Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,914 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
will25u
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Twitter stock almost to EM's price. $51.32 currently in pre hours.
Agthatbuilds

Don't know who this guy is, but, it's happening??
File5
AG
So if this actually happens...what is he going to do with it? Would love to know how he selects his lieutenants and makes sure they have the same values he does - no way he'll have time to do all the work required to base Twitter in addition to everything else.
Premium
AG
This is legit

https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-twitter-set-accept-musks-best-final-offer-sources-2022-04-25/
tommyjohn
Already looking forward to the melt from the blue checks for Trump's first tweet once he is back on the platform.
Deplorable
File5 said:

So if this actually happens...what is he going to do with it? Would love to know how he selects his lieutenants and makes sure they have the same values he does - no way he'll have time to do all the work required to base Twitter in addition to everything else.

1. Probably make their algorithm and policy public and take away the power of the little soy they/thems who work there to ban people at their discretion.
2. Spend his time eliminating the bots.
3. Find a way to make a lot of money.
nortex97
AG
No Spin Ag said:

will25u said:

I'm sure the Muslims in Saudi Arabia are thrilled.
The double irony in this to me is that the Saudi money is...after all, oil money. Free speech, oil money, climate change, BEV plant using a rapacious amount of precious metals.

Hey, at least the Saudi Tesla plant should have plenty of solar power, presumably populated with 'temporary' workers from Africa/Philippines etc. (Saudi's do NOT do manual labor.) I wonder if they will put it in/around that economic zone/corridor the crown prince was partnering with Israel on.

It's all too damn funny. He turned down Bill Gates about climate change investments because he is shorting Tesla stock, then...partners with the Saudi's to try to end Twitter censorship.
No Spin Ag
tommyjohn said:

Already looking forward to the melt from the blue checks for Trump's first tweet once he is back on the platform.

I can't think of anything better to help the right leaning moderate voters go to camp DeSantis when Trump is back in Twitter. That'll be a good thing indeed.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Proc92
Will desantis run for pres in '24?
TacosaurusRex
tommyjohn said:

Trump wont be back on Twitter until Truth Social folds. So should be about a week.
No Spin Ag
Proc92 said:

With as visible he's been for the past two years, on newer issues that just make sense, one can but hope.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
nortex97
AG
Proc92 said:

Timing is everything in politics. If his wife is still in remission, and his team see's a window/path to the nomination, I would absolutely expect him to. I'd personally love to vote for the guy.
GeorgiAg
AG
Like clockwork... Elon is a white supremacist!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decay
AG
GeorgiAg said:

I hate when racists try to hold African-Americans down simply based on the color of their skin!
Rockdoc
AG
Those people are so sick.
BigRobSA
If Talcum X is against it, you know it's right.

He is such a pansy-assed racist.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
bthotugigem05
AG
I guess he believes that no one is capable of independent thought, that they are all nothing more than who their parents were.
GeorgiAg
AG
He's gonna allow people who I think are bigots to speak freely!!!

FTAG 2000
AG
Elon obviously going to add race to user profile so he can censor appropriately.
Red Five
AG
GeorgiAg said:

I don't agree with him about Elon, but that aside, isn't that everyone's definition of free speech? Speech everyone agrees with doesn't need to be protected.
bthotugigem05
AG
GeorgiAg said:

He's gonna allow people who I think are bigots to speak freely!!!

Literally Al Qaeda, the Taliban, and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard all still use Twitter.
Clob94
Decay said:

GeorgiAg said:

I hate when racists try to hold African-Americans down simply based on the color of their skin!
The responses to this tweet are Hall of Fame calibre.
Ag87H2O
AG
Decay said:

GeorgiAg said:

This thread is going to outdo the Horn Tears Thread this week.
Rockdoc
AG
It's really not that difficult. You let EVERYBODY speak.
akm91
AG
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
chjoak
AG
aTm2004
AG
GeorgiAg said:

Elon is more of an African American that Talcum-X is.
ChemEAg08
AG
https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-twitter-set-accept-musks-best-final-offer-sources-2022-04-25/

Twitter set to accept Musks offer.
Waffledynamics
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

Twitter set to accept Musks offer.
It ain't over until the ink is on the paper.
nortex97
AG
I think they will announce a deal today/tomorrow, but the legal review/process etc. will take over a month.

The operative question then becomes when the board changes, and when the management team does from there. My swag is that is a 90-180 day process, though I am guessing Elon could become a board member in the next few weeks. Curious as to what others have to say.
will25u
maxag42
chjoak said:

Umm…he's gonna be in for a surprise when he arrives in Alaska.
will25u
. . .
ProgN

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.