Elon makes all-cash offer to take Twitter private

290,884 Views | 2673 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TRADUCTOR
Houston Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No way. For all of its foibles, Twitter is subject to about a million foreign and domestic laws and regulations. That means they have to keep data on hand. Same thing for their insurance carriers. So as much as they might want to scrub whatever damning materials inside of their systems, they can't.
Caveat here: As the new owner, a lot of that becomes his problem if they did.
Successor liability arises when the acquiring company is liable and responsible for the obligations of the target company
Not if it wasn't disclosed.
American Hardwood
AG
Harry Stone said:

i hope musk does not move twitter hq to texas.
I was think this would be the easiest way to purge. Just announce that the headquarters are being moved to a sparsely furnished, 80,000SF pre-engineered metal building just outside of Cotulla. The employment problem would just take care of itself.
titan
S
American Hardwood said:

Harry Stone said:

i hope musk does not move twitter hq to texas.
I was think this would be the easiest way to purge. Just announce that the headquarters are being moved to a sparsely furnished, 80,000SF pre-engineered metal building just outside of Cotulla. The employment problem would just take care of itself.
Exactly like propose a GOP Congress do with the FBI and other alphabets. Instead of complicated legislation having to possibly go through Biden, just cut salaries to ridiculously low levels and put the HQ in a place not desired.
Rockdoc
AG
These kind of leftists are scum. Doing the right thing or legal thing never stands in their way. Expect foul play.
Clown Baby
FTAG 2000 said:

LOL, the hate on Vijaya's face. Love it.

Adios, you commie trash.

She showed the world who she was on JRE. Was a miserable, vindictive, cynical individual.

See ya.

Edit: Although I don't think she's pictured there.
YouBet
AG
Premium said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

What is going to be really interesting in the fall out of all of this is all of the email and other company communications that Elon now owns.

I'm sure all of the emails from the DNC and biden administration agencies asking twitter to censor information and shape narrative for them will prove to be some interesting reading.

You don't think they scrubbed it almost 100% clean?
aggiehawg
AG
coconutED
AG
captkirk
AG
will25u
If they were hiding something as y'all suggest, they would have to get rid of all backups also.

I don't really think it is that feasible to destroy all backups without getting caught.

I am highly skeptical that they got rid of much that couldn't be retrieved from a backup.
texagbeliever
You'd run into other issues with it as well. No smart executive would send an email saying "hey delete all this incriminating stuff". And no IT staffer is going to delete all that information (likely limited in access) without cover with an email.
will25u
This is Trumps TRUE post about Twitter.

Mr Mojo Risin
AG
coconutED said:

Love Roger Rabbit.
Aggies2009
AG
TexAgs91
AG
coconutED said:

OMG! I'm crying
America the Beautiful
1776 - 2020
HTownAg98
Aggies2009 said:

With a likely 8 figure or bigger golden parachute. We should all be so lucky.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
I don't care how much he's getting, just so he's gone.
Stinky T
AG
captkirk said:

If Musk believes they have been hoodwinking investors and advertisers, then yes, one of the first things he should do is fire the CFO.
FTAG 2000
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Aggies2009 said:

With a likely 8 figure or bigger golden parachute. We should all be so lucky.
Eh. If Elon is right on the fraud with respect to bots, true user counts, etc., Parag and Vijayjay won't get a dime.
ballchain
HTownAg98
Law Hall 69-72 said:

I don't care how much he's getting, just so he's gone.

Same. But let's not act like he's going to be panhandling in Silicon Valley.
will25u
captkirk
AG
Demosthenes81
AG
captkirk said:

Should someone tell her that throwing open the gates of Hell, i.e. the harrowing of Hell, is actually a good thing in Christian theology?
Deplorable
will25u said:

Oh man, put Trump and Ye on the council.
TRADUCTOR
will25u said:

The Star Chamber.
LMCane
Houston Lee said:

LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No way. For all of its foibles, Twitter is subject to about a million foreign and domestic laws and regulations. That means they have to keep data on hand. Same thing for their insurance carriers. So as much as they might want to scrub whatever damning materials inside of their systems, they can't.
Successor liability arises when the acquiring company is liable and responsible for the obligations of the target company
that's not correct.

at least that is not correct in general corporate law (I'm a corporate attorney).

when we acquire a company, as I have done three times in the last few years, if they have violations of the ITAR, or the EAR, or the FAR then my parent company may be held liable for those violations. Even if not disclosed. It happens all the time.
akm91
AG
TexAgs91 said:

TRADUCTOR said:

A Musk Twitter payment app to replace that PayPal nonsense.

Coming full circle. I like that
Well that may happen

"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
jh0400
AG
javajaws said:

aggiehawg said:

What I don't understand is the whole "firehose" of data Twiiter supposedly gave Musk throughout the process, yet Elon still needs his guys to review even more code? What kind of game was Twitter playing there?
The "firehose" of data was specifically for accessing user data - account info, etc. to find bot stats. It was NOT about viewing the source code that makes up their software. Now, I have no doubt that they viewed some of that source code before as part of due diligence. But in a semi-hostile takeover like this you have to get in there and take a look at EVERYTHING as of this point in time. You just don't know what you might have missed or what might have been done/added since you looked at it.

The acquirer rarely, if ever, gets access to source code as part of diligence. Most of the time they will contract with a third-party to perform security and quality assessments.
jh0400
AG
LMCane said:

Houston Lee said:

LMCane said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

that's not correct.

at least that is not correct in general corporate law (I'm a corporate attorney).

when we acquire a company, as I have done three times in the last few years, if they have violations of the ITAR, or the EAR, or the FAR then my parent company may be held liable for those violations. Even if not disclosed. It happens all the time.

That's what reps and warranties insurance is for.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

The acquirer rarely, if ever, gets access to source code as part of diligence. Most of the time they will contract with a third-party to perform security and quality assessments
I guess what I was alluding to is having enough data to know the end result of what the algos produced and deducing a lot from that.
aTm2004
AG
BlackLab
AG
oneeyedag
The last line was gold

TyHolden
AG
fake?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.