Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,899 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
MagnumLoad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The problem is this; who gets to decide what constitutes hate speech? The left would consider anything they disagree with as hate speech. That is the problem with moderation period. Definitions have to be very specific and narrow. This is why there should be no moderation. Truly hateful speech would be self moderated, by other posters.
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
BusterAg
AG
We fixed the keg said:

Curious to know if they could hind behind some muddy accounting with bans, bots, etc.
If it was a material misstatement provided to investors, muddy accounting is not going to save them.

If it wasn't material, it's not really a problem. If it was like 25%, that is the kind of thing people go to jail over.
YNWA_AG
AG
Everyone knew they kept the bots to keep the share price higher
We fixed the keg
AG
Quote:

If it was like 25%, that is the kind of thing people go to jail over.
Gotta admit, I wouldn't say that would upset me, at all. One could say, I would rather enjoy watching that unfold.
techno-ag
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Everyone knew they kept the bots to keep the share price higher
Even if Musk doesn't buy it, he shook things up.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
agent-maroon
AG
We fixed the keg said:

Quote:

If it was like 25%, that is the kind of thing people go to jail over.
Gotta admit, I wouldn't say that would upset me, at all. One could say, I would rather enjoy watching that unfold.

Could we call that a change in culture? It feels like a change...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
will25u

BigRobSA
will25u said:

No mules!?

African -Americans were promised 40 and a mule. 100, due to inflation, is good and all...but ..the MULE!?!?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
YNWA_AG
AG
will25u
Keegan99
AG
Naturalized citizens have to actually read the Constitution and take a test, and it shows.
fasthorse05
BusterAg said:

They were reporting monthly active users as late as 2019 through Edgar.

If they were disclosing MAU through Edgar and were lying, that is indeed a major problem.

It's still a problem even if they were lying through some other channel, but putting that in an 8k when its false will bring the thunder.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1418091/000156459019012395/twtr-ex992_7.htm
What I find particularly humorous about this is that Democrat privilege may not apply here.

Normally, if a confiscatory Democrat (see 80%) should be investigated for committing a felony, it will never happen because the ends and means thing.

However, if that same Dem and his/her acolytes cause the shareholder value of other "confiscatory Democrats" like Fink from Blackrock, to lose significant money, then all bets are off and Twitter should be sued to hell and back.

Rule #1 for Dems: as long as others are damaged, ruined, or killed, it's okee dokee when they're unimportant people (see voters) or just Republicans.
captkirk
AG
Article on user counts
https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/28/23046170/twitter-miscounted-daily-users-three-years-q1-2022-earnings
I am always wrong
YNWA_AG said:

Good for Elon. Dude seems honest about what he believes and gives absolutely zero ****s what anybody on the left or elsewhere thinks. I'm sure it helps that he has billions of dollars, but even so, that kind of fortitude is exceedingly rare.
tysker
AG
YNWA_AG said:

we libertarians are on the Z-axis
chase128
AG
It is a bit worrisome to me that even though he sees himself more on the right side of the spectrum, he still probably has a lot of leftist ideas. He's not a conservative.

Keegan99
AG
captkirk said:

Article on user counts
https://www.theverge.com/2022/4/28/23046170/twitter-miscounted-daily-users-three-years-q1-2022-earnings

So it's an error of ~2 million on a count of ~230 million.

This shouldn't happen, but a < 1% error on this metric isn't fraud on the market.
TacosaurusRex
chase128 said:

It is a bit worrisome to me that even though he sees himself more on the right side of the spectrum, he still probably has a lot of leftist ideas. He's not a conservative.

Who cares if he's a conservative? All the right needs is their ideas to be presented without bias and for the lefts ideas to be presented without the goaltending.
c-jags
YNWA_AG said:

him sharing that kinda lets me know he gets the premise. most on the right aren't asking you to agree with us on everything.

on a given day i could listen to a Joe Rogan, Andrew Schultz, Tim Pool, Bill Maher, Ben Shapiro, Jimmy Dore, Tim Dillon, Lex Friedman, Bret Weinstein, etc. podcast and find plenty of things to agree with them on. I would also disagree with all of the above on different points (abortion, UBI, tax rates, Israel, American Foreign Policy, UHC.)

