***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

282,166 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Well, he's going to the state of Pennsylvania

Makes no sense to me for Pitt to do this. With Big Ben out for the year, the Steelers are going to suck this year and have a good 1st rounder. Fitzpatrick isn't going to save this season and Big Ben's career is about over. If I'm Pitt, I'm keeping that pick.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, came here to post that it seems like a strange deal for the Steelers.
jr15aggie
AG
I'll be the echo... what the hell Steelers? Obviously what Miami was looking for, a team that might stumble and give a top 10 pick (as opposed to Dallas's projected pick).
Grapesoda2525
We probably weren't offering a first rounder. The kid is a pretty good talent so I'd say it's a good thing he got traded to an AFC team if we weren't the ones to get him.
jr15aggie
AG
Here's the real analysis... lol, Houston got absolutely taken to the cleaners. Two 1s and a 2nd for Tunsil vs a single 1 for Fitz.

Lol, sheesh. Talk about desperate to protect your QB.
Saint Pablo
Spaceship said:

Makes no sense to me for Pitt to do this. With Big Ben out for the year, the Steelers are going to suck this year and have a good 1st rounder. Fitzpatrick isn't going to save this season and Big Ben's career is about over. If I'm Pitt, I'm keeping that pick.
They must think that Big Ben will be good still next year and they can make a run. Nothing else would make sense.

I feel like Baltimore is going to win that division and feel confident Cleveland is better than Pittsburgh without Big Ben. They should have tanked for Tua...they would be able to surround him with good offensive pieces immediately...unlike Miami.
Grapesoda2525
Saint Pablo said:

Spaceship said:

They must think that Big Ben will be good still next year and they can make a run. Nothing else would make sense.

I feel like Baltimore is going to win that division and feel confident Cleveland is better than Pittsburgh without Big Ben. They should have tanked for Tua...they would be able to surround him with good offensive pieces immediately...unlike Miami.
Miami is very clearly tanking for Tua and they're probably the best at tanking from what I've seen.
gigem1223
We better be doing everything possible to get Ramsey. Dude is a premier talent at corner. Those don't just fall off trees. I'd give a first, Taco and one of Awuzie / Brown/ Lewis right now if it got it done. Getting Jalen makes this team a super bowl favorite, along with New England.
Gladiator 96
AG
Just now saw the line on ESPN for the Cowboys-Dolphins game this week.

That is ungodly, even for an NFL game...
Heisenberg01
AG
gigem1223 said:

We better be doing everything possible to get Ramsey. Dude is a premier talent at corner. Those don't just fall off trees. I'd give a first, Taco and one of Awuzie / Brown/ Lewis right now if it got it done. Getting Jalen makes this team a super bowl favorite, along with New England.

They are going to want draft picks, not Taco Charlton. Also, he wants a long term deal out of this. I'm not sure he is worth the trouble, even with his unbelievable talent.

He wants to quit his team because Hopkins caught a ball on him and his coach didn't challenge it. Get out of here with that stuff.
gigem1223
Heisenberg01 said:

gigem1223 said:

They are going to want draft picks, not Taco Charlton. Also, he wants a long term deal out of this. I'm not sure he is worth the trouble, even with his unbelievable talent.

He wants to quit his team because Hopkins caught a ball on him and his coach didn't challenge it. Get out of here with that stuff.

Yea forget trying to acquire the premier cornerback in the league....

He wants out of Jacksonville cuz the organization is a joke, period.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm sorry, but it's amazing how fans over the years bash Jerry for poor team management....

Annnnndddddd then the fans brilliant plan is to throw away draft picks, which has become the source of our success, and use it for a primadonna CB who will be demanding a new mega contract this offseason, that is, if he isn't too preoccupied showing up to training camp again in an armored money truck with a guy on a bullhorn announcing his arrival.

All the while forgetting CB is already a position of strength on the team, but that's ok, go ahead and throw one of those guys into the trade, I'm sure seeing their teammate & friend shipped off in exchange for a "look at me" player won't completely divide the locker room.

But the fans are right, Jerry is the real idiot!
gigem1223
jr15aggie said:

I'm sorry, but it's amazing how fans over the years bash Jerry for poor team management....

Annnnndddddd then the fans brilliant plan is to throw away draft picks, which has become the source of our success, and use it for a primadonna CB who will be demanding a new mega contract this offseason, that is, if he isn't too preoccupied showing up to training camp again in an armored money truck with a guy on a bullhorn announcing his arrival.

All the while forgetting CB is already a position of strength on the team, but that's ok, go ahead and throw one of those guys into the trade, I'm sure seeing their teammate & friend shipped off in exchange for a "look at me" player won't completely divide the locker room.

Where have I bashed Jerry before?? Or called him an idiot? I think he and Steven have done an excellent job.

You guys are kidding yourself though if you don't think Jalen Ramsey is better than any DB on this team.

I want some glory hole and Ramsey is a generational player that can help get us there.

