***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,166 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Grapesoda2525
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I keep opening this thread hoping to see Fitzpatrick traded to the good guys. Alabama kids seem to do well on our team.

Cooper and that linebacker I forgot his name are the recent success stories.
jr15aggie
AG
McClain? Not sure I would use the word successful lol.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

McClain? Not sure I would use the word successful lol.
He played well while he was here.
jr15aggie
AG
Haha, he did play well. We just couldn't help him with his crazy head issues.
Panama Red
AG
With 5th year option, you can keep him through 2022.

Worth a 1st for sure
jr15aggie
AG
Panama Red said:

With 5th year option, you can keep him through 2022.

Worth a 1st for sure

Just like Zeke...
jr15aggie
AG
All jokes aside, I just find it hard to believe they are gonna let him go without getting a crap tone of value in return.

After Houston gave away their 2020 & 21 draft for Tunsil, I'm not sure a single 1st rounder impresses the Fins much.
Ag Natural
AG
I wouldn't make that trade for a 1st. We know Miami is tanking and trying to acquire picks. Give em a 4 and a 5.

I'd also wait to see how Dono looks when he gets back.
ac04
why would miami do that? makes no sense for them
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think a contender is going to give up a 2nd or 3rd for Fitzpatrick. If I'm Dallas, and I truly think Fitzpatrick is good, I easily trade a 2nd no questions asked.
bonfarr
AG
Ag Natural said:

I wouldn't make that trade for a 1st. We know Miami is tanking and trying to acquire picks. Give em a 4 and a 5.

I'd also wait to see how Dono looks when he gets back.

You are nuts if you think they will take a 4th and a 5th.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Jimmy Conway
I also think its nuts to not be willing to trade more than a 4th or 5th for him if you are a Safety away from being on track to win the conference. Makes no sense to pass up filling that void, in exchange for drafting a prospect that may or may not work out at some point down the road.
Seven Costanza
AG
There doesn't seem to be a good place to put this, but I thought it was interesting. I was listening to Ryen Russillo's new podcast yesterday and his guest, Trent Dilfer, talked about how his OC with the Browns in 2005 (Maurice Carthon) was the single worst coach he's ever seen. He said he didn't understand basic coverages, didn't install a plan, no audible packages, etc. The players and position coaches were out there just making stuff up on the fly. I don't think I've ever heard a player rip a coach for incompetence in such a detailed way before.

If you're interested, it was around the 30:00 mark of the podcast.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Seven Costanza said:

There doesn't seem to be a good place to put this, but I thought it was interesting. I was listening to Ryen Russillo's new podcast yesterday and his guest, Trent Dilfer, talked about how his OC with the Browns in 2005 (Maurice Carthon) was the single worst coach he's ever seen. He said he didn't understand basic coverages, didn't install a plan, no audible packages, etc. The players and position coaches were out there just making stuff up on the fly. I don't think I've ever heard a player rip a coach for incompetence in such a detailed way before.

If you're interested, it was around the 30:00 mark of the podcast.

Haven't listened to that episode yet, but Dilfer has been pretty open and honest about every aspect of his career, especially about himself.

Regarding Carthon, guy has been out of coaching since 2012. Clearly Dilfer isn't the only person that feels this way.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Carthon was just some meathead that Parcells liked. So he managed to ride Parcells coattails for awhile, then the league figured out he was useless. Carthon was also only 50ish years old when he had that last job in 2012, so yeah, it's not like he's really some guy that just decided to retire.
PooDoo
AG
I think with Minkah you might even discuss adding Byron Jones and Taco to the offer.

Trade a top CB coming off a serious injury with a huge future contract for a younger, better playmaker, better cap, and Dak level leadership on the defensive side of the ball.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Why would Miami be remotely interested in Jones or Taco? All of these proposed deals would be great for Dallas, but I've yet to see one Miami should spend any time considering. Even a 1st is probably at the bottom of the round. Giving away last year's #11 overall who controlled for 4 more seasons (counting this one) is going to come with a hefty price. Not castoffs. I'd want a 1st + another high pick to even take the call.
expresswrittenconsent
I was a little disappointed that when dilfer was dropping gossip on others he had no comment on the gossip from the same week about how he (dilfer) was fired from ESPN for being a diva and demanding a private plane.
Rusillo pod is pretty freaking great, though.
Ag Natural
AG
According to Dilfer, Sean White was the greatest passer of all time (during the elite 11)

So there is that. Lets just say Dilfer has a tendancy to embellish.
bonfarr
AG
NFL.com is reporting the Dak contract negotiations are stalled. Allegedly Dak wants a shorter extension with money up front so he can get another big payday in 4 years and Jerry wants to lock him up for a longer deal.

Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
BMX Bandit
Read that cowboys don't really value that position so not going to deal a first.
bonfarr
AG
Taco is inactive again, big surprise.
jr15aggie
AG
He gone. Quinn coming back next week. They are obviously done with him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, he's only on the roster as depth insurance, which is about to be no longer needed barring something happening today. They tried to showcase him in preseason to get a pick, which apparently no one was impressed enough to give them anything. He'll be gone soon.
PooDoo
AG
Look at Everett... Special teams captain.
Grapesoda2525
BMX Bandit said:

Read that cowboys don't really value that position so not going to deal a first.
You can tell by the cowboys running heath out there without considering alternatives that they truly don't value the safety position.
J.P. 03
AG
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27621201/source-saints-ink-payton-5-year-extension
BMX Bandit
Danny Vermin said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

BMX Bandit said:

You can tell by the cowboys running heath out there without considering alternatives that they truly don't value the safety position.

Great, you are gonna cry about heath just like you do odor all season. You live that lefty life in every facet of your life and it's pathetic, dude.

Heath is a good player. And doesn't have a brother with same name that jerks dudes off to my knowledge.
Panama Red
AG
Gonna be another tough week for the "Cowboys should let Dak go if he wants over $30mm" nerds
98Ag99Grad
AG
I live in Houston. Texans home today playing at noon so I dont bother looking for the game because they never show another game in that situation. Low and behold, I flip the station to fox with 4 mins left and the game is on! Cant believe it was on and I could've seen it!
BMX Bandit
Agristotle
AG
That is a new change to the blackout rules, just announced a couple of months ago. You probably won't miss Dallas games in Houston anymore.
investorAg83
AG
Panama Red said:

Gonna be another tough week for the "Cowboys should let Dak go if he wants over $30mm" nerds

7 tds. 9 incompletions. Pay the man.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The ticket fun fact - Cowboys scored their 9th offensive TD last year in game 6.
Ag Natural
AG
A lot of Dak doubters looking foolish right now. Where is the poster claim Trubisky is better?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.