***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,163 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
Macarthur
How long do you want to ignore this user?
diehard03 said:

I think BB will take away the run completely and force Dak to go 400 again. I think he goes 300+ and it's a "get right game" offensively for the Pats...last team with the ball wins.

Maybe maybe not.

It will be interesting to see if Dak keeps this up, when do teams stop worrying about Zeke and start gameplanning Dak?
investorAg83
AG
I think that was Bob, Dan and Jake (that or Junior had the exact same discussion in the AM).

I know the stats say otherwise but I feel like based on the eye-test, he's not nearly the same back he was in years past.
jr15aggie
AG
Southlake said:

Remember, even tho Zekes stats aren't great, the threat of him running has greatly increased Daks success.

Definitely some truth to this. Detroit stacked the box all friggin game. MN was very similar. And I guess you can't argue with the logic... MN won and a not so great Detroit team played us down to the wire.

We might see a different strategy if our own defense would actually stop the other team and, heaven forbid, cause a turnover every once in a while! Or hell, even a 3 and Out would be a nice change of pace... we can't even seem to get those either lately!
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm curious to see what BB thinks is our biggest threat. Does he try to shut down Dak, Zeke or split the difference with a balanced defense? I think he'll try to shut down the run like everyone else this year and put Dak's back to the wall every drive
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ChemAg15
AG
And if that doesn't work in the first half he will *gasp* make an adjustment.
Ag Natural
AG
My hunch is BB will aim for confusion. Make Dak think they are loading the box when they arent and vice versa. New Englands strength right now is their secondary. So Dallas may try to be smart and use big personnel and force NE to NOT play their dime package. The key to everything is Dak reading the defense correctly and that is not going to be easy.

I have a hard time seeing this team play well on the road and winning this game.. I sure hope I'm wrong.
"Always you have to contend with the stupidity of men." - Henry D. Thoreau
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, BB is the type of coach where a QB like Dak can be absolutely rolling, then hits the BB schemed wall. That BB skill goes as far back as Joe Montana.
Grapesoda2525
Ag Natural said:

My hunch is BB will aim for confusion. Make Dak think they are loading the box when they arent and vice versa. New Englands strength right now is their secondary. So Dallas may try to be smart and use big personnel and force NE to NOT play their dime package. The key to everything is Dak reading the defense correctly and that is not going to be easy.

I have a hard time seeing this team play well on the road and winning this game.. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Belichick can come up with some really nasty defensive game plans. The chiefs and the rams ( before teams figured out mcveigh) didn't score in the first half of both the afc championship game and the super bowl.
Macarthur
investorAg83 said:

I think that was Bob, Dan and Jake (that or Junior had the exact same discussion in the AM).

I know the stats say otherwise but I feel like based on the eye-test, he's not nearly the same back he was in years past.

Oh, I agree that he's lacking some explosiveness. I tend to lean towards him missing workouts with the team and stuff. I would bet with a full off season with no distractions, we see a better Zeke next year. And I think he will still play a big role in how far this team can go this year.
Macarthur
Grapesoda2525 said:

Ag Natural said:

Belichick can come up with some really nasty defensive game plans. The chiefs and the rams ( before teams figured out mcveigh) didn't score in the first half of both the afc championship game and the super bowl.
Yeah, it's going to be a great chess match.

I would like to see Moore counter with a few planned Dak runs early to throw BB a curve ball.
diehard03
Quote:

Maybe maybe not.

It will be interesting to see if Dak keeps this up, when do teams stop worrying about Zeke and start gameplanning Dak?

I mean, this is the NFL. Every week is "maybe maybe not", regardless of whos playing.

They won't adjust. Every single coach is ok with Dak playing at an elite level. None of them are ok with being the guy that let's Zeke return to form.

Sure, you'll see gameplanning for Dak as well, but there will still be a commitment to ensure that Zeke will be held in check.
jr15aggie
AG
Let's face it guys... it's easier if NE just beats us.

I mean, c'mon, we are finally all in agreement that JG's coaching and lack of gameplan is our #1 problem. If we beat NE, it will really screw up our chemistry here in the Cowboys thread!
the last of the bohemians
I don't think the BB brilliance will be the NE defense game plan this week, more likely scheming how to score 40 on our defense since that is our weakness
birdman
Patriots defense will be all about the linebackers. One of those linebackers is coming after Dak on nearly every play. They will disguise it and it will be different guys.
diehard03
Quote:

I don't think the BB brilliance will be the NE defense game plan this week, more likely scheming how to score 40 on our defense since that is our weakness

BB is a defensive guy and is very hands on with it this year (he normally is, but it seems more so this year). Sure, credit him allowing McDaniels for overhauling the offense to try and be effective...but I think McDaniels deserves credit more for doing it.
texsn95
AG
Boys moneyline pays ~2.5 to 1, at that price it's worth a shot.
Macarthur
As the week has gone along, I think the Cowboys have a legit shot at this, on one caveat.