End of point.

lobopride
I don't think Jerry could name ten of the players on the team. Stephen has been running things.
bonfarr
AG
Based on the Cowboys front office moves over the last 5 or 6 years I would be surprised if we get into the Ramsey sweepstakes. Ramsey is a phenomenal player but what would we have to pay him in an extension in 2020, $20 +MM a year with $90 MM guaranteed? Bye bye Tyron Smith if so.

What will Byron Jones need to re-sign? I would rather keep Byron and our draft picks.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
jr15aggie
AG
gigem1223 said:

jr15aggie said:

Where have I bashed Jerry before?? Or called him an idiot? I think he and Steven have done an excellent job.

You guys are kidding yourself though if you don't think Jalen Ramsey is better than any DB on this team.

I want some glory hole and Ramsey is a generational player that can help get us there.

End of point.

Sorry, it wasn't meant directly at you... I was generalizing hence the winky face. I have family members where every loss is Jerry & Romo's fault... yes, it's STILL Romo's fault. But I do disagree about Ramsey, no thanks!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, you can't keep turning your high draft picks into veterans that immediately need a huge deal and keep this thing afloat cap-wise for long. They are in the situation with Cooper already. Can't immediately do it again.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Really don't see the Cowboys getting Ramsey. At least with Fitzpatrick there was going to be another year or two they could buy time on getting a contract done, but with Ramsey he's going to want something done almost immediately. Getting distracted by a new contract for him while also knowing Byron Smith is due (and I think unlikely to be brought back) might mess with team chemistry.
bonfarr
AG
Word is the JAGs want 2 first round picks and they may ship him out this week, no way we should give up those picks.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bonfarr
AG
Jalen Ramsey has also said in an interview he would never play for the Cowboys as long as the Jones family was in charge because they passed on him for Zeke.
ElephantRider
AG
Xavier Woods supposedly out 4-6 weeks
DannyDuberstein
AG
bonfarr said:

Jalen Ramsey has also said in an interview he would never play for the Cowboys as long as the Jones family was in charge because they passed on him for Zeke.
Yeah, he's a loon. Give this guy long term deal with a bunch of guaranteed money and next thing you know, he's upset about the next slight and wanting out. And you're sitting with the choice of a disruptive mess or a helluva lot of dead $$$. No thanks.
Ag12thman
AG
I'd stay away from Ramsey. Seems to be a bit of a head-case, although very talented.
bonfarr
AG
ElephantRider said:

High ankle sprain. Donovan is practicing and will be on the active roster this week. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do when he gets some snaps against a terrible Dolphins team.
PooDoo
AG
Ag12thman said:

I'd stay away from Ramsey. Seems to be a bit of a head-case, although very talented.

Minkah is worth a 1st because he still has several years left on his rookie contract on top of being a leader/playmaker.

Ramsey is not. He's a physical freak, great at coverage, good tackler.... Will be demanding to reset the DB market.
jr15aggie
AG
bonfarr said:

ElephantRider said:

High ankle sprain. Donovan is practicing and will be on the active roster this week. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do when he gets some snaps against a terrible Dolphins team.

Did it happen in practice? That really sucks!

Funny how it always works out. When it's time to make the 53 man roster and we are thinking, no way we can keep Kavon, he's gotta go, too many bodies at safety. Couple weeks later and all of a sudden it's 'glad we have Kavon, at least he knows the system and has done it before and can help us if needed'.

Hoping Bones is healthy and ready, really excited to see what he can do!

Macarthur
Spaceship said:

Agree. This is a head scratcher for Pitt, IMO.

They may very well need that first round pick for a QB.
bonfarr
AG
He injured it in the last defensive series on Sunday. Cowboys are working out a guy the Packers just cut for safety depth.

Darian Thompson is healthy and should start in place of Woods. In a pinch Byron Jones can move back to FS if we get into trouble in the next few weeks.
Dddfff
AG
RE: Steelers. Are we sure Rudolph isn't a serviceable QB? I liked him in college and he had a 92 QBR last week in relief. I can only assume they like what they see in him if they are trading first round draft picks to help this years team.
jr15aggie
AG
Already hearing that it won't be 4-6 weeks for Woods. Gonna be a week to week evaluation. We'll see.
jr15aggie
AG
In other news, it only took 2 weeks to bench Eli. Lots of people were speculating before week 1 that it would be the last time we'd face off against Eli. What a strange start to the season.
Ag12thman
AG
I think it's time. Manning just seems like he doesn't have it anymore.
ac04
they should have started daniel jones right away. somehow everyone knew they had no shot this season except them.
MooreTrucker
AG
Beat the Hell said:

RE: Steelers. Are we sure Rudolph isn't a serviceable QB? I liked him in college and he had a 92 QBR last week in relief. I can only assume they like what they see in him if they are trading first round draft picks to help this years team.
Rudolph may be serviceable, but they don't have anyone behind him, right?
BenFiasco14
AG
jr15aggie said:

In other news, it only took 2 weeks to bench Eli. Lots of people were speculating before week 1 that it would be the last time we'd face off against Eli. What a strange start to the season.
#NeverForget

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.