Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,889 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
fka ftc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Elon will either continue to be the wealthiest man in the world, or he will launch himself on a one-way rocket to pluto with $250 billion of gold bullion and the admin login to twitter and lock out all the teslas, show him flipping the bird to the Earth, and say come and get it beeyothces.

The dude is brilliant, admittedly on the spectrum, and seems to have been more successful than the average TexAgs poster who is working for the man whilst calling Elon a dumbarse.

With that, I am putting my $$$ on Elon.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
VitruvianAg
AG
"With that, I am putting my $$$ on Elon."

Ron Baron is too, so you're in good company!
fullback44
AG
fka ftc said:

Elon will either continue to be the wealthiest man in the world, or he will launch himself on a one-way rocket to pluto with $250 billion of gold bullion and the admin login to twitter and lock out all the teslas, show him flipping the bird to the Earth, and say come and get it beeyothces.

The dude is brilliant, admittedly on the spectrum, and seems to have been more successful than the average TexAgs poster who is working for the man whilst calling Elon a dumbarse.

With that, I am putting my $$$ on Elon.
It's funny how many idiots think Elon is not smart, let me tell the idiots out there, you just don't casually make over a billion doLlars, you have to be super intelligent and also be a very very very business savvy person, that's why the average dumbass works and depends on the government and people like Elon are sending rockets into orbit so he can Bring certain parts of the world tv !
fka ftc
I mean, some doofusses can be a billionaire... but only through inheritance or just neverending good luck.

So if you are not a Walton, Saudi Prince, or Eike Batista, then being a billionaire does reflect both smarts, opportunity and endless hustle.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
BigRobSA
fka ftc said:

I mean, some doofusses can be a billionaire... but only through inheritance or just neverending good luck.

So if you are not a Walton, Saudi Prince, or Eike Batista, then being a billionaire does reflect both smarts, opportunity and endless hustle.

Makes a great Drax on GotG.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Who is the expert that issued a 'chilling warning?'

It's someone named Melissa who is a former content moderator for Twitter who specialized in political misinformation.

Melissa was a former arbiter of truth.

Now that that power got taken away from her by Elon, she seems kinda mad about it.
fka ftc
Eire not Dave.
BigRobSA
fka ftc said:

Eire not Dave.

Have you ever seen them both in the same place, at the same time?

I thought not!!!!
fka ftc
Well played, well played.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Still going after Elon.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Still going after Elon.

EU moving forward to ban X.
No Spin Ag
BigRobSA said:

fka ftc said:

Eire not Dave.

Have you ever seen them both in the same place, at the same time?

I thought not!!!!

POTD right here, folks.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
American Hardwood
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Still going after Elon.

This is how fascism works for companies. You either become a puppet for the fascists or you are not allowed to exist.

This is what real fascism looks like, not the funny-money version the left likes to paint.
Old McDonald
the EU has never met a tech or social media company they didn't want to regulate into the dirt
Stat Monitor Repairman
Agreed. Writing on the wall when GDPR came out. Was specifically designed to reign in US big-tech.
No Spin Ag
Old McDonald said:

the EU has never met a tech or social media company they didn't want to regulate into the dirt

That's true. I think even back when Microsoft was blowing up in the 90s the EU gave them grief. I may be thinking of Antje company since it's been so long, but I think it was Bill Gates in the headlines
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Old McDonald

Agreed. Writing on the wall when GDPR came out. Was specifically designed to reign in US big-tech.
and had the unfortunate side effect of crippling any chance the eurozone had at building a competitive tech sector, while the us and asia left them in their dust
lb3
AG
Old McDonald said:

and had the unfortunate side effect of crippling any chance the eurozone had at building a competitive tech sector, while the us and asia left them in their dust
EU regulations are why the largest tech companies in Europe are telecoms or silicone developers.
Ags4DaWin
BigRobSA said:

Ag with kids said:

will25u said:

Quote:

By filing a suit in federal court, the SEC aims to force Elon Musk to answer questions about the Twitter deal for their investigation. The agency needs his testimony to determine if securities regulations were broken during the blockbuster acquisition.
So...it's a fishing expedition.

They don't know WHAT laws were broken let alone if ANY laws were broken.

This kind of stuff is bull*****

The deal had to be sanctioned by all sorts of alphabet agencies, including the SEC. Are they saying that they're inept?

Elon HATES the SEC.

I bet he brings his flame thrower to that legal battle.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Elon accused of preying on fat people.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Still after Elon.
itsyourboypookie
Elon

Stat Monitor Repairman

uhhhh any guesses as to what happened here?
AggieMD95
AG
American Hardwood said:

Still going after Elon.

This is how fascism works for companies. You either become a puppet for the fascists or you are not allowed to exist.

This is what real fascism looks like, not the funny-money version the left likes to paint.

Mussolini is smiling
Old McDonald
pretty straightforward imo, someone hacked into the sec's account and tweeted fake, bullish bitcoin news to orchestrate a pump n dump
Stat Monitor Repairman
So the federal entity in charge of prosecuting pump 'n dumps gets its Twitter account hacked which is then used to successfully execute a pump 'n dump?

Ok. Just checking to make sure we had that right.
Old McDonald

So the federal entity in charge of prosecuting pump 'n dumps gets its Twitter account hacked which is then used to successfully execute a pump 'n dump?

Ok. Just checking to make sure we had that right.
gotta admire their pluck!
Faustus
Seems like an adverse event.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Now blaming Elon for the government getting their account hacked.
RED AG 98
AG
LOL, blaming X / Elon when they can't even be bothered to enable 2FA...
Stat Monitor Repairman
Elon goes hard with Milei WEF reverse cowgirl meme.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

KRAKOW, Poland (AP) Elon Musk, who has been accused of allowing antisemitic messages on his social media platform, X, visited the site of the Auschwitz-Birkenaudeath camp on Monday, saying afterwards that the tragedy of the Holocaust "hits you much more in the heart when you see it in person."
Elon responds to accusations of antisemitism by going on hajj to Aushwitz.

"I have like two-thirds of my friends are Jewish. I have twice as many Jewish friends as non-Jewish friends. I'm like Jewish by association, I'm aspirationally Jewish."
Stat Monitor Repairman

Blaming Elon for this.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Setting the precedent that search terms on X will be blocked to prioritize safety.
nortex97
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.