***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,182 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dallas will win tonight. Thus, unfortunately, will not shut up the whiners.

expresswrittenconsent
MooreTrucker said:

Dallas will win tonight. Thus, unfortunately, will not shut up the whiners.

Preemptive whining
jr15aggie
AG
CastleRock said:

Throughout a life of Cowboys Fandom, I have identified a very strong inverse correlation between game expectations and performance.

I expect the cowboys to royally suck tonight, and as such my Inverse Theory predicts a modest victory for America's Team.

Cowboys 24
Eagles 20

Came here to post something similar. Not excited about the game and I expect a loss....... so naturally we'll probably win.

I'll be watching either way.
Ag Natural
AG
Eagles haven't been good this year either.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
BenFiasco14
AG
Predicting a Witten TD tonight
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
98Ag99Grad
AG
So there's the Dallas Rushmore- Landry, Lilly, Staubach, and Emmitt. Gotta say the surprise is Staubach over Jerry IMO.
MooreTrucker
AG
Cowboys look really good tonight and the haters, y'all can get stuffed.
PooDoo
AG
Wonder if Dak is going to the Miss St game this week...
Grapesoda2525
MooreTrucker said:

Guess it all depends on how helpful the bye week is now.

Can the players heal and the team comes back better then before or will everyone still be dinged up then the team comes out looking rusty, lethargic, and Garrett like?
jr15aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

They did look good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice win!

But keeping a logical eye on the situation, we were relatively healthy and everything bounced our way. That's a JG special! It does not alleviate our concerns with JG teams when that's not the case.

Tough schedule ahead of us, they will have plenty of opportunities to prove they are worthy. And in the meantime I'll enjoy the win.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Cowboys usually feast on the weak teams (Jets game was a disaster). For GB and NO though... those teams will be in the NFC championship hunt. GB will always be good as long as Rodgers is upright. NO will always be good as long as Payton is the coach. What he was able to do yesterday in Chicago was masterful.

Smoked the bears with what amounts to us as rolling Cooper Rush, Rod Smith and Amari Cooper out there as your top 3 weapons.
MooreTrucker
AG
I'm still reserving judgment on the Jets, since their first few games were without Darnold and we played them after he came back. They still may suck but we'll see.

And as long as Rodgers is there, the Packers will be our biggest hurdle always.

Legacy Work Spaces
What is the early word on LVE? I get nervous anytime we start talking neck problems especially neck problems in guys that have had neck problems before.
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
LegacySuitesandSolutions said:

What is the early word on LVE? I get nervous anytime we start talking neck problems especially neck problems in guys that have had neck problems before.

As a follow up, Jerry Jones actually said post game that both Quinn and LVE did not sustain long term injuries and should be ready to go after the bye.
BMX Bandit
fantastic performance top to bottom. Time to lock up Garrett for 10 years.
jr15aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I'm still reserving judgment on the Jets, since their first few games were without Darnold and we played them after he came back. They still may suck but we'll see.

For me it's not one particular game. I'm looking at that 3 game losing streak and saying, you gotta get at least one of those. Heck, get two of them! That's the real issue... you can forgive any of those losses, but hard to overlook losing all 3. It's just what we've come to expect from Garrett... he's good when it all goes according to plan. But when it doesn't....

I'm still very happy with the win and obviously we are the front runners for the division. I'm not down on the team, but I think they are who they are. They'll have plenty of chances the rest of the year to change that... still time to define their 2019 identity.
MooreTrucker
AG

Well, I do think we should have beaten the Jets, but again are they a bunch better with Darnold? If so, not a good thing to look at them as the suck Jets of the previous games.

We have a real pain point with the Packers, and the Saints keep rolling with Bridgewater, so that loss is at least a bit easier to take.

We have a bye week to get healthier, then the Giants, who we've already beaten and they do suck. Then a long string of good teams that will gove us a great indication of where we are.

bonfarr
AG
Didn't they say neck contusion at the end.of the broadcast? That's just a big bruise right? I would expect LVE to be back after the bye.
BenFiasco14
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Pre season the talking heads were all high on the Jets and thought they'd be a playoff team. That is of course before Darnold got effing mono. Lol
Macarthur
BenFiasco14 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Pre season the talking heads were all high on the Jets and thought they'd be a playoff team. That is of course before Darnold got effing mono. Lol

Yeah, that game still should have been won ( and still no excuse).