All that's being asked is for them not to think i'm a bigot for having a different opinion.
ChemEAg08
AG
c-jags said:

YNWA_AG said:

him sharing that kinda lets me know he gets the premise. most on the right aren't asking you to agree with us on everything.

on a given day i could listen to a Joe Rogan, Andrew Schultz, Tim Pool, Bill Maher, Ben Shapiro, Jimmy Dore, Tim Dillon, Lex Friedman, Bret Weinstein, etc. podcast and find plenty of things to agree with them on. I would also disaagree with all of the above on different points (abortion, UBI, tax rates, Israel, American Foreign Policy, UHC.)

All that's being asked is for them not to think i'm a bigot for having a different opinion.

That's because most of us on the right can critically think, make our own viewpoint and don't give a crap what some of these losers do as long as they don't tread on us or our families.
Mr President Elect
AG
Thought this was a great interview (not with Elon, but about Elon and the Twitter takeover) and didn't see it posted.

FrioAg 00
AG
tysker said:

YNWA_AG said:

we libertarians are on the Z-axis

Is that the one where you virtue signal while throwing away any meaningful contribution to the state of our society?
TexAgs91
AG
MagnumLoad said:

The problem is this; who gets to decide what constitutes hate speech? The left would consider anything they disagree with as hate speech. That is the problem with moderation period. Definitions have to be very specific and narrow. This is why there should be no moderation. Truly hateful speech would be self moderated, by other posters.
You're letting the left set the narrative again. The correct question is what constitutes free speech?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
captkirk
AG
tysker
AG
nah its the one that continues to provide the moral and intellectual underpinnings for you to continue your wealth creation through capitalism and advance civil liberties such as freedom of speech, gun ownership, property rights, religious freedoms and so forth

So maybe it is virtual signaling; you're just reaping the rewards
techno-ag
AG
YNWA_AG said:

The one on the right never moves.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
TexAgs91
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Awesome diagram, but when Musk says he's going to balance twitter so like 10% of the left and right are unhappy, look at the chart... how is that supposed to work?
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
FrioAg 00
AG
Lol, let me know where to send my thank you cards to all the nationally relevant Libertarian elected officials

Hint: they do not exist
chase128
AG
Hopefully when he said that he meant the political spectrum from 2008 or earlier haha.
BusterAg
AG
Keegan99 said:

captkirk said:

Article on user counts

So it's an error of ~2 million on a count of ~230 million.

This shouldn't happen, but a < 1% error on this metric isn't fraud on the market.
Yeah, not material.

Embarrassing, but a nothingburger.
TexAgs91
AG
c-jags said:

YNWA_AG said:

chase128 is asking that
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
Ag with kids
AG
TexAgs91 said:

YNWA_AG said:

Awesome diagram, but when Musk says he's going to balance twitter so like 10% of the left and right are unhappy, look at the chart... how is that supposed to work?
The X axis in that chart is the amount of conservatism or liberalism a person has, not the number of people that are conservative or liberal.
chase128
AG
I'm really just making an observation, that might be a little off topic sorry.

I just think it's interesting how people on the left side of the spectrum are on the right side now because the Overton Window has fallen off a cliff.

While I'm glad Elon shares the same outlook on free speech as the rest of us sane people, he probably doesn't share some of other conservative values that those on the right usually find important. That's not a bad thing. I know I said it's concerning initially and I probably shouldn't have worded it that way.
TexAgs91
AG
Ag with kids said:

TexAgs91 said:

YNWA_AG said:

The X axis in that chart is the amount of conservatism or liberalism a person has, not the number of people that are conservative or liberal.
Yeah, so the chart is showing more and more people are liberal. Again, that 10% of the left that would be unhappy with twitter would be a moving target.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
TexAgs91
AG
chase128 said:

I'm really just making an observation, that might be a little off topic sorry.

I just think it's interesting how people on the left side of the spectrum are on the right side now because the Overton Window has fallen off a cliff.

While I'm glad Elon shares the same outlook on free speech as the rest of us sane people, he probably doesn't share some of other conservative values that those on the right usually find important. That's not a bad thing. I know I said it's concerning initially and I probably shouldn't have worded it that way.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.