Joe Biden voters I am familiar with.
highvelocity
AG

Owner of Texas Strap Company use code TEXAGS for 15% off
www.txstrapco.com

Sales Director for BCA Firearms
www.bcafirearmstx.com
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Was Meathead life imitating art or vice versa?
Greatest method actor alive!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
petroleo y agua said:

I love a good Democrat meltdown.

So interesting that a Joe Biden voter is for free speech when it is for grooming/pedo purposes but against it in the Twitter/Elon context.

Democrats just want the right to freely speak about degeneracy and perversion. Makes sense given the Joe Biden voters I am familiar with., and silence all opposing voices.
FIFY

They know they can't win on their ideas so they have to try and eliminate dissenting opinions.
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

Is the tweet really that far off from a Libs of TikTok or a daily Alyssa Milano tweet?
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Nunes should interview for a top position at Twitter and Truth Social should merge with Twitter

Now that's funny!
Womackster
AG
We fixed the keg said:

Quote:

Is the tweet really that far off from a Libs of TikTok or a daily Alyssa Milano tweet?

One could argue that that is why the joke works. Must be feeling pretty lonely shoved to the back of the cutlery drawer over there.
Stupe
S
To answer Meathead's last question: You can't combat it.
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

One could argue that that is why the joke works. Must be feeling pretty lonely shoved to the back of the cutlery drawer over there.
Give me the drawer in a two gender world over the rest of this crap.
will25u
No Spin Ag
Agthatbuilds said:

Que Te Gusta Mas said:

"now"

The comparatively ultra rich and/or privileged have always owned most of the influence for the dawn of time.

That's the way it goes.

Exactly. That anyone thinks anything is actually changing because of this is ignorant of history or too young to have learned it yet.

The more things change...
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Independence H-D
Bubblez said:

Changing the culture of a company is easier said than done.

Not if you have cojones and complete control
Squadron7
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Que Te Gusta Mas said:

"now"

That's the way it goes.

Exactly. That anyone thinks anything is actually changing because of this is ignorant of history or too young to have learned it yet.

The more things change...

Reich just wants a system that is run by a handful of academics working in the administration. No thank you.
aggie93
AG
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
aTmAg
AG
I worry that Musk's other ventures are at risk. His Tesla stock is collateral and if Tesla stock takes a big enough hit, it would automatically invoke selling and would make the prices fall farther. I think he would lose all his stock that is under collateral (3/4ths I think).

That may hamper his ability to fund stuff like Space X (which is what I care about).
BMX Bandit
aTmAg said:

I worry that Musk's other ventures are at risk. His Tesla stock is collateral and if Tesla stock takes a big enough hit, it would automatically invoke selling and would make the prices fall farther. I think he would lose all his stock that is under collateral (3/4ths I think).

That may hamper his ability to fund stuff like Space X (which is what I care about).
my money is on Musk's other ventures being just fine.
aTmAg
AG
BMX Bandit said:

aTmAg said:

my money is on Musk's other ventures being just fine.
Are you including Tesla in that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.