***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

287,162 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm hearing that the signing bonus was actually very light for Zeke, in the 7 million range. Which is why so many people are saying the Cowboys can get out of the deal after around 3 years, because there won't be a massive amount of prorated signing bonus hitting the cap if they release him.

I'm also hearing that because it's an extension, by March of next year Dallas will have already paid out 38 mil of the 50 guaranteed.

At the end, it sounds like a win all around. Zeke gets money now, gets the headlines, and gets some reassurances for the next few years. Dallas has a reasonable deal they can escape from in around 3 years if they want. And Zeke's agent gets to go around telling everybody how he was responsible for the largest deal ever for a RB.

Ag Natural
AG
Yeah I dont quite understand it all. But the gist is the Cowboys are able give out a lot of cash early and that somehow gives them flexibility on the back end of contracts.
bonfarr
AG
Chicago's offense looked like dog**** last night. Unless GB is way more stout on defense than I gave them credit for then I don't see Chicago standing in our way.
Grapesoda2525
bonfarr said:

Chicago's offense looked like dog**** last night. Unless GB is way more stout on defense than I gave them credit for then I don't see Chicago standing in our way.
Patience grasshopper.

Defense is usually way ahead of offense this time of the year.
Ag Natural
AG
I think GB is much improved. They added significant talent to the dline. That being said, Trubisky still sucks.
PooDoo
AG
I was listening to some commentators that said adding his last two years to the extension Zeke's salary will only be around $11.5 mil per year.

Now it's time to run his wheels off.
jr15aggie
AG
Zeke's numbers are gonna look pedestrian compared to what Dak is about to get. Guy has been vastly underpaid last 3 years. No way to mask his numbers, it's gonna be big.

Edit: And it's not gonna be something we'll be able to get out of like Zeke. He's gonna be the guy for the immediate future.
bonfarr
AG
Sturm