***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

282,220 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
BassCowboy33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gigem1223 said:

Leave it up to the nfl to frick up this challenge rule of pass interference to not only slow the game down but also confuse the **** out of fans as to what pass interference looks like.

Im glad they're upholding these calls. One of the big issues detractors both in the league and the media had about the change was that officials would enforce ticky-tack calls.

By showing that they're backing the calls on the field, the league is setting a good precedent that only blatant calls will be getting overturned.
gigem1223
Grapesoda2525 said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

gigem1223 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Whose more terrible Hyatt or taco?

Taco actually had a good game today and to say he's terrible is a bit harsh. Weird comparison though since Hyatt was an UDFA
Taco got owned last week by guys playing with the 49ers who will be sacking groceries soon.

We must be watching different games cuz he was disruptive at times last week. I know you though. You have your pet cats you love to hate so I'm not gonna bother. Just try not to bleed your taco hate all over every page of this thread like you do with Odor and Heath.
yeah, you're right, taco sucking is a grapesoda issue, and not something every cowboy fan has discussed.
They think I'm crazy because I say taco, odor, and heath are terrible.

Taco - has been the worst draft pick of the will mcclay era. The guys draft picks are almost always stellar. He's the rare emphatic miss. I'm not going to fault mcclay, we're lucky to have the guy and everyone makes mistakes.

Odor - the texags rangers board is unusually generous to their players. If you listen to radio shows and glance at twitter, the vast majority of ranger fans don't like the odor contract and view it as a massive mistake.

Heath - cowboy fans have wanted to see the team acquire a "bad ass" safety through trade or the draft for years. There was a ton of hype about the earl thomas rumors. The reason for the hype is because we haven't had a better than average safety since Darren Woodson.

If demonizing these players and rooting for the front office to get rid of them makes me crazy....... then I don't know what to say. I guess some people don't mind bad players. Bad players are ok to deal with on your kids local rec league team, but a team at the highest level of the sport should be looking for their replacement after giving those players a decent chance to show what they can do.

Your hate is obsessive and unreasonable at times. It gets old. Every fan on this this thread can probably agree to an extent when a player is struggling. You on the other hand go overboard and attempt to derail every thread with it.

Taco - The fact you can't see that taco has shown signs of improvement this preseason says everything. Instead you just come up with hater talking points. He hasn't been terrible at all.

Odor - every ranger fan in the world knows Odor has been struggling. You won't let us forget either.

Heath- is what he is. An overachieving, late round pick who has played his way into a starting role. Could the cowboys do better? For sure, but *****ing about them not breaking the bank for ET constantly doesn't do any good. Had they pulled the trigger on that one they'd have even more issues signing all these young players. They don't value the safety position like some of the league does.

gigem1223
BassCowboy33 said:

gigem1223 said:

Leave it up to the nfl to frick up this challenge rule of pass interference to not only slow the game down but also confuse the **** out of fans as to what pass interference looks like.

Im glad they're upholding these calls. One of the big issues detractors both in the league and the media had about the change was that officials would enforce ticky-tack calls.

By showing that they're backing the calls on the field, the league is setting a good precedent that only blatant calls will be getting overturned.

Except for the overturn on Olumba that prompted my post...

The nfl can't even figure out what a catch is. I'm sure they'll excel in with pass interference. I just hope it doesn't slow the game down like it did last night.
jr15aggie
AG
All those undrafted OTA hero WRs are getting past up by real talent. Former 2nd rounder Devin Smith really showing up.

Bad luck injury guy looking good with his 2nd chance team.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
Bears cut kicker Elliott Fry.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27414206/bears-cut-fry-leaving-pineiro-last-kicker-standing

He's probably no better than Maher, but he might be worth a look.
PatAg
AG
Gigem is right, you overdo everything.
gigem1223
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/scout-s-notebook-taco-makes-plays-star-lb?sf217723321=1

Broaddus's notes from last night
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Rams make it tough to evaluate guys like Taco since they don't play their starters.
Ag Natural
AG
I know it's not popular to point this out. But Dak looks very good so far this camp and preseason. Operating without Zeke or Cooper... he is completing 100% of his passes with a 9.7 avg yards per attempt (which is great).

Obviously a very small sample size as hes only had two drives thus far. Still... better than a sharp stick in the eye.
jr15aggie
AG
Ag Natural said:

I know it's not popular to point this out. But Dak looks very good so far this camp and preseason.
Why is it not popular? Oh that's right, because if you aren't winning Super Bowls for America's Team, GTFO you pathetic loser!!!

Troy Aikman... such accuracy, such precision, he's changing the way QB is played, such a leader, such a winner... wait, what... another concussion... when are we gonna cut this guy, he's trash. Put in Randall Cunningham.... we want Randall!!!!!!
PooDoo
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The Rams make it tough to evaluate guys like Taco since they don't play their starters.

