Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,926 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agcrock2005 said:

DOH! Not again.... Stop that.
themissinglink
AG
His reply is just as good.

aggie93
AG
Sure enough....

Well one thing is certain, a lot of folks at Twitter better go ahead and quit when Elon buys the company because he is going to walk in the office with a water gun like Ari from Enourage.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
will25u
And that tweet from Elon has 880k likes.
ballchain
No Spin Ag
ballchain said:

The first "More Tweets" I see after the shadow ban tweet..

Twitter is a sewer.

Which is why every politician is on it.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.

Twitter where:

Calling billionaires fat = bullying

Posting LibsofTikTok private info = journalism

Like Ari, GTFO
aggie93
AG
ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.
Yes, Elon needs to be all class like the leftists are. I'm sure they will miss this guy kind of like the folks who won't fly because they lifted mask mandates.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Squadron7
AG
aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.
Yes, Elon needs to be all class like the leftists are. I'm sure they will miss this guy kind of like the folks who won't fly because they lifted mask mandates.

From this O'Sullivan guy's bio page:

"Resister | Sports Nut | Music Lover"

Got that all you Right Wings Crazies??? I'm a ReSiStEr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aggie93
AG
Squadron7 said:

aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.

Um, last I checked the Dems controlled the Presidency and both Houses. What's he resisting exactly?

Ronald Reagan
fullback44
AG
I love it that Elon gives all these other elites hell, calling out Bill Gates is some good stuff, Elon treats him like his little biotch…
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

Um, last I checked the Dems controlled the Presidency and both Houses. What's he resisting exactly?
Reality
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
hph6203
AG
aggie93 said:

Squadron7 said:

aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.

It's his role play with Bill Gates. Bill Gates pretends to be a sexual predator and he pretends to resist.
jefe95
AG
O'Sullivan needs a swirly in a mens room toilet and to be shoved in a locker until he toughens up a bit.

He obviously missed out of some school yard beatdowns.
. . .
agent-maroon
AG
. . . said:

Could you help me out with what he might mean by this?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agdaddy04
AG
No more offer to buy is my guess
TRADUCTOR
And now Twitter stock tanks
. . .
TRADUCTOR
Lovely moment.
Elon fun with Twitter continues.
WHOOP!'91
AG
ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.

How many votes does Brian control?
BuddysBud
AG
Squadron7 said:

aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.

No more than 5 Ohms.
YouBet
AG
hph6203 said:

aggie93 said:

Squadron7 said:

aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.

It's his role play with Bill Gates. Bill Gates pretends to be a sexual predator and he pretends to resist.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was. He essentially had an open marriage.
will25u
Prosperdick
AG
will25u said:

Yes because it was such a complex offer initially, definitely needed to examine it again.
Demosthenes81
AG
will25u said:

Interesting. Does the Twitter board think the recent EU decision will take the wind out of Elon's sails to open up Twitter to other viewpoints?
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
Squadron7
AG
BuddysBud said:

Squadron7 said:

aggie93 said:

ballchain said:

Twitter is a sewer.

No more than 5 Ohms.

Aluminum wire.
hph6203
AG
Might be that, might be that he has clearly outlined that he's not joking around and has fully funded his bid.

I think with the EU you're going to see legal challenges that forces them to define how they determine what is and isn't misinformation and how misinformation one day becomes information the next. How they determine what is and isn't hate speech and what's just uncomfortable truths. **** the EU.
TacosaurusRex
hph6203 said:

Might be that, might be that he has clearly outlined that he's not joking around and has fully funded his bid.

I think with the EU you're going to see legal challenges that forces them to define how they determine what is and isn't misinformation and how misinformation one day becomes information the next. How they determine what is and isn't hate speech and what's just uncomfortable truths. **** the EU.

It's really weird how a trade organization has moved into the censoring speech game
aggieforester05
AG
Zero percent chance they're interested in restricting misinformation evenhandedly. This will 100% favor progressives because that's who runs the EU and they believe their opinions to be facts and counter arguments to be misinformation. I hope they lose in court bigly!
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

It's really weird how a trade organization has moved into the censoring speech game
Talk about mission creep.
will25u
More:

hph6203
AG
The interesting thing to watch will be if Elon has a business model that's robust enough to throw his middle finger up at regulation that 6% of revenue isn't significant enough to force censorship. 6% of Twitters annual revenue right now is ~300,000,000. That's nothing relative his personal wealth and it is about to explode between SpaceX and Tesla.
nortex97
AG
hph6203 said:

The interesting thing to watch will be if Elon has a business model that's robust enough to throw his middle finger up at regulation that 6% of revenue isn't significant enough to force censorship. 6% of Twitters annual revenue right now is ~300,000,000. That's nothing relative his personal wealth and it is about to explode between SpaceX and Tesla.
Maybe you can expand this to include statutes.
TyHolden
AG
Elon publicly calling out Gates.....he knows where the buried kids are.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.