***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

282,217 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^
Thanks, Jimmy...
Cy_Tolliver
First complete game of the year and totally meaningless. Classic red ball.
Grapesoda2525
I'm wondering about some roster moves coming up.

Dak and amari are the obvious ones, but will Jeff heath who has 9 lives be a starter yet again next year?
BMX Bandit
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Dak and amari are the obvious ones, but will Jeff heath who has 9 lives be a starter yet again next year?
Dak is 100% coming back (not implying you were saying otherwise). Amari will be interesting.

Been saying this for a while now but one of this team's biggest problems is not knowing when to move on or let people go. Too many guys like this....Garrett, Gregory, Maher, Heath, etc...

They have been lacking a true playmaking Safety for years and this year it cost em a playoff spot. I predict Heath will in fact be back in some way shape or form in 2020.
Ag Natural
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Dak is 100% coming back (not implying you were saying otherwise). Amari will be interesting.

Been saying this for a while now but one of this team's biggest problems is not knowing when to move on or let people go. Too many guys like this....Garrett, Gregory, Maher, Heath, etc...

They have been lacking a true playmaking Safety for years and this year it cost em a playoff spot. I predict Heath will in fact be back in some way shape or form in 2020.

Heath doesnt make that much. He will most likely be here in some capacity. This year the defense was better with him out there. Besides, missing the playoffs this year had way more to do with not scoring a TD in several important games. I wouldn't pin that on safety play. Although a few TOs would have been helpful.
Grapesoda2525

Grapesoda2525 said:

People don't care if heath is on the roster or not. They just want him to be a backup or play limited snaps.

If you go over the list of guys the cowboys could've had over the years it is truly maddening. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jamal Adams, Earl Thomas were all there for the taking. if the cowboys actually wanted to generate more turnovers, I have no doubt those 3 guys would've added to the margin.

I haven't even brought up possible free agent signings or draft picks yet. It really has befuddled me. If the stated goal was a super bowl this year ( which it was), then why leave that position so exposed?
Macarthur
Yeah, we need to resign Heath. He's good depth. Hopefully, he won't be a starter, but the issue now is bodies to fill out a roster. He may not be a world beater, but he's better than having a rookie FA fill that role next year.
expresswrittenconsent
New coach wont have roster control so yes, heath will be back. Bigger question I suppose is will the new coach be able to choose the staff. The last two cowboys head coaches didn't have that power.
jcbaggie04
AG
That's the problem with Dallas. The allure to become the head coach of the most well known sports franchise is tempered by knowing the owner is the gm, can't be fired and puts together both the roster and your staff.
It's a tough sell
Macarthur
jcbaggie04 said:

That's the problem with Dallas. The allure to become the head coach of the most well known sports franchise is tempered by knowing the owner is the gm, can't be fired and puts together both the roster and your staff.
It's a tough sell

I think this is overblown. Jerry does not put this roster together.
Grapesoda2525
jcbaggie04 said:

It's a tough sell
Jerry needs to find another legend like parcells who has the clout to get Jerry to back off and let the coach do it " his way".

I've had people say bill cower is that type of guy, but he seems to have no interest in coaching anymore.
Macarthur
Grapesoda2525 said:

jcbaggie04 said:

It's a tough sell
Jerry needs to find another legend like parcells who has the clout to get Jerry to back off and let the coach do it " his way".

I've had people say bill cower is that type of guy, but he seems to have no interest in coaching anymore.

Cower isn't coaching.

I know many will think it's crazy, but I could almost see something like this happening with Belicheck. He could be looking for one more challenge before he rides off. Brady is in a clear decline. His assistants are going to be plucked away again....He might just be looking for a change.

I don't think it will happen, but I don't think it's so crazy.
Grapesoda2525
Macarthur said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jcbaggie04 said:

It's a tough sell

Cower isn't coaching.

I know many will think it's crazy, but I could almost see something like this happening with Belicheck. He could be looking for one more challenge before he rides off. Brady is in a clear decline. His assistants are going to be plucked away again....He might just be looking for a change.

I don't think it will happen, but I don't think it's so crazy.
I don't see Belichick leaving brady and brady has shown no signs of wanting to retire.

Belichick really has nothing else to prove. He might as well finish his days in New England and if the team stinks after brady retires, he can retire as well.

Ag12thman
AG
Yep - highly unlikely to happen, IMO. Belichick seems like the last coach that could tolerate Jerruh to me.
jcbaggie04
AG
I know and I agree but my point was the perception.
In reality it's Rich Dalrymple and Stephen Jones that do the roster. The perception is still there that Jerry runs the team completely and it's hard to break that enough to get a full list of coaches where that thought won't come into play.
Macarthur
I would argue Will McClay has more involvment in the roster than anyone. Rich Dalyrimple?
expresswrittenconsent
Those guys clearly have heavy input in the draft room but it's still Jerry negotiating and signing extensions.
Who is doing training camp invites/cuts and working trades - presumably that stephen jones/mcclay group but presumably jerry is still the final control over any trades.
Macarthur
expresswrittenconsent said:

Those guys clearly have heavy input in the draft room but it's still Jerry negotiating and signing extensions.

I don't think that is right either. Virtually everything we've read the last 5 years or so points to Stephen doing the majority of the leg work on this.
expresswrittenconsent
Macarthur said:

I don't think that is right either. Virtually everything we've read the last 5 years or so points to Stephen doing the majority of the leg work on this.

So what part of "everything you've read the last 5 years" led to your conclusion from 30 minutes ago that belichick is a leading candidate to be the next coach of the cowboys?
Macarthur

Macarthur said:

So what part of "everything you've read the last 5 years" led to your conclusion from 30 minutes ago that belichick is a leading candidate to be the next coach of the cowboys?

I think we may be talking about two diff things.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ag Natural said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Heath doesnt make that much. He will most likely be here in some capacity. This year the defense was better with him out there. Besides, missing the playoffs this year had way more to do with not scoring a TD in several important games. I wouldn't pin that on safety play. Although a few TOs would have been helpful.
Someone else above me already beat me to the punch but long story short, you need someone who makes plays there. Not someone whose ceiling is mediocre with an occasional big tackle. They need to move on from him if he's prohibitive to younger guys developing or adding better playmakers to the roster.
Agnzona
I would imagine Kraft would have to give Jerry permission to talk to Bill, zero chance of that.
the last of the bohemians
I think you have to keep Dak and Cooper and play this hand before the window runs out on current core of players....draft a safety and a bunch OL and DL for depth
the last of the bohemians
I'm fairly sure that any new coach will ask for core players to be kept as part of the discussions
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
DFW radio reporting entire coaching staff has been fired (Garrett not renewed)
EllisCoAg
FriscoKid
AG

Macarthur

wow. I thought some of those guys might stay.

Gotta say, if JJ is planning on bringing in a new guy, you gotta clean house and let him bring in his team. In some ways, this goes against what we have thought about JJ for a while....Stephen's influence?
Macarthur
hold the phone...

FriscoKid
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Good sign. It's as much of a housecleaning as the place will get. New guy needs to be able to build and run his show.
DannyDuberstein
AG
More like

gigem1223
The tweet is fake news.
DannyDuberstein
AG
It wouldn't really make sense. Even if given full staff authority, you'd think new guy would at least interview the existing staff. Or some of them. Although it could be a "no assurances for next year even if you are under contract, but we'll see once we hire a coach"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.