Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,906 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
chase128 said:

I checked my twitter timeline for the first time in years and every 7 or 8 tweets is an Ad. This is obnoxious.

Rather rely on Mainstream Media for news or straight from the person, Trump… I'll deal with a few ads.
Daddy-O5
AG
I don't really care about Trump and twitter; I do care about what Trump back on twitter symbolizes. Sign me back up.
Premium
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

I don't really care about Trump and twitter; I do care about what Trump back on twitter symbolizes. Sign me back up.

Being private, I hope Musk still posts company improvement on finances and users.
nortex97
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

Agreed. Trump is in his mid-70's. I think…at some point his energy level will fade in the next few years regardless, as Father Time is undefeated.
We fixed the keg
AG
Im Gipper said:

Things that didn't happen for $1,000 Alex.
aTm2004
AG
We fixed the keg said:

Im Gipper said:

That was posted by Matt Walsh. He was poking fun of the guys who will ultimate tweet something similar between tweets of period pains.
aTm2004
AG
Jock 07
AG
Can musk buy Texags next and overhaul moderation? Asking for a friend.
agcrock2005
AG
aTm2004 said:

But Keegan99 said he had no leverage to do this. Of course he was going to do this. There's huge demand for Trump's comments from both MSM and the average American. He started his own company, so why the hell not leverage the hell out of his voice and make people go to his company. I just clicked into my app and found out that I'm not on waiting list anymore. And in article below they say he's about to "begin using his own" Truth Social account, which will generate a lot of traffic to TS.

4stringAg
AG
While we may see more conservative voices and viewpoints return to Twitter and have a place, I suspect the leftist wackos, blue checks and other nutjobs will just scream "disinformation!!" louder at any viewpoint they don't like and point to the MSM as the backup for their positions, the same MSM who has been complicit in spreading disinformation about Russia collusion, Covid, masking, squelching the Hunter Biden laptop story, etc.
Premium
AG
4stringAg said:

While we may see more conservative voices and viewpoints return to Twitter and have a place, I suspect the leftist wackos, blue checks and other nutjobs will just scream "disinformation!!" louder at any viewpoint they don't like and point to the MSM as the backup for their positions, the same MSM who has been complicit in spreading disinformation about Russia collusion, Covid, masking, squelching the Hunter Biden laptop story, etc.

Simple solution, shadow ban them
texsn95
AG
nortex97 said:

Daddy-O5 said:

Agreed. Trump is in his mid-70's. I think…at some point his energy level will fade in the next few years regardless, as Father Time is undefeated.
Both Pelosi and Feinstein are giving him a run for his money though...
agcrock2005
AG
Premium said:

4stringAg said:

Simple solution, shadow ban them
WHOOP!'91
AG
BMX Bandit said:

agcrock2005 said:

I think Trump is in weird position. If he wants to save Truth Social then he might have to stay off Twitter and make people go to TS to hear his content. He has a lot of leverage here with his followers IMO.
does Trump even have any content on TS?

also, I think you are greatly overestimating the people that refuse to go to twitter because Trump is not there. I left twitter when they banned him, but as this board has shown, people can't stay off twitter.
I can and have stayed off Twitter since they banned Trump. I will open an account if he is allowed back on. So that makes 1, and surely I am not the only one.

I think Elon can make a nice chunk of change by re-democratizing Twitter.
Mr President Elect
AG
agcrock2005 said:

But Keegan99 said he had no leverage to do this. Of course he was going to do this. There's huge demand for Trump's comments from both MSM and the average American. He started his own company, so why the hell not leverage the hell out of his voice and make people go to his company. I just clicked into my app and found out that I'm not on waiting list anymore. And in article below they say he's about to "begin using his own" Truth Social account, which will generate a lot of traffic to TS.

Ehhh, part of the fun of Trump tweeting were the tears from the libs and GeorgiaAg. If they aren't on TS to see it, does it really do much?
BMX Bandit
I also quit Twitter at the same time. So looks like you and I are two, not quite to 80 million
Keegan99
AG
Ok. He's allowed to make a poor decision.

