***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,556 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
investorAg83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bcanales05 said:

Per CBS Sports, Frazier is out and now Donovan Wilson gets his chance to make a name for himself.

Gig'Em Donovan Wilson and show em you mean business!
I've been wondering what the status has been for Wilson; looks like he played some special teams snaps against Miami but didn't take the field vs NO. I figured he had done enough in the preseason to earn at least some PT at safety.

Wally Pipp'em, Dono!
bonfarr
AG
Wilson was inactive for the NO game. They typically only place 4 safeties on the active roster and Frazier is better at special teams.
jr15aggie
AG
Since he was a Freshman, Donovan's had a knack for doing the one thing this Dallas defense has lacked in recent years... he takes the ball away from the offense!!!!!
Ag Natural
AG
bonfarr said:

Wilson was inactive for the NO game. They typically only place 4 safeties on the active roster and Frazier is better at special teams.

I find this a bit surprising. Dono played ST all 4 years at A&M and was often quite dominant. I'm guessing he just didnt get enough reps in camp due to the injury.
PatAg
AG
From what I remember, Wilson was making plays in the preseason and then got hurt at the end.
Grapesoda2525
For some strange reason, I think the cowboys actually like Jeff heath. I'd have to guess that unbiased experts don't grade him very well tho. Could be wrong.
PooDoo
AG
I was afraid Fredrick might be having problems
bonfarr
AG
Eric McCoy in the 2nd Rd would have made better sense then Trysten Hill and McGovern in the 3rd. .Neither of those 2 picks are going to help us this year.
bonfarr
AG
I got a Fantasy update on Gallup, his status has changed from Out to Questionable so it appears he is close to a return. Let's see if he practices this week.
jr15aggie
AG
bonfarr said:

I got a Fantasy update on Gallup, his status has changed from Out to Questionable so it appears he is close to a return. Let's see if he practices this week.
His loss has definitely been felt. Cowboys have to do a better job down the road dealing with injuries if they want to compete in December & January. They are going to happen. But it's clear we are noticeably better with Gallop.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

His loss has definitely been felt. Cowboys have to do a better job down the road dealing with injuries if they want to compete in December & January. They are going to happen. But it's clear we are noticeably better with Gallop.
Garrett is our Achilles heel in both big regular season games and playoff games.
jr15aggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

Garrett is our Achilles heel in both big regular season games and playoff games.

Garrett didn't fumble on two key third down conversions... that was Witt and Zeke, two of the better players in our team's history.
bonfarr
AG
If you guys don't have a sub to The Athletic I would highly recommend it for Bob Sturm's Cowboys game tape breakdown. He doesn't pull punches and calls it as the tape sees it.

The Saints whipped us because we couldn't beat a 7 man box with a numerical advantage to the offense all night, mostly due to piss poor play by Frederick and Martin. Probably the worst performances of their careers . The Saints safeties never moved up and didn't react to play action at all and that's why we couldn't get anyone open.

I wonder if a healthy Joe Looney is better than a 75% healthy Frederick right now.

He shows multiple examples of where the right play was called which should have been a positive play for us based on the defensive alignment but due to breakdowns on the OL we took a negative play killing drives. On some of them we got whipped trying to run against a 6 man front
jr15aggie
AG
I'd agree on that. I did a DVR rewind on a Zeke run to figure out what the hell was happening. Off tackle to the left side. Brown completely split a Fred/Martin double team... like they weren't even there bad... and cut Zeke down at the line of scrimmage. Probably would have been a nice 5-10 yard run.

Absolutely abysmal offense, in particular, the line. Their worse game by far since that Denver beat down in 17. The only difference in this game was the opposing offense wasn't any good so it was a close game.

The sad part is we got exactly what we wanted. The teams finally start respecting our passing abilities and then our run game turned to S&*#
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
What's wrong with Frederick? The same stuff from last year or something else?
bonfarr
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

What's wrong with Frederick? The same stuff from last year or something else?

He just doesn't have the strength and power he used to have. He was unable to lift weights for almost a year and his body just hasn't fully recovered to his old form.
Grapesoda2525
I'm not worried.....

The eagles ran all over the packers at lambeau and the eagles running game is mediocre at best. We should be able to score on the packers.
bonfarr
AG
Probably the crappiest play of the night was first and 10 on our final drive. NO rushed 4 against our 5 OL and the DT beats Martin and causing Williams to have to pick him up freeing another guy to make the sack. We lost the yardage and 30 seconds off the clock. Take away that play and we most likely have time to set up a field goal to win it.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
mike_ags_fan12 said:

Am I alone believing Zeke is playing like trash? There is just no more burst out of him.
He got paid, mang. Aint no desire no more.
Saint Pablo
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

mike_ags_fan12 said:

Am I alone believing Zeke is playing like trash? There is just no more burst out of him.
He got paid, mang. Aint no desire no more.
Just like Jimbo and coaching here
I'll take my chances with Jimbo. He's never been suspended and nearly suspended for doing stupid stuff.
Saint Pablo
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace said:

I'll take my chances with Jimbo. He's never been suspended and nearly suspended for doing stupid stuff.
I'm not being serious, I think Jimbo is going to take us to new heights.

