Outdoors
Sponsored by

Bender's Big AR-15 & Semi Auto Shilling Thread

504,112 Views | 2919 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by robstrom
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I may have asked this before but looking for some ammo recs on 300blk.

I don't need anything match grade and am not looking to spend $1/rd+. Just looking for reasonably priced, quality ammo. It's going through a Texian Armadillo SBR build.

Supersonic: hogs, varmints, maybe an exotic at night. Leaning towards a 110gr or 125gr but open for suggestions.

Brand?
Grain?

Subsonic: primarily just plinking and occasional varmint gun

Brand?
Grain? (Leaning 208, but open)
MTxTwelve
pedcom said:

My spouse has given me the go-ahead to do a nice AR15 build. I'm stuck on choosing a barrel. My choice would be an 18" barrel with a rifle length gas system chambered for 223 Wylde. It should also be lightweight. Any recommendations?
Check out green mountain barrels... Plenty of flavors to choose from in the 18" category
Furlock Bones
AG
http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

$110 for Geissele G2S trigger.
HumbleAg04
AG
Lots of "cheap" 220 gr subs on the market. Hell you can buy them at Academy. Some higher quality stuff out there and I've been happy with the Headwaters subs I got from FOG.

You'll see a lot of 208gr AMAX subs out there but I question the expansion you actually get using an expensive bullet like that.
CTGilley
AG
Only one decision left to make. What barrel to put on my .300 BLK Pistol (Until Stamped) Build.

I am thinking 10 in but I am not suck on it. I want a stainless finish. Any recommendations or advise is appreciated.

The Wonderer
AG
CTGilley said:

Only one decision left to make. What barrel to put on my .300 BLK Pistol (Until Stamped) Build.

I am thinking 10 in but I am not suck on it. I want a stainless finish. Any recommendations or advise is appreciated.

Are you going to SBR and suppress?

8" is the shortest I'd go. You shouldn't see any degradation of bullet performance from 10" down to 8", just slight less velocity. 9" is generally thought of as the optimal length as the 300 blk was designed for that length.

I'm running a 10" on mine, but will probably buy a shorter barrel when I get a suppressor.
Naveronski
AG
CTGilley said:

9"

Does Ballistic Advantage make one that fits that criteria?
CTGilley
AG
I do plan to suppress at some point. 9 Is fine also I just have not seen as many of them around. Ballistic Advantage does not have one that fits what I am looking for.
230Ag
AG
CTGilley
AG
Found the parts kit and it came in.

I hope it looks as good as I think it will. I would be putting it together now but I got delayed. But I will pick them up to night and get started.

Finally got the picture to work. It has been a while.
Guitarsoup
AG
mts6175
SoTXAg09
AG
Guitarsoup said:

My brother did the exact same thing to his truck.
Furlock Bones
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

Guitarsoup said:

My brother did the exact same thing to his truck.
how, just how?
Puryear Playboy
AG
Sight offset. It's a *****.
AgLA06
AG
Puryear Playboy said:

Sight offset. It's a *****.

And non-flat car hoods.
MTxTwelve
This is hilarious

ETA: Look at that guy's muzzle brake... is it just me or does it seem canted?
Furlock Bones
AG
MTxTwelve said:

This is hilarious

ETA: Look at that guy's muzzle brake... is it just me or does it seem canted?
i think that is just poor video quality.
MTxTwelve
I think you're right. Otherwise we'd see all sorts of bits and pieces flying off the brake.
TheVarian
AG
Is that Scootch?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Forgive my lack of tactical nomenclature, but what exactly are you referring to?
SoTXAg09
AG
Shooting across the hood at a 'yote. Just barely caught it, but gouged it pretty good.
CTGilley
AG
Naveronski said:

CTGilley said:

9"

Does Ballistic Advantage make one that fits that criteria?
I ended up ordering the BA 10.3" Hanson. On Sale
Only thing left is a rail/handguard. I saw one I liked in a shop Friday but had not settled on a barrel. Went back yesterday and it was gone. Darn! I want one that will stop just short of the threads.
Any advise/preferences?
Mateo84
AG
TheVarian said:

Is that Scootch?
Sootch ... yes

You can see the video on youtube
MTxTwelve
Had both of the SR25's out this weekend. Buddy of mine took some neat pics and video (better than I could ever do)

And some other stuff...

https://instagr.am/p/BOLzIu_j6sy
bam02
AG
Nice! What was the distance in your first video?
MTxTwelve
A little over 300 yards, which is nothing for either of those SR's. I was shooting XM80 ball in that video
ghollow
Bazooka Joe
AG
Can anyone recommend a 6.5" quad rail for an AR10 for under $100? I thought this would be an easy find, but everything I find at a low price point is for AR15s.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I'm assuming one that fits a delta ring?
Bazooka Joe
AG
I started with the DPMS Oracle 308...you'd probably know this answer better than me.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Bazooka Joe said:

I started with the DPMS Oracle 308...you'd probably know this answer better than me.
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/forend-amp-handguard-parts/handguards-amp-rails/308-ar-carbine-quad-rail-free-float-handguard-prod77893.aspx?avs%7cMake_3=AR%2520xzzx308

Free float. If you don't feel comfortable doing it and are in houston, as long as we can get the pins out, we can install for $50 and there ya go.
Bazooka Joe
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Bazooka Joe said:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/forend-amp-handguard-parts/handguards-amp-rails/308-ar-carbine-quad-rail-free-float-handguard-prod77893.aspx?avs%7cMake_3=AR%2520xzzx308

Free float. If you don't feel comfortable doing it and are in houston, as long as we can get the pins out, we can install for $50 and there ya go.

Thanks, Binder! It's ordered and on the way. If I have trouble with the install, I will bring it by.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Alright I need an opinion.... what kind of case do yall use to carry your AR? I had my mind set on a hard sided Plano case from Academy but my brother bought me a soft sided case for Christmas. I don't like asking people how I can return their gifts...or showing up with something similar but different than what I was given. What should I do outdoor board?
dubi
AG
Multiple soft cases with the Velcro slots on the outside for mags.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.