Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,910 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
FrioAg 00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fair enough - I guess just different but adjacent views on the same issue

Leftists love to redefine terms and labels to fit their narratives and manipulate casual consumers of discourse.

It's sounds like you reject their terms outright. My strategy is to stop placing any weight or power behind those labels. For example - if they want to say as a parent standing up against groomers and race baiters makes me a "domestic terrorist" then sign me the **** up.

By their new labels my highschooler (who is black) is quite the white supremest, because he's a huge proponent of self reliance, capitalism and other traditional western values.
tysker
AG
will25u said:

From Grimes to Sky Ferreira? Lana Del Rey next?
c-jags
Tanya 93 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I thought he was married and had kids, the youngest with some super weird name
Not married
Has like 7 kids
i think he was married, divorced, married, divorced, married wife 2 again, divorced, was with Heard, and then Grimes.

billionaire playboy is fairly right.
akm91
AG
tysker said:

will25u said:

From Grimes to Sky Ferreira? Lana Del Rey Lizzy Grant next?
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
. . .

WHOOP!'91
AG
. . . said:

Slash reliance on ad income, then quintuple revenue selling what?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

. . . said:

Well he's talking about improving current add revenue by almost 3x what it currently is so that's its 12.5 billion of revenue and then selling "Twitter blue" for $3/month at 70 million users which would be another 2.5 billion. I'm not sure where the other $10 billion is coming from.

Found it in the article

Quote:

By 2028, he plans for ads to generate $12 billion in revenue in 2028, while subscriptions are expected to pull in another $10 billion, according to the report.

Musk is said to favor a subscription-based model over advertiser funding, as it would make Twitter less beholden to advertiser pressure. He has even suggested users could pay with cryptocurrency, including joke currency Dogecoin which Musk has long had an affection for.

Other revenue would come from businesses such as data licensing.

Musk has also tweeted about potentially monetizing tweets, although he has not provided specific details.

Musk also plans to see Twitter's cash flow rise to $3.2 billion in 2025 and $9.4 billion in 2028.
hph6203
AG
Data licensing was one aspect of the remaining revenue, the other was a payments platform.

A financial analyst I follow proposes that the data licensing will be more like an AI analysis of the language interactions used between individuals so that you can interact with robots, similar to what OpenAI has done with GPT-3, but that's wild speculation.
techno-ag
AG
Making those smug blue checks pay for the privilege is a great idea.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
hph6203
AG
His proposal is to have two indicators, one for Twittter Blue (the pay service) and one for public figures. The Blue service is going to operate as a way to reduce the number of bots or at least call into question their sincerity. You pay $2/mo and people are less likely to presume you're a bot and more likely to presume it if you don't.

He's going to have to provide other added value to make Blue work, but I don't doubt he can. Some possibilities would be implementing a cloud storage service into the system or some other cheap to implement add on.

It's kind of like the Ag Tag and stars on this site. The stars buy you a level of credibility, but the Ag Tag confirms you're a former student. Stars = Blue, Ag Tag = verified.
Adverse Event
Makes me wonder... if Brandon doesn't figure out the moderation on this site and Twitter adds AgTags...
will25u
BMX Bandit
Quote:

the stars buy you a level of credibility

Thanks foe the morning chuckle.

C@LAg
hph6203 said:

The stars buy you a level of credibility

No. Just like the Swiss Flags do not indicate informed medical knowledge expertise.

but the Ag Tag confirms you're a former student

There are a few exceptions to those assigned Ag Tags, so again no.
BigRobSA
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Never knew BMX is black.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
petroleo y agua
BigRobSA said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Never knew BMX is black.

I don't know about that, but he is arrogant and often wrong.
WHOOP!'91
AG
C@LAg said:

hph6203 said:

No. Just like the Swiss Flags do not indicate informed medical knowledge expertise.

non-former students have an ag tag? I know there is an Aggie spirit tag...
Marcus Brutus
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Yeah, that's hilarious!
BMX Bandit
petroleo y agua said:

BigRobSA said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Never knew BMX is black.

deep breaths. it will be okay.

sorry you had to change your user name. that "Biden won't be inaugurated" thing didn't work out so well for you. Maybe those Q drops were planted by an imposter.
BMX Bandit
bluestar
Counterpoint
AG
BMX Bandit said:

petroleo y agua said:

BigRobSA said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Never knew BMX is black.

deep breaths. it will be okay.

sorry you had to change your user name. that "Biden won't be inaugurated" thing didn't work out so well for you. Maybe those Q drops were planted by an imposter.