2 seasons weren't enough?
DannyDuberstein
AG
I just mean the hubbub around him being somewhat disruptive Saturday night. I simply meant it to cool the jets on that. Going back to when he was drafted, I called out that his Michigan tape looked like a guy running in sand and that I was skeptical from the outset.
jr15aggie
AG
What I've heard from the Cowboys talk guys is that yes, he's looked much better the last couple weeks in camp. He's been good. But the same guys were honest when they said he was getting nowhere when he went up against guys like Tyron. Said he kept trying this spin move and was shut down every time.

I anticipate more of the same from this guy... he'll show up every once in a while and get around 3 sacks, but that's about it. Not a terrible player, but definitely not a good 1st round pick.
rsf0626
Donovan Wilson with first team reps
PooDoo
AG
Taco definitely looks better suited to being a 3-4 de.
jr15aggie
AG
D-Law and Crawford off PUP. Not gonna fully participate yet, but that's good that they are back in practice. Byron is the only big name still on, but everyone is fairly confident he'll be ready week 1. And if he isn't, our other CBs should be more than up to handling the Giants miserable WRs.
PooDoo
AG
Anyone still regretting that Jalen Smith 2nd round pick?

Just signed and extension and does things the right way to quote JG.
Dddfff
AG
PooDoo said:

Anyone still regretting that Jalen Smith 2nd round pick?

Just signed and extension and does things the right way to quote JG.

Have to remember that was going into Romos last season. Drafting a redshirt in 2nd round was most definitely a head-scratcher. Could we have got him in the 3rd round and taken a position of need in the 2nd?

In any case, he's a great player and I'm glad we have him.
bonfarr
AG
rsf0626 said:

Donovan Wilson with first team reps

If he is being subbed in for Heath's injury and he looks good this weekend Iloka and Frazier need to pack their bags.
gigem1223
5 years 64M, 35 guaranteed

Pretty close to the Kuechly contract
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

Damn! Good for him!

I remember wondering if he was sorta upset on draft day cause his insurance policy payout was much less since he went 2nd round.

Gotta think Byron Jones is the odd man out right now.
ElephantRider
AG
Iloka should probably pack either way
bonfarr
AG
I bet Jerry is really hoping for Trysten Hill to blossom into a starter so he doesn't have to pay Maliek Collins.

I like the timing of the Smith signing as the triplets may feel some pressure to sign quicker as they see the available pot shrinking.
bonfarr
AG
jr15aggie said:

gigem1223 said:

Damn! Good for him!

I remember wondering if he was sorta upset on draft day cause his insurance policy payout was much less since he went 2nd round.

Gotta think Byron Jones is the odd man out right now.

Now that Awuzie is looking great I would say so. Awuzie has been called the best CB this camp by insiders.
Danny Vermin
Jerry took several shots at Zeke and it was glorious.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not sure how I feel about this one. That's a lot of cheese to pay a LB
bonfarr
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

It certainly puts the bullseye on Jaylon. Before today he was the feel good story coming back from a terrible injury playing well above his draft spot but now the expectation will be that he plays like a guy making $12.8 million a year.

gigem1223
DannyDuberstein said:

If he continues the path he's on and can be Ray Lewis like, he's a bargain. Having a player like that for years in the middle of your defense is crucial to fielding an elite defense IMO. He also brings leadership and is the right kind of guy to have in your locker room. I'm glad they got it done and did so with out making him the highest paid ILB.
jr15aggie
AG
Really puts an emphasis on how the Cowboys aren't cheap, agree to a fair deal and they'll show you the money.
Ag12thman
AG
Great player and well-deserved.
DannyDuberstein
AG
My question would be where it puts them with LVE in 3 years and what kind of flexibility they've left themselves to make a choice. If he stays on the trajectory he appears to be on, then in 3 years you are paying him top 10 LB money to tack on the 5th year and more after that. Can't pay 2 LB's that don't rush the passer big money. But I'm going to assume they left some flexibility toward the end, and if so, all good with this.

Lots of guys to pay and at some point tough choices will have to be made.
gigem1223
At this point I think you gotta let Byron walk. I feel like this defense is still in good shape with the current depth at CB. Awuzie, Brown and Lewis is solid and who knows what Olumba will turn into. Byron is good but he just doesn't create turnovers. If you're going to be a high paid db, creating turnovers is a must imo.
jr15aggie
AG
We are really solid at CB assuming we can bring Brown back for a reasonable deal. But Awuzie and Lewis only have 1 year left (after this year) on their deals... same for Xavier Woods. Gonna have to pay somebody. In the meantime you'll have guys like Sean Lee either taking massive pay cuts/getting cut/retiring so we'll be freeing up cap space too.

Gotta keep drafting and drafting well.
Southlake
Love Jaylon. 35 mil guaranteed! Anybody know how the contract is structured?

Or how this might affect Zeke, Dak and Amari's deals?
BenFiasco14
AG
Southlake said:

Love Jaylon. 35 mil guaranteed! Anybody know how the contract is structured?

Or how this might affect Zeke, Dak and Amari's deals?
Zeke and Dak after Jaylon's deal:

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.