Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,922 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
txaggie_08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there a new deal to even accept?
will25u
Adverse Event
Agthatbuilds
Not a Bot
AG
Haven't seen confirmation, but apparently there's information out there circulating he's taking over as early as Friday.
Secolobo
AG
This should be glorious!!!
Demosthenes81
AG
Various accounts on Twitter report losing thousands of followers in a day. The massacre of the bots is in high gear.
HTownAg98
Private PoopyPants said:

Haven't seen confirmation, but apparently there's information out there circulating he's taking over as early as Friday.

Posted on the SEC website.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1418091/000110465922105787/tm2227435d1_ex99-s.htm
Iowaggie
AG
javajaws
AG
I think I just became a big Talulah Riley fan!

Quote:

The newly uncovered texts revealed that Riley encouraged Musk, 51, to buy Twitter and overhaul its moderation policies. The actress also expressed her views on political issues, including her desire to combat which she referred to as "woke-ism."

"Can you buy Twitter and then delete it, please!? xx," Riley whose many acting credits appearances in HBO's "Westworld" and the 2010 movie "Inception" wrote in one text dated March 23.

"Please do something to fight woke-ism." she wrote in another text, "I will do anything to help! xx."

Riley also decried Twitter's decision to permanently ban the account belonging to right-wing satirical site The Babylon Bee, which was de-platformed after the outlet refused to delete a tweet referring to Rachel Levine, the transgender Biden administration official, as "man of the year."

https://nypost.com/2022/10/04/elon-musks-ex-wife-talulah-riley-surfaces-in-twitter-deal-texts/
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
aggiehawg
AG
Now what?

Quote:

Elon Musk's lawyers said Thursday that Twitter is refusing to accept the Tesla billionaire's renewed $44 billion bid for the social media company and are asking a Delaware court to halt an upcoming trial.

Musk made a renewed offer to take over the social media platform earlier this week, hoping to end a protracted legal dispute that began when Musk tried to back out of the April deal and Twitter sued.
LINK
SwigAg11
AG
aggiehawg said:

Now what?

Quote:

Elon Musk's lawyers said Thursday that Twitter is refusing to accept the Tesla billionaire's renewed $44 billion bid for the social media company and are asking a Delaware court to halt an upcoming trial.

Musk made a renewed offer to take over the social media platform earlier this week, hoping to end a protracted legal dispute that began when Musk tried to back out of the April deal and Twitter sued.
LINK

Trying to get more money out of it? Is that a thing at this stage?
aggiehawg
AG
I think Twitter doesn't Musk in control before the midterms? They want to censor and deplatform people to interfere in the election?
TAMUallen
AG
aggiehawg said:

I think Twitter doesn't Musk in control before the midterms? They want to censor and deplatform people to interfere in the election?

No doubt. Coupled with greed.
infinity ag
Musk is crazy.
I hope he opens up Trump's account though.
C@LAg
aggiehawg said:

at this point, likely there is no way it would have changed hands before election day one way or the other.
Premium
AG
C@LAg said:

aggiehawg said:

there is no way it would have changed hands before election day one way or the other.

Doesn't matter if it does or doesn't. Too short of a time to weed out all of the bad actors that will gladly risk termination to undermine the elections.
aggiehawg
AG
Premium said:

C@LAg said:

aggiehawg said:

there is no way it would have changed hands before election day one way or the other.

Doesn't matter if it does or doesn't. Too short of a time to weed out all of the bad actors that will gladly risk termination to undermine the elections.
He doesn't have to weed them out he just needs his people in to reverse those decisions and remove authority to make them in the future.
HTownAg98
aggiehawg said:

Now what?

Quote:

LINK

This may give some insight. https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23126697/twitter-response-to-motion-to-stay-twitter-v-musk.pdf Evidently Musk won't give them a closing date. That may be part of the reason why.
Regardless, the judge stayed everything until October 28th. If it doesn't close by then, and they have to set a date in November, I can imagine the judge won't be happy the deal didn't close.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

A Delaware Chancery Court judge has imposed an October 28 deadline on Elon Musk to close his deal with Twitter if he wants to avoid a trial, following the former's offer to close the deal at the original price of $54.20 per share. According to Twitter, Musk "should be arranging to close on Monday, October 10," but is instead refusing to "commit to any closing date."
LINK
will25u
fka ftc
It was told to me back when Biden took office that their goal was to resume the Obama plan of using every single alphabet agency and executive authority to hurt businesses, oil and gas, and political enemies. Its sad and frightening to see it progressing everyday.

The anti-americans represented by Biden and his ilk must be stopped, then dismantled / castrated - permanently.

Enough is enough.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
YouBet
AG
Musk going to get Kanye'd. I believe that was predicted in this thread and here we are.
C@LAg
YouBet said:

Musk going to get Kanye'd. I believe that was predicted in this thread and here we are.
You mean "Martha Stewarted".

So he cannot be CEO of his companies like what happened to her.
YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

YouBet said:

You mean "Martha Stewarted".

So he cannot be CEO of his companies like what happened to her.
Why not both?
C@LAg
will25u said:

laughs in Nancy Pelosi.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
fka ftc said:

It was told to me back when Biden took office that their goal was to resume the Obama plan of using every single alphabet agency and executive authority to hurt businesses, oil and gas, and political enemies. Its sad and frightening to see it progressing everyday.

The anti-americans represented by Biden and his ilk must be stopped, then dismantled / castrated - permanently.

Enough is enough.

Who is going to carry out these castrations?
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
will25u
The worm has really turned.

will25u
will25u
akm91
AG
Thanks for self identifying the first round of layoffs
TexAg1987
Or what? You will quit?

I doubt you will get more than 75% to follow.

Failing to see what the downside for Musk is.
Irish 2.0
will25u said:

rgag12
AG
I'd fire 50% of them, get new people in, have the old 50% train them, then fire the other 50% that escaped the first firings
TexasAggie_02
AG

they mad

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.