The game plan is to go in and be aggressive in the passing game. If you dig into the stats, the Pats have not faced a passing attack anywhere close to the explosiveness and proficiency of the Cowboys. I think the Ravens are the best passing attack they have faced and they are ranked 23, I think. We can't go into this game scared of BB and Brady. Are they great, sure, but they can be beaten, and again, they have yet to face a top offense.

If we go in with the JG special of slamming Zeke into a brick wall and try to keep it close, we will lose in spectacular fashion.
BenFiasco14
AG
It would be classic JG to have lost to the Jets and then turn around and beat the Pats...
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ag Natural
AG
Most Patriots followers I read are more afraid of the Cowboys run game. The strength of that team is the secondary.

Likewise I have a bad feeling the Pats find their running game against us. Our inside play has been so weak.
diehard03
Quote:

The game plan is to go in and be aggressive in the passing game. If you dig into the stats, the Pats have not faced a passing attack anywhere close to the explosiveness and proficiency of the Cowboys. I think the Ravens are the best passing attack they have faced and they are ranked 23, I think. We can't go into this game scared of BB and Brady. Are they great, sure, but they can be beaten, and again, they have yet to face a top offense.

It's a little chicken and egg, right? The Cowboys only have an "explosive and proficient" passing attack because of the defenses they've played, no?

To me, this game is the essence of the NFL: all scenarios are possible. Cowboys housing the Pats, Pats housing the Cowboys...or, as I think...last possession wins.

The great thing is that this game is meaningful to the Pats. Baltimore holds the tie-breaker and losing would potentially put the AFC Champ game @ M&T.
Macarthur
diehard03 said:

Quote:

It's a little chicken and egg, right? The Cowboys only have an "explosive and proficient" passing attack because of the defenses they've played, no?

To me, this game is the essence of the NFL: all scenarios are possible. Cowboys housing the Pats, Pats housing the Cowboys...or, as I think...last possession wins.

The great thing is that this game is meaningful to the Pats. Baltimore holds the tie-breaker and losing would potentially put the AFC Champ game @ M&T.

Maybe, but I do think how the Cowboys have gameplanned some of these games plays into this big time. There's a pretty clear distinction in how they have approched some games versus others. Their first down run rate is the big indicator, to me.
Macarthur
Ag Natural said:

Most Patriots followers I read are more afraid of the Cowboys run game. The strength of that team is the secondary.

Likewise I have a bad feeling the Pats find their running game against us. Our inside play has been so weak.

No doubt that LVE and Jaylon will have to have pretty much their best game of the year because NE doesn't have huge threats on the outside.

They will use the short passing game, running game, RB's out of the backfield and they will try to screen the crap out of us.
Ag Natural
AG
Macarthur said:

Ag Natural said:

No doubt that LVE and Jaylon will have to have pretty much their best game of the year because NE doesn't have huge threats on the outside.

They will use the short passing game, running game, RB's out of the backfield and they will try to screen the crap out of us.
Yep. Their bread and butter has been our weakness this year. Our LBs are fast but they can't hang with White. The Dline is going to have to step up and have a great game inside. When our LBs have to worry about inside traps AND cover the outside sweeps and screens they are screwed.
Southlake
Seems like the thought of the Cowboys upsetting the Pats is gaining momentum.

Again, like the Saints last year, Dallas rolls.
gigem1223
Sounds like LVE is out the next several games, maybe the year, with a back issue. Prayers for Sean Lee's health.
expresswrittenconsent
Neck issue for LVE.
Ag Natural
AG
Cowboys are large underdogs. They've only won 2 game on the road out of division the last two seasons. They've lost 5 straight to the Pats. Herschel Walker had a huge game the last time the Cowboys beat the Pats in New England.

Yeah I think it could be a close game. But the slow starts have me worried this will be over early. I hope I'm wrong. Weirdly, LVE injury I dont see as a huge negative. Lee gets to play his natural potision and Joe Thomas is legitimately good.
TyHolden
AG
the networks are hyping the game.
brady was pissed after philly game.
Vandy is doubtful.
It will be cold as hell.

At least td win by New England. We haven't beaten anybody yet. I'm looking forward to Meyer or Harbaugh taking over.
gigem1223
Agree about LVE for Sunday. However, I worry about LB depth and health with 3 games in 11days. Need Lee to stay healthy or this defense may be screwed.
mavsfan4ever
AG
DSAg44 said:

We haven't beaten anybody yet.

Neither has New England.
TyHolden
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

DSAg44 said:

Neither has New England.
buffalo is 7-3. I guess we'll find out how good they are in 7 days.
Grapesoda2525
DSAg44 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

DSAg44 said:

Neither has New England.
buffalo is 7-3. I guess we'll find out how good they are in 7 days.
Probably not very good honestly.
PooDoo
AG
gigem1223 said:

Agree about LVE for Sunday. However, I worry about LB depth and health with 3 games in 11days. Need Lee to stay healthy or this defense may be screwed.
Really? LB is probably our deepest position.
ac04
i'm really not looking forward to watching lee trying to keep up with edelman and james white.
Macarthur
I think we are good in the short term w/ Lee and Thomas at LBer.

Towards the end of the season and into the playoffs, Lee getting worn down could be a concern.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.