***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,168 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do you let that guy get behind you? Terrible.
bonfarr
AG
They were all up defending the first down marker and he ran right past them.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Grapesoda2525
Suck it philly.
gigem1223
First place Dallas Cowboys!!!
TyHolden
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Agholar drop was huge.

bonfarr
AG
Antuan Woods has a sprained MCL.

Gallup is getting an MRI for his knee tomorrow, that will suck if we lose him.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
BassCowboy33
bonfarr said:

Word is the Gallup MRI is precautionary.
Grapesoda2525
bonfarr said:

Already pretty thin at wide receiver. Although the kid from Ohio state did pretty good today.

Kellso
Danny White is to Troy Aikman
what
Tony Romo will be to Dak Prescott.

I am a Romo fan, but I have no qualms in saying that Dak Prescott is a better quarterback. I would take Dak any day of the week over Tony Romo.

I fully realize that New York and Washington are two of the weaker teams in the league, but this season feels a lot like 1992.

Last year felt like the 1991 season, and it really seems like this team is ready to take the next step.

Similar to 1992(when the 92 Cowboys got blown out at Philly) I fully expect this Cowboys team to get blow out on the road against New Orleans or Philly.
I think that sort of loss will be the type of experience that draws the team closer, and rallies them to having a great season.

Travis Frederick makes such a huge difference in the offensive line. Joe Looney did an admiral job at center in 2018, but he is incapable of bulldozing defenders like Frederick routinely does.

Randall Cobb is an upgrade over Cole Beasley.

Its my belief that all four corner backs (Jordan Lewis, Byron Jones, Chido, and Anthony Brown) are better than all the corner-backs that played between 2012-2016.

The key to the season will be the defense. To truly be a championship caliber defense you should be in the top 5 in the league in sacks and turnovers.
The Dallas defense will have to force more turnovers if they are to take the next step in the post season.
Ag Natural
AG
The Cowboys will forever regret not getting their sheet together during the Romo era. His olines were regularly terrible and the defenses were usually bad. Only in his last couple years did he have the support he needed and by then his body was shot.

Oh well.
Kellso
Ag Natural said:

The Cowboys will forever regret not getting their sheet together during the Romo era. His olines were regularly terrible and the defenses were usually bad. Only in his last couple years did he have the support he needed and by then his body was shot.

Oh well.
Danny White vs Tony Romo is a great debate.

Both were great players, that consistently failed to win the big post season game.

Romo and White both put up great numbers,and were above average quarterbacks. Their shortcomings in the playoffs are why both of these players fall short of legendary status.

My immediate reaction would be to say that Romo was better than Danny White.

The biggest argument for Danny White is that he led the Cowboys to three consecutive NFC Championships. The problem for his legacy was that the Cowboys lost all three games.
Still.....2014 is the only year Romo ever came close to leading his team to the NFC title game.

Danny White in same era as Romo would have put up similar numbers.

You can't judge these players on solely statistics because the game was much different back in the early 1980's.
PooDoo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

bonfarr said:

Word is the Gallup MRI is precautionary.

I was worried about Gallup when he rag-dolled awkwardly after that hit on his knee.
jr15aggie
AG
Slightly unimpressed with our pass rush... but also slightly annoyed at how Eli and Keenum were captain check down all game and never gave us a chance for sacks.

Curious if Quinn makes a noticeable difference.
BassCowboy33
Kellso said:

Danny White is to Troy Aikman
what
Tony Romo will be to Dak Prescott.

I am a Romo fan, but I have no qualms in saying that Dak Prescott is a better quarterback. I would take Dak any day of the week over Tony Romo.

I fully realize that New York and Washington are two of the weaker teams in the league, but this season feels a lot like 1992.

Last year felt like the 1991 season, and it really seems like this team is ready to take the next step.

Similar to 1992(when the 92 Cowboys got blown out at Philly) I fully expect this Cowboys team to get blow out on the road against New Orleans or Philly.
I think that sort of loss will the type of experience that draws the team closer, and rallies them to having a great season.

Travis Frederick makes such a huge difference in the offensive line. Joe Looney did an admiral job at center in 2018, but he is incapable of bulldozing defenders like Frederick routinely does.

Randall Cobb is an upgrade over Cole Beasley.

Its my belief that all four corner backs (Jordan Lewis, Byron Jones, Chido, and Anthony Brown) are better than all the corner-backs that played between 2012-2016.

The key to the season will be the defense. To truly be a championship caliber defense you should be in the top 5 in the league in sacks and turnovers.
The Dallas defense will have to force more turnovers if they are to take the next step in the post season.

Danny White couldn't win with championship caliber teams. Tony Romo consistently made 3-win teams look like division contenders.
MooreTrucker
AG
rsf0626 said:

Called it

rsf0626 said:

Atlanta is going to choke this game away. I can feel it

Missed it
ElephantRider
AG
It's not even a debate between Romo and Danny White. Danny had a great team around him, and may have even held them back. Romo consistently had to carry bad teams on his back, and he elevated them most years.
jr15aggie
AG
LOL... watching the post game interview of Byron Jones with Brad Shame & Babe. Babe is talking about next week (Dolphins) and he says, "Now I know you guys will have to treat them like a real NFL team" followed by a chuckle.