Elon isn't worried one bit. Which kinda shows that Trump has little leverage, as I said. This isn't going to keep Elon up at night.

Truth Social's user base will be a fraction of Twitter's, and it will be little more than a Trump echo chamber.
BMX Bandit

Keegan remains correct.

Musk does not need Trump to make Twitter successful.

truth social may end up being a viable competitor. I hope it is personally. So far, it's been a disaster
Adverse Event
Jock 07 said:

Can we just make sure they do a good job monitoring the use of angry faces? It's truly hurtful to read a post with an angry face.
TacosaurusRex
nortex97
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I also quit Twitter at the same time. So looks like you and I are two, not quite to 80 million
So hang on, you quit twitter because it banned Trump?
We fixed the keg
AG
Greatness....
TacosaurusRex

Ag87H2O
AG
Squadron7
AG
We fixed the keg said:

Im Gipper said:

I'm literally shaking right now.
agcrock2005
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Keegan remains correct.

Musk does not need Trump to make Twitter successful.

truth social may end up being a viable competitor. I hope it is personally. So far, it's been a disaster
Correct about what? I simply said that Trump has the leverage of his voice to use either on his own platform or Twitter. Of course Elon wants him on Twitter but I agree he doesn't need him. If Trump wants to make his business more successful then it makes sense not to post to Twitter but rather his own platform. I never said that he was trying to be more successful than twitter and take all of their users. Twitter will remain the boss company but millions (including me and several posters above me) will check out Truth Social to see what's going on with Trump. Hell the MSM that has an infatuation might be forced to check it out too so that they'll have something to write about.
Keegan99
AG
If the other side doesn't care whether you choose participate or not, then you do not have "leverage".
P.H. Dexippus
AG
. . .

Quote:

The expos will mostly focus on negative aspects of Tesla. Variety reported that the documentary, which is directed by Emma Schwartz, will explore the future-minded company and their development of self-driving cars.

The publication shared, "Featuring the reporting from Cade Metz and Neal Boudette of The New York Times, the film will dive into how Tesla's Autopilot program has resulted in several deaths that Musk and the company has yet to publicly acknowledge, and details Musk's efforts to kill government investigations into the incidents. Several former Tesla employees will be featured in the documentary, speaking out against Musk for the first time."

The Hollywood Reporter says the deep dive will also examine "pressure Elon Musk [has] put on government officials to quash investigations."

The episode will debut May 20 at 10 p.m. on FX and Hulu.
Sea Speed
AG
I truly wonder if any normal folks see what I isnhappenijg and realize that it is all coordinated attacks on elon by the people who want to control them.
agcrock2005
AG
Keegan99 said:

If the other side doesn't care whether you choose participate or not, then you do not have "leverage".
OK, you win. I know nothing about business. Go away.

EDIT: Nevermind. Still please go away but I just realized you're the same jackass that hijacked the election thread last week. I 100% believe that Elon very much wants Trump to come back on Twitter. 80M users is a lot of freakin people and that kind of traffic would definitely help boost earnings and his investment.
Im Gipper
We fixed the keg said:

Im Gipper said:

Hercule Poirot has cracked the case!

I'm Gipper
BMX Bandit
agcrock2005 said:

Keegan99 said:

OK, you win. I know nothing about business. Go away.

EDIT: Nevermind. Still please go away but I just realized you're the same jackass that hijacked the election thread last week. I 100% believe that Elon very much wants Trump to come back on Twitter. 80M users is a lot of freakin people and that kind of traffic would definitely help boost earnings and his investment.

Keegan is one of most level headed posters in this board. His easily refuting your "points" does not make him a jackass

No offense, but you have never really explained how Trump has leverage here.

I also think Musk wants Trump on twitter. But that does not mean Trump has any leverage over the situation.
JJxvi
AG
LMAO. I know there has got to be some ****ing marketing guy who was ordered to post this that knows how hilariously sarcastic this tweet will come across.

No Spin Ag
Adverse Event said:

Jock 07 said:

Can we just make sure they do a good job monitoring the use of angry faces? It's truly hurtful to read a post with an angry face.

Loud noises!
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.