I think Zeke will perform better too. Maybe just having difficulty adjusting from Cabo workouts to real football.
dave94
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

So we haven't won any big regular season games the last 2 out of 3 years. I guess on the road at Atlanta and at home v. the Saints last year doesn't count anymore?

I understand that Garrett isn't Sean Payton, but he gets zero credit for wins and all the blame for losses from some of y'all.

PooDoo
AG
I was just thinking Jerry must feel terrible after this weekend watching the Hogs and Cowboys stink it up.
expresswrittenconsent
dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

So we haven't won any big regular season games the last 2 out of 3 years. I guess on the road at Atlanta and at home v. the Saints last year doesn't count anymore?

I understand that Garrett isn't Sean Payton, but he gets zero credit for wins and all the blame for losses from some of y'all.

He is a known quantity. If you want to see cartwheels and high fives for winning 8 games, you're going to be disappointed, because that isnt how the internet works. A decade in and he hasn't sniffed a conf title game, let alone any thoughts of actually winning a super bowl. That is the goal and he isnt good enough to come close to achieving it.

Heres a little red meat for the 6 of you who run around making dozens upon dozens of posts on this thread complaining about how underrated and mistreated poor old Jason Garrett is - last year in the playoffs he outcoached a guy with a
super bowl ring. Sure, the next week a 10yr old coach and a 77 year old running back dominated him, but still, for that one day he coached circles around pete carroll.
gigem1223
expresswrittenconsent said:

dave94 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

bonfarr said:

He is a known quantity. If you want to see cartwheels and high fives for winning 8 games, you're going to be disappointed, because that isnt how the internet works. A decade in and he hasn't sniffed a conf title game, let alone any thoughts of actually winning a super bowl. That is the goal and he isnt good enough to come close to achieving it.

Heres a little red meat for the 6 of you who run around making dozens upon dozens of posts on this thread complaining about how underrated and mistreated poor old Jason Garrett is - last year in the playoffs he outcoached a guy with a
super bowl ring. Sure, the next week a 10yr old coach and a 77 year old running back dominated him, but still, for that one day he coached circles around pete carroll.

Here's some facts for ya.

- Only one other coach has more wins since 2016 than red. (I'll save the math for ya, that doesn't equate to 8 wins a year)
- 10-1divisional record in his last 11
- 3 division titles in the last 5 years.

The rams were a better team last season. Is Garrett the best coach? No. But he's certainly not a bad or even average coach. His coaching record is proof of that.
expresswrittenconsent
Weird, you seem to think i said he averaged 8-8 over the last 3 years. I dont know whether it was your agenda or lack of intelligence but I was discussing his entire era and his (lack of) ability to win a super bowl. Do you have any secret facts to share about his record as a head coach in conf title games and super bowls?

Since he has the best record in the nfl over your silly timeframe, why is he coaching for his job this year? Why did jerry (who just gave a rb 100m and pays everybody) refuse to extend his contract?

Hmmm
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
For some reason I really wasn't that upset or put off by Sunday nights game.

Its just one game, and I felt like the Cowboys were actually the better team that just shi* themselves with some bad mistakes. Granted, Brees wasn't playing this time, I do like Dallas' chances to beat them if they play again in Dallas.

Also, for a young team like this, a loss may not be the worst thing to happen. Lets em refocus, and reminds them they certainly cannot just show up and expect to win. Still very excited to see how this season plays out.
Macarthur
agree 100%
Macarthur
The thing that I hope comes out of this, is that while the OL is good, it is not a dominate force that can run against anyone. So, hopefully, the coaches will acknowledge that and be more willing to adjust and game plan for those adjustments moving forward.
TyHolden
AG
Heard this morning dak had trouble audible-ing in first half so had to do away with it in second half. Very little motion. Linnehan offense. Tough game. We'll win this week.
Macarthur
NO doubt that is a hard place to play. Really don't want to go there for a playoff game.
jr15aggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

For some reason I really wasn't that upset or put off by Sunday nights game.

Its just one game, and I felt like the Cowboys were actually the better team....

...Also, for a young team like this, a loss may not be the worst thing to happen. Lets em refocus...

I'll harken back to the '92 team... we stroll into our 4th game feeling very good about ourselves, but facing a very good Philly team. Monday Night Football. They kicked our ass. Their defense in particular just shut us down. Every yard gained running was a fight. Every catch we made there was a defender tackling us immediately.

As a young kid I remember thinking after, "well, I guess it's not our year, it's Philly's year. They are too good, we can't compete".

And then we kicked the crap out of them 34-10 in the playoffs on our way to the SB.

If Brees had played in this game it would have been very similar instead of a close game. It would have been an ass kicking.

But I agree you need these growing pains games. I hate watching it, but I'll sit back and see how they respond.

bonfarr
AG
Ah, the '92 playoffs. I still enjoy thinking about the Bills comeback vs the Oilers Watching that game I was awestruck that a collapse of that magnitude was possible with the winning teams starting QB out if the game.
DSAg44 said:

Heard this morning dak had trouble audible-ing in first half so had to do away with it in second half. Very little motion. Linnehan offense. Tough game. We'll win this week.
If the offense is incapable of being able to audible on the road in a packed venue, that is on the coaching staff.
Boy Wonder aint all that if this is true.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.