Wow, week 2 and they've lost all respect already! I hope the Cowboys stay focused and I'm sure they will. Last thing we need is another "It's the Rams dude" loss.
jr15aggie
AG
I think my 2 favorite plays of the game involve Devin Smith. The deep ball multiple weeks in a row will give D Coordinators plenty to think about... but that fake run / quick flip pass to Devin was just so sweet! It's almost like Kellen is using the previous 2 years of 'this is obviously a run play" and giving them the Corso treatment (not so fast my friend!).

Also... completely forgot we get the Saints in 2 weeks. Sorry Drew, I'm a fan, but I really hope that thumb is a 3 week injury!
Spaceship
AG
ElephantRider said:

It's not even a debate between Romo and Danny White. Danny had a great team around him, and may have even held them back. Romo consistently had to carry bad teams on his back, and he elevated them most years.

Agreed, Romo will go down as one of the most under appreciated Cowboys ever.
twilly
AG
Saw this in The Athletic this morning, thought it was a very interesting stat:
Quote:

The Cowboys, 31-21 victors at Washington, have won 34 of Prescott's 50 regular-season starts, a success rate the team has not surpassed in any 50-game stretch since Troy Aikman was behind center. With Pittsburgh losing Sunday, Dallas trails only the New England Patriots and Kansas City Chiefs for NFL winning percentage since Prescott became a starter in 2016.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Looks like the current Cowboys success will pull all the "Romo couldn't get it done" people outa the woodwork. Should be fun.
jr15aggie
AG
Heard Brees will miss the next 6 weeks... damaged tendon on thumb, will require surgery.

I will absolutely take that. So many times we see our rivals play top tier teams when their stars are hurt. We catch a big break here. NO just turned into a must win game... can't let that one slip away!
gigem1223
Cowboys are 10-1 in their last 11 divisional games. We literally own the East.
jtstanley4621
AG
Losing to a Brees-less Saints team in New Orleans for the night game would be a CLASSIC Jason Garret team move.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

Heard Brees will miss the next 6 weeks... damaged tendon on thumb, will require surgery.

I will absolutely take that. So many times we see our rivals play top tier teams when their stars are hurt. We catch a big break here. NO just turned into a must win game... can't let that one slip away!
Could make getting a first round bye much easier. Mainly gotta beat out philly and the NFC North team then.

Although..... byes have seemed to hurt the cowboys over the years more than anything.
Macarthur
ElephantRider said:

I'm a Romo fan, but this is not a fair assessment of White.

Let's not forget that he actually put the team ahead of the Niners late in that game before 'The Catch'. And even after that, had a big completion before he was sacked that almost put them in position to overcome that.

That last NFC championship game he got a concussion so I don't think you can lay that at his feet. The first one, he was not good.

I don't think it's fair to say White held them back.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, that's unfair to White. He was a good quarterback of an aging team that was springing some leaks, yet he still got them to multiple NFC title games. In 1986, he had them at 6-2 until he got his hand broken in NY. They finished 1-7 without him. Then the franchise essentially fell apart over the next 2 years.
Ag Natural
AG
Cowboy fans drive me crazy with the rediculous standard they hold their QBs to. White was very good. Romo was great. Dak looks very promising to me.

I heard a guy on the radio this morning giving Dak a C+ so far this season because he missed a couple throws. It's insane. I Dak has outplayed everyone but Brady and Mahomes the first two weeks. And I watched Brady and Mahomes miss a couple throws too.
aggiedadofpanda
AG
Just wanted to take a minute and say that Randal Cobb in the slot for this Cowboys team is a game changer. Along with Gallup's growth, and Cooper being a stud on the outside, our WR corps is a huge strength of the team. So crazy to think that 12 months ago, we had Cole Beasley, Tavon Austin, and a rookie Gallup just trying to figure out the league.
jr15aggie
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

Could make getting a first round bye much easier. Mainly gotta beat out philly and the NFC North team then.

Although..... byes have seemed to hurt the cowboys over the years more than anything.

Yeah, I'll agree the Byes have been brutal... the one and done in 2007 and 2016 just crushed me. For a couple days it felt like somebody died!

I'm already preparing myself for the Rams and Cowboys to get the byes..... and you just freaking know it will be Aaron Rogers coming into town after GB wins their wild card game. Doesn't matter if we are the 1 or the 2 seed, GB will be our opponent and we'll be tasked to beating a legend (again) to get to the elusive NFC Championship game!

Ugh!!!! But perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself!
expresswrittenconsent
The danny white/tony romo comparisons are pretty stupid.
Saint Pablo
We should be 4-0 going into the Packers game. Of our first 10 games, we should win 7 games...could realistically be 10-0 or 9-1.
jr15aggie
AG
I think 8-2 going into the Patriots game is a reasonable floor at this point. Based on our start and the luck with Brees, I'll be disappointed if we have more than 2 losses going into Foxborough.

Along the way it's reasonable to think our offense will face more adversity and challenges. But I also think it's reasonable to assume our defense will have more success. So far we've played 2 QBs that excel at the dink/dunk/get the ball out quick.
PooDoo
AG
Saint Pablo said:

We should be 4-0 going into the Packers game. Of our first 10 games, we should win 7 games...could realistically be 10-0 or 9-1.
And I think the Packers are ripe for implosion if they keep struggling. Did you see the way Rodgers was yelling at his HC?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.