What was the previous username?
tk for tu juan
WHOOP!'91 said:

C@LAg said:

hph6203 said:

non-former students have an ag tag? I know there is an Aggie spirit tag...

Non-Ags use their Aggie wives or relatives credentials to get an Ag Tag then troll the football board, especially one UTSA roadrunner grad
will25u
BusterAg
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Let those companies leave Twitter. No one will follow.

What is so funny is that the strategy of the Tech Sector was:

1) Build a platform that caters to all people, make it really convenient. Amass a huge user base.
2) Make the platform less convenient so that you can sell your user base. Make lots of money. Users don't leave because of network effects (the phenomenon that people want social media platforms with the largest user interface).
3) Force liberal policies on the user base to try and move the country left. A few people leave, but most non-political people still stick around for network effects.

Now that Musk is buying Twitter, there really is nothing that they can do. Tech has been using those network effects as a cudgel to do pretty much whatever they want. The reason they are scared is because they know most people are not going to leave Twitter. Twitter / Tech has been abusing their user base for years, and still doing fine. The lefties haven't been on the other side of the coin, where there really is nothing they can do to combat those network effects.
BusterAg
AG
will25u said:

"
Quote:

On Thursday, Daniel Zhao, a senior economist and data scientist at the job insights platform Glassdoor, tweeted that interest in job openings at the social media giant was up 263% between April 24 and April 30.

Well, one way to change the culture of a company is 80% or so turnover.
BusterAg
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

. . . said:

User data.

How do you think Tesla makes any money at all? It's not from selling cars. It's from selling the data of where those cars go on a daily basis.
Proc92
That's interesting. Did that come from an earnings call or sec filing? I'd like to see that breakdown of revenue.
black_ice
LOL! Is this a joke???
cecil77
AG
Well there you have it, black_ice thinks Musk's plans are a joke. He may as well give it up now...
Deluxe
AG
I think most in the mainstream investor community are totally missing the boat on what's about to happen with Twitter. To be honest, Elon's lightning rod polarity and mainstream's focus on the speech/censorship aspect of this are perfect cover for the brains behind the scenes to execute quietly.

I don't know what the stock is going to do between now and when it goes private, but if I could somehow get on his list of private investors, I would put every penny I have in it.
BusterAg
AG
They report "services" revenue which is close to or exceeds their net income.

It's easy to hide these things in financial statements. When you have a thin margin on your primary source of business, small, very lucrative, sources of revenue tend to contribute a whole lot more to net income than your primary source of business.
Deluxe
AG
FWIW, revenue from user data won't be much of a factor with the new Twitter
hph6203
AG
black_ice said:

LOL! Is this a joke???
No. it may not function that way on this cesspool of cynicism. And I'm not saying it gives more validity to an opinion, but rather it gives more legitimacy that they are a person rather than a computer algorithm.

A blue check does not make Alyssa Milano intelligent, but you know that it's Alyssa Milano saying the stupid **** she does rather than an impersonator. A Twitter Blue indicator doesn't make a person right, it just reduces the likelihood that they're just a bot sewing dissent.

An Ag Tag does not make a person smart, but it legitimizes their relationship to the university, stars don't make a person smart, but it does mean that they have enough of an investment into their profile here that they're willing to pay for it.

It is not credibility of intelligence, but rather credibility as a person that merely exists. It's a way, way bigger problem on Twitter than it is on this small website, so that kind of information has way more value on Twitter than it does here.
Sea Speed
AG
Right. I assume, as most people should, that almost all tweets are made by bots. Certainly any tweet that is something by someone with a username like patriot385828285 is almost certainly a bot. Yet things like that get posted on this board ALL THE TIME.
Scruffy
AG
Barnes had stars.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.