***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,167 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Man, I thought that the team played hard for Garrett. That's what the JG fan club here kept preaching.

I mean we already knew he was terrible. But there were still people out there who were telling themselves you cant make a move because you dont know if you can find better . Cant find better than Garrett? That was absurd thinking pre jets game and now I dont even know how to respond to that. There have been many indictments on how poor a coach Garrett is in the past and that video above is just another in a long line.
Grapesoda2525
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Man, I thought that the team played hard for Garrett. That's what the JG fan club here kept preaching.

I mean we already knew he was terrible. But there were still people out there who were telling themselves you cant make a move because you dont know if you can find better . Cant find better than Garrett? That was absurd thinking pre jets game and now I dont even know how to respond to that. There have been many indictments on how poor a coach Garrett is in the past and that video above is just another in a long line.
The thinking of " can't find someone better" is pretty stupid actually.

The job we're talking about is head coach of the cowboys. It's a top 5 nfl job for sure.
Saint Pablo
Agree that this is a horrible loss, bad look on everyone. BUT coming into the season a lot of people were talking about the Jets as a possible playoff team. The only reason their record is so bad up to this point is because Darnold had mono and Myles Garrett broke their second string quarterback week 2.
BMX Bandit
Saint Pablo said:

Agree that this is a horrible loss, bad look on everyone. BUT coming into the season a lot of people were talking about the Jets as a possible playoff team. The only reason their record is so bad up to this point is because Darnold had mono and Myles Garrett broke their second string quarterback week 2.
"a lot" of people that thought Jets were a possible playoff team were all Jets fans.
jtstanley4621
AG
Not sure what much more you need to see: Jason Garrett is NOT going to be the head coach that leads this team to a championship. This team has a lot of talent on it. It comes down to coaching. Dead man walking.

A vintage Garrett loss. Good players go down and you are incapable of scheming to mitigate even a small amount of those losses. It's not impossible to win without your starting tackles and number 1 WR. That Jets team is not good.
Grapesoda2525
jtstanley4621 said:

Not sure what much more you need to see: Jason Garrett is NOT going to be the head coach that leads this team to a championship. This team has a lot of talent on it. It comes down to coaching. Dead man walking.

A vintage Garrett loss. Good players go down and you are incapable of scheming to mitigate even a small amount of those losses. It's not impossible to win without your starting tackles and number 1 WR. That Jets team is not good.
A good example of scheming your way to victories is the New Orleans saints.

They haven't really missed a beat since brees went down. They are still winning games.
Ag12thman
AG
NukeAg10 said:

Wow. That shows you everything you need to know.
Yep, exactly. It's been over for Garrett for a couple of years now. No idea why he's still on the sideline.
Ag12thman
AG
Exactly right. They hadn't won a game for a reason. And, yes, they got a decent QB back, but that QB is not even Dak-level good. Inexcusable. I'm sure Jerry will bring him back next year, though.
bonfarr
AG
The offense has changed since weeks 1-3, at first I dismissed that talk but Romo noticed it and commented on it yesterday. It looks like once the team struggled against NO that Garrett asserted more control over the offense. Romo recognized the route trees and formations from Garrett's offense. Garrett just can't help himself.
Southlake
"The job we're talking about is head coach of the cowboys. It's a top 5 nfl job for sure."

Nope. Not with Jerry.

In defense of a Garrett (who I agree must go because I believe he's lost the team), how much of Jerry in his back pocket all the time has reduced his ability to coach the way he would like? Do you think Sean Payton would have put up with Jerry's constant coaching? Nothing has changed since Jimmy Johnston left this team and Jimmy won because he did things his way and ultimately left because Jerry couldn't stand it.

Sure Garrett can leave, but Jerry will still be the dysfunctional influence behind the Cowboys.

I'll eat crow. I really thought the Cowboys would go 14-2 with a bye and home field in the playoffs. I still think they can win the division - mainly because the division is weak and that will give the Cowboys at least a home playoff game, but it will pretty much end there.

Boo.
jr15aggie
AG
It's painful to watch... last few games even our check down receivers have 2 defenders tackling them immediately. I can't think of the last time we've been able to hit Zeke on a swing pass out of the backfield with room to run.

We haven't fooled anybody with anything since week 2.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Quote:

In defense of a Garrett (who I agree must go because I believe he's lost the team), how much of Jerry in his back pocket all the time has reduced his ability to coach the way he would like? Do you think Sean Payton would have put up with Jerry's constant coaching
By pretty much all modern accounts, Jerry has not really meddled in anything coaching / XOs related in recent times. This is all on Garrett and the fact that he sucks ass in the worst way. I'm not even sure he's mediocre now if its indeed true that players are tuning him out.

Put this in perspective.

Jimmy Johnson in an interview soon after he mended fences with Jerry Jones was quoted as saying something to the affect of (paraphrasing) "while the break up was ugly, and we both played a part in having fault, the truth is with my coaching style at some point its pretty likely that those players woulda started eventually tuning me out and it might have started showing up on the field so it was probably best I left when i did". So if players are about to start tuning out a championship coach, why would they not start tuning out and not responding to a coach that has done absolutely nothing in all his time in Dallas?
jtstanley4621
AG
It feels like Garrett thinks that he can just "out-athlete" another team, which you cannot do in today's NFL. The book is out on how to stop the offense and we just trot out there and do the same stuff over and over again. But what I don't understand is how we did those things the first few weeks then totally stopped. Among them:

• Getting the ball to Pollard in space
  • Doing play action on first down
  • Not running all the time on first down
  • Double back backfield with Zeke and Pollard
  • Doing some designed runs with Dak
  • Spreading the ball around
  • Letting the pass set up the run

I honestly think that Jason Garrett is the dumbest coach in the entire NFL. He runs the same things over and over again, and seems to be incapable of both realizing that they aren't working, and implementing solutions.