However, the Jets, I think by the end of the year, will be looked at as an improving team. I also think facing him that first week w Darnold back gave the Jets a distinct advantage with the element of surprise. I'm sure Dallas had to do some guessing with regards to the game plan. You also have your two starting OT's out....STill a loss that you shouldn't have, but I just think it's kinda wrong to assume those are the Jets of years past.
expresswrittenconsent
Jets are great. You all nailed it as usual.
Macarthur
expresswrittenconsent said:

That's not what was said and you know it.

Before the game, the Jets were being talked about as a laughing stock and possibly being 0-16. The reality is that they are probably closer to a 5 or 6 win team. Still shouldn't lose to them, but there are those that follow the league and know what they are talking about that think Darnold is becoming and will be a very good QB in this league.
expresswrittenconsent
Macarthur said:

Before the game, the Jets were being talked about as a laughing stock and possibly being 0-16. The reality is that they are probably closer to a 5 or 6 win team. Still shouldn't lose to them, but there are those that follow the league and know what they are talking about that think Darnold is becoming and will be a very good QB in this league.

And we (expected nfc title game) got our asses kicked by the 5 win team. Down 21-3 8 minutes into the 2nd qtr. Great comeback, though. Keep talking more about how you are an expert in the league.
BenFiasco14
AG

Nobody said that. The only point was that the jets are considerably better with Darnold than without. Some of their losses this year also came at the hands of their third string QB.

Not excusing the loss or saying it's okay. Merely stating the jets are a better team with Darnold than without, and idk how anyone could argue otherwise.
jr15aggie
AG
Nobody is claiming to know anything. The only thing we know for sure is there are a couple really good teams in the league and there are about half a dozen teams who are already making plans vacation plans for New Years.

For the other 20+ teams it's been up and down.
Macarthur

Macarthur said:

And we (expected nfc title game) got our asses kicked by the 5 win team. Down 21-3 8 minutes into the 2nd qtr. Great comeback, though. Keep talking more about how you are an expert in the league.

Apparently, based on your last two posts, there are quite a few of us on here that know more about this league than you.
BMX Bandit
BenFiasco14 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Who?
expresswrittenconsent
Macarthur said:

Macarthur said:

Apparently, based on your last two posts, there are quite a few of us on here that know more about this league than you.

I know buddy, all you do is regurgitate what you heard on ESPN or local sports radio that morning. Go back 5 posts of yours and you can find multiple posts where you dont own your opinions or give articulated reasons for why you feel a certain way, all your posts are "lots of league experts feel doug Pederson is one of the worst 5 coaches in the NFL"
"Lots of league experts feel that the Jets and Sam Darnold are a playoff darkhorse"
You hide behind the nameless skirts of "lots of league experts". You refuse to even name the experts who's skirts you hide behind because then you could be called out for your transparency and lack of knowledge.
BenFiasco14
AG
BMX Bandit said:

BenFiasco14 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Who?
I know this is a gotcha attempt and you won't be satisfied with this but based on just a google search,

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/they-will-make-the-playoffs-a-way-too-early-prediction-for-the-jets-2019-season/308927446

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/03/what-are-the-chances-jets-make-playoffs-win-super-bowl-in-2019/

https://fansided.com/2019/04/01/new-york-jets-sleeper-playoff-team-2019/
Macarthur
Are you for real?
expresswrittenconsent
Macarthur said:

Are you for real?

You should probably wait for Mike Lombardis podcast to drop today to let us know.
bonfarr
AG
Do you really take yourself this seriously?
PooDoo
AG
I thought I was the only one that thought Pedersen was overrated and Frank Reich was a better coach.
MooreTrucker
AG

bonfarr said:

Do you really take yourself this seriously?
This Ignore feature thing works quite well for folks like that.
jtstanley4621
AG
I think the season boils down to this: our division is VERY bad. I do no think the Eagles are good, and Washington and New York are confirmed BAD. We are very likely going to win the division, but I don't really think at least right now that that would solidify the Cowboys as a top team in the NFC.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.