***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

282,238 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

The Rams are decent but not great. Frankly, I think a bit overrated this year. Dallas hit on all cylinders vs an overrated team last week.
And the Rams no showed and didn't get up over average to below average Dallas. They have also not been a very good road team all season. Blew a huge lead to SF this week and are not even going to the playoffs.
gigem1223
Well on the bright side, this loss all but assures JG is done, our draft position improved significantly, and probably saves us some money on Dak/ cooper.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
gigem1223 said:

Well on the bright side, this loss all but assures JG is done, our draft position improved significantly, and probably saves us some money on Dak/ cooper.
This team is going to still overpay for Dak and the frustrating part is they may have no choice. When all is said and done I think history will tell us it gave bad contracts to Elliott and J. Smith. Smith is far from an elite LB and and Elliott will at some point start wearing down. Heck, even the Demarcus Lawrence contract so far isn't really paying dividends. Adding a bad Dak contract to the mix and potentially a bad Cooper contract too.....and this team might be carrying some really bad contracts going forward prohibiting them from making moves that are needed down the road.
Wheatables02
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

The Rams are decent but not great. Frankly, I think a bit overrated this year. Dallas hit on all cylinders vs an overrated team last week.

They're better than the ****ing Eagles. They were fighting for their playoff chances. We kicked their ass. Then rolled over and died against a dumpster fire vull**** team.

Course this same team lost to the mother ****ing jets, so why am I surprised. B

They are? When healthy, the eagles beat the Packers at lambeau and the bills in Buffalo earlier in the year... But then lost to ATL and Miami... Who knows??
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Garrett should have been fired 6 weeks ago. Not firing him after tonight is just insane

I'm no attorney, but why fire JG when his contract expires after this season and we've got one game left? Might as well ride it out and not resign him. Probably better for your competitive position to not fire him and hope another franchise searching for a coach picks him up.

Ha. Who would pick him up?
BenFiasco14
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

TriAg2010 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Garrett should have been fired 6 weeks ago. Not firing him after tonight is just insane

I'm no attorney, but why fire JG when his contract expires after this season and we've got one game left? Might as well ride it out and not resign him. Probably better for your competitive position to not fire him and hope another franchise searching for a coach picks him up.

A&M as a QBs coach?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Macarthur
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

TriAg2010 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

No doubt JG will have a HC job in this league if he wants it. He's like 15 games over.500. Several franchises would kill for that.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Macarthur said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

TriAg2010 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

No doubt JG will have a HC job in this league if he wants it. He's like 15 games over.500. Several franchises would kill for that.

We'll see, I guess.
Grapesoda2525
Might as well root for the skids next week.

We would get the best draft position possible for the new coaching staff.
Grapesoda2525

The problem is coaching Jerruh. Coaching!
DannyDuberstein
AG
The problem is beyond coaching. They've got guys who got paid and aren't hungry.
Confucius
Macarthur said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

TriAg2010 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

10 years in the league and 0 conference championship appearances. Hard pass
expresswrittenconsent
Macarthur said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

TriAg2010 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Please list them. Please also post how long you expect JG to be not an NFL head coach. Since several franchises would kill for JG I assume this is a very easy exercise for you and we can expect a bidding war to begin when multiple teams get a shot at their dream coach.
Macarthur
It's been said a couple of times on the ticket that rumor has it the giants would scoop him up. Many think he has a good relationship w the Mara's.

I think Jax would be interested. Carolina. clev.
Macarthur
And I said several franchises would kill for 15 games over .500 and 3 division titles in 5 years.

Look, I'm not defending JG, I'm simply saying that is the state of the league. There aren't just an S ton of great coaches sitting around waiting to get hired.
ac04
he might be out of the league for one year but he'll eventually get another shot somewhere. not saying i agree he should but i'd be surprised if he didn't.
Macarthur
Of course he will. Look at some of the folks that get jobs in this league.
ac
In a worst case scenario, JG will land a job as an OC or QB coach w/another NFL team.

Another head coaching job? Depends on what other teams think. Do they view him as being Jerry's puppet? Or do they consider him to be a chronic underachiever? Or will someone pull the experience card and give him another chance? It worked for Belichick.
Macarthur
The best description I've heard of JG is that he will make a bad team decent. He can move a team from decent/good to great.

I think he can pitch to a team that without JJ, he could have been better. He might be right. I doubt it but I can hear him make that pitch to another franchise.
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

The best description I've heard of JG is that he will make a bad team decent. He can move a team from decent/good to great.

I think he can pitch to a team that without JJ, he could have been better. He might be right. I doubt it but I can hear him make that pitch to another franchise.
His conservative schtick could work in places where they expect to lose and just don't want to get blown out. Places like Cleveland or Jacksonville. He's a terrible coach to have if you actually want to win championships tho. Which is always the stated goal of the cowboys.
BMX Bandit
Macarthur said:

When did he ever make a team great?
Macarthur
Sorry. Should say "can't" take a team to great.
ac
My impression of Garrett was that he could lead a team into the playoffs, but not be able to advance very far in them. He can't even accomplish that now despite a pathetic NFC East.
Macarthur
In fairness, there is still a chance they make the playoffs. Philly sucks too so them losing next week in NY is not a stretch.

It would be so JG for that to happen and the guy would have 4 NFC East titles in 6 years and not be retained by his team. That would be something.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Garrett is the very definition of mediocre. And I think Garrett gets too much credit for the overall record. He had a luxury that many coaches don't for most of that time -> a good qb. It's a crime that they never accomplished more with Romo.
investorAg83
AG
ac said:

My impression of Garrett was that he could lead a team into the playoffs, but not be able to advance very far in them. He can't even accomplish that now despite a pathetic NFC East.
If there is some advanced analytic to show the value of in-game coaching decisions that determine W or L, his score would have to be astronomically low.
MooreTrucker
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

TriAg2010 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

it's already pretty much established that the Giants would take him hours after the announcement that he's not coming back to Dallas. They're just waiting for things to be official.
BMX Bandit
Where is that "pretty much established"?

It's a rumor based On guessing
Macarthur
DannyDuberstein said:

Garrett is the very definition of mediocre. And I think Garrett gets too much credit for the overall record. He had a luxury that many coaches don't for most of that time -> a good qb. It's a crime that they never accomplished more with Romo.

No doubt. Frustrating to think what Romo could have done with competent coaching.
MooreTrucker
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Where is that "pretty much established"?

It's a rumor based On guessing
Well of course nothing official, but....

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/jason-garrett-potentially-in-play-for-giants-with-jerry-jones-refusing-to-commit-to-him-for-2020/312057986

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/giants-reportedly-emerging-as-a-landing-spot-for-jason-garrett-if-cowboys-and-coach-were-to-part-ways/

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/24/new-york-giants-would-be-interested-in-jason-garrett-if-fired-by-cowboys/
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think there is a chance this team has once again started to fall into the practice of giving bad expensive contracts out that become prohibitive to future success.

DLaw: underwhelming since new deal
Zeke: underwhelming since new deal
Jaylon Smith: gave somewhat of a home town discount I guess, but he is really struggling in coverage

I'm ok with the Lael Collins and Zach Martin deals .

Now, they are faced with other new deals where players are going to want to get paid like they are one of the best at their positions and they really aren't. Dak and Cooper. The cap is going up yes, but it goes up for EVERYONE. So that'll raise the market cost of getting new players in.
BMX Bandit
All 3 articles have Rappapott tweet as the basis

None says Garrett would get the job.

Both sides being interested is many miles away from it being established he'd get the job immediately
Macarthur

I think there is a chance this team has once again started to fall into the practice of giving bad expensive contracts out that become prohibitive to future success.

DLaw: underwhelming since new deal
Zeke: underwhelming since new deal
Jaylon Smith: gave somewhat of a home town discount I guess, but he is really struggling in coverage

I'm ok with the Lael Collins and Zach Martin deals .

Now, they are faced with other new deals where players are going to want to get paid like they are one of the best at their positions and they really aren't. Dak and Cooper. The cap is going up yes, but it goes up for EVERYONE. So that'll raise the market cost of getting new players in.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/10/16/film-room-why-demarcus-lawrence-isnt-playing-as-poorly-as-his-sack-total-suggests/

Actually, I would argue DLaw is having a good year. PFF thinks he's been pretty good.

Zeke actually is second in advanced rushing and is on pace for another 1300+ yards.

I don't think those two have been the issue.

Jaylon is a huge concern for me.

One huge thing that I don't think gets talked about enough is how poor their special teams are. Sturm was talking about this last week...they are like last or next to last in average starting field position. So what this says is that Dallas has to go, in some cases, 20 yards more than most teams to get in scoring position. That puts enourmos pressure on your offense. Part of that is lack of turnovers, too.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Some of that is special teams. But some of that is that they have an incredibly non-disruptive defense. 15 turnovers which is pathetic and essentially bottom of the league. The top quartile in the league has basically twice that. They never generate a short field.
Agnzona
His lack of awareness during games and leadership to take control during them should alarm any team thinking of hiring him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.