Agnzona
JGs overriding phylosphy is you beat your man. Which in the NFL only Hall of Fame'ers can regularly do. He thinks his players can and should win most plays. That's why he always focuses on execution and it's also why scheming and game plains are more simple.
jtstanley4621
AG
Agnzona said:

JGs overriding phylosphy is you beat your man. Which in the NFL only Hall of Fame'ers can regularly do. He thinks his players can and should win most plays. That's why he always focuses on execution and it's also why scheming and game plains are more simple.
Which is just the most outdated, moronic coaching philosophy I can possibly think of. He saw the Cowboys have success in the 90s because they had better players than 90 percent of the league. That is not a sustainable winning strategy in 2019. He is an absolute dunce.
ElephantRider
AG
The old "do your job" philosophy.
Agnzona
It is a sustainable 7,8, or 9 wins. Almost no matter the talent. Good teams win a bit less, and bad teams a bit more under his style.
Grapesoda2525
Agnzona said:

It's terrible and idiotic.

You're wasting your time listening to any of his press conferences either. It's always the same "we need to execute better". This guy is a ****ty coach and I've been saying it for years.
ramblin_ag02
AG
"We need to execute better" is coach-speak for "It's the players' fault and not mine"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Boiling Denim
Garrett would do great at an SEC school with overwhelming talent. Just line up and beat your man ezpz

Garrett getting canned is long overdue but looking at most of the hires from 2014(when he really should have been let go) and on we would probably be talking about firing his replacement right now and looking for coach #7 in 20 years
bonfarr
AG
Doug Pederson is guaranteeing a win next week. Wow, if the Cowboys can't be motivated by that then they are the biggest chumps in the league.
Baby Billy
AG
Romo said it best, this offense has Jason Garrett's footprint all over it.

It's odd to me that the offense looks COMPLETELY different now that it did during weeks 1-3. It looks like the same offense we've been running the past 10 years. Handoff on 1st down, short out routes and slants on 2nd and 3rd.

So you're telling me Kellan Moore did a complete 180 in offensive philosophy in less than a month? Don't think so. Garrett, for whatever reason, as used white out on half of his play sheet
gigem1223
bonfarr said:

Doug Pederson is guaranteeing a win next week. Wow, if the Cowboys can't be motivated by that then they are the biggest chumps in the league.

Considering he's a meager 2-6 vs the cowboys, with one of those wins coming in a meaningless week 17 game in which the cowboys sat most starters....seems like an odd thing to say. Especially knowing the cowboys have their backs against the wall. Either way I hope they talk more. It always seems to work in the Cowboys favor.
Agnzona
Garrett said after the Saints game when presented with how they had run more on first down in every game since game one, he litteraly disagreed with the stats. But when pushed he essentially said the other team dictates what plays we run. That's him in a nutshell. I'd fire him for that comment alone.
JW
AG
Yep. Just show a look on D and force Dak into a robo audible and know exactly what play is coming.
investorAg83
AG
NFL teams are 90-1 since 1991 when they win time of possession, total yards, turnovers, convert at least 25 first downs, and convert 10 3rd downs.

Sunday's loss to the Jets is the one loss.
Grapesoda2525
investorAg83 said:

NFL teams are 90-1 since 1991 when they win time of possession, total yards, turnovers, convert at least 25 first downs, and convert 10 3rd downs.

Sunday's loss to the Jets is the one loss.
Just shows how inept our coaching is.
duck79
AG
bonfarr said:

The worst part about that is that when Garrett was asked about the comment his response was "The eagles are a good team and we are excited to play". That's a terrible answer, stand up for your players and put your cajones on the table by saying "bring it, we will be ready".

When Pederson tried to back track last night he said "I'm sure Garrett would say the same thing I did". NOPE
BMX Bandit
Quote:

"The job we're talking about is head coach of the cowboys. It's a top 5 nfl job for sure."

Nope. Not with Jerry.
you are dead wrong.

A job with high pay, an owner willing to spend, and an owner that gives you a very long leash is a fantastic NFL job to have.
jr15aggie
AG
So who's on the short list of replacement coaches?

I've heard Richard and Riley. Any others?
jeffdjohnson
I think the anti-Cowboys takes are getting a little too hot. Maybe they aren't as good as people thought after the first 3 games, but I don't believe they are as bad as people seem to think now. They are the number 2 offense in the NFL in both yards per game and yards per play. The defense is top 15 in both yards per play and yards per game. They lost 3 games in a row by a combined 14 points in which they missed more total FG's than the other teams (9 points worth to 0 by opponents) and turned the ball over more times than the other teams (6 - 2). That is a small enough sample size with enough "self inflicted" damage to not bury them just yet.

I'm not suggesting Super Bowl of course but winning the division is still very much in play.
PooDoo
AG
Pat McAfee is entertaining

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think any reasonable fan knows that this team has so much talent, that its silly to turn the switch off on the season and say "oh well, maybe next year". I still DO think this team is very very good and can compete but obviously something is off with the team leadership at this moment. If they figure that out, then certainly they can turn it around. If not, then Garrett is probably gone at some point. If they lose to Philly this week, absolutely I think you fire him and give someone else a shot at lighting a fire.
jr15aggie
AG
You aren't wrong, although I would argue against the stats because our offense and defense are not near as good as their numbers suggest.

Me personally, I don't see us recovering to a point where we even make the playoffs (much less get to the NFC title game which most agree was the bare min. for Red to keep his job). I think Philly wins this week and will stay in 1st place the rest of the season.

But hey, I predicted wins the last 3 weeks so what the hell do I know!
Ag12thman
AG
Philly is a big game for Garrett. I think they'll win because the Eagles are not very great themselves.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.