Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,901 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
PlaneCrashGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The walls are surely closing in now (thread)

“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
Nitro Power
AG
It's comical that these Twitter blowhards think they always catch Musk in some sort of gotcha. Are they really that naive to think he is not smarter than them and has more money to spend on attorneys than anyone or any union ? They really that ignorant?
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Proc92
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Elon has a little experience in international labor laws with his little other hobby companies.
Mr President Elect
AG
You're relying on people with agendas to gain actual information. Doubtful they are not going by the letter of the law where needed. You guys act like Elon is just blindly acting on impulse. He has teams working for him that handle the nuances. Also, doubtful that the cost to lay these workers off will be more than the blanket 3 months offered. But… got him! I guess
Stat Monitor Repairman
TexAgs91 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Since this twitter deal was announced, now everybody hate Elon.
Depends on who you listen to. He seems to be getting a lot of love from everyone I know and Twitter usage is going up.
Elon has huge support. ... and new support. No question about that.

People that were indifferent on Elon before, now support Elon. That's the sense that I get.

Makes an effort to curtail ww3. Sends starlink. Generally tries to work on projects to advance humanity.

Tries to promote a platform for free speech.

And within a snap of a finger, the technocracy and NPCs come after the dude.

[the narrative being pushed is] Elon is a national security threat. Elon is a threat to democracy. Elon hates some group of people. Elon pisses in the face of European employment regulations.

Wild times we live in.

We've been desensitized to it all over the past few years.
nortex97
AG
I do hope Elon has good legal counsel, just because so may are 'gunning' for him, so to speak.
TexAgs91
AG

Elon is a national security threat. Elon is a threat to democracy.

Some context and translafion is needed there.

America is gone. So the nation he's a threat to is the new Marxist nation that has replaced it. And the "democracy" he's a threat to is a code word for their form of government.
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yep.

You got any amount of influence and break from the herd, they come after you hard and fast.

Technocracy got its thumb on anything that moves.

And clarified the above issue.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Mr President Elect said:

You're relying on people with agendas to gain actual information. Doubtful they are not going by the letter of the law where needed. You guys act like Elon is just blindly acting on impulse. He has teams working for him that handle the nuances. Also, doubtful that the cost to lay these workers off will be more than the blanket 3 months offered. But… got him! I guess

Check the emoji, I'm laughing at these buffoons.
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
fka ftc
nortex97 said:

I do hope Elon has good legal counsel, just because so may are 'gunning' for him, so to speak.
I am going to bet richest man, maybe also smartest man, with 10 kids by different women and is still richest man probably has good legal counsel.

Side note, Pence laid out the "legal advice" Trump was receiving changed drastically after the election. Trump's fault, Meadows' fault too it sounds like, and somewhat suspected / known but he put it forth pretty succinctly to Chuck Todd.
Stat Monitor Repairman

This wasn't in my Sunday school book where I was at.

But it probably should'a been.
Faustus
I think Rebel retweeted that one.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Free Alex Jones from the shackles of oppression.

No man should be banned from Twitter.

Twitter should be a public utility.

No speech should be banned. All speech should be allowed.

Freedom of speech should be absolute.
fka ftc
Its lost on people that the whole point of protecting free speech was to allow for dissent to be heard and to spread if that dissent became popular.

Outside of the property damage and the murder of Ashli Babbit, the mostly peaceful protest was an excellent example of what freedom of speech is to be.

It is to challenge and openly question government. Its meant to voice questions and concerns on vaccines and unlawful mandates. Freedom of speech is protesting to open hair salons and gyms. Free speech is election denying and actively questioning elections and asking for proof they were the most safe, secure ever (notice not much rhetoric from the Biden DOJ).

The left wants to censor dissenting speech by claiming rather falsely that misinformation is not free speech. It absolutely is. We need less protection on speech, not more.

Only way to do that is to open the megaphone of Twitter to all.
Teslag
AG

So do we just pay $44 billion to Elon with government tax money for this utility?
fka ftc
Teslag said:

So do we just pay $44 billion to Elon with government tax money for this utility?
Regulated like a public utility, not owned by the government.
will25u
nortex97
AG
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

Well…it's been run by the CIA since it was started supposedly….
Im Gipper
Quote:

Dear sweet Jesus NO!!

Let Elon run it how he wants! Who the hell are you, or the clowns in DC, to tell him what's best.

I miss the days when just the left loved the government.

I'm Gipper
Fairview
AG
Big shock.

will25u

titan
S
will25u said:

Why is it not surprising that Left activists in Big Tech broke a deal with him? Especially if Bidenites from the federal government were involved.
Adverse Event
American Hardwood
AG
fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

No thanks. I don't need my free speech platform regulated by the government. You will end up right back where we started with Twitter, fascism.
TRADUCTOR
I anoint Elon "Chief CrazyHorse Rider" Musk if he consummates the relationship.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
She may be stupid but she isn't ugly.
will25u

will25u
RED AG 98
AG
RED AG 98
AG
Wow. Preach it Brother Elon!

AggieMD95
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Wow. Preach it Brother Elon!

Boom
AggieMD95
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Actual Talking Thermos said:

For the record I think most likely Twitter will not just break completely and go offline. I also think this is objectively terrible management we're seeing.

eh. disagree on the bad management thing. this was basically a hostile takeover where all the employees were arguably propagandizing the world. true believers. going to take Elon time to weed out the globalist / DNC bourgeoisie
. Y. Losing some talent I'm sure. But majority of the quitters are dead weight
Dan Scott
AG
I hope Elon wrecks Kara swisher. She's one of those sheboss types that is so cringey
RED AG 98
AG
Was his tweet at her posted on this thread? He definitely went right at her on the SBF stuff.
fka ftc
American Hardwood said:

fka ftc said:

Teslag said:

No thanks. I don't need my free speech platform regulated by the government. You will end up right back where we started with Twitter, fascism.
Appreciate the sentiment, but its the government that ultimately decides free speech. Supposedly ours did with thee US Constitution.

The utilities were not regulated because they were doing the right thing. They were regulated because they REFUSED to do the right thing which is to grant free and fair access to the most basic "utilities" in life... starting with clean water, sewer and and reliable electricity. Telephones followed along with free national TV broadcasts which had followed public radio.

To not see Twitter and social media as an extension is to be blind, unwilling to open ones eyes and mind to times that change.

So do not see regulation of twitter as limiting its reach and platform. It is to ensure its reach and availability of the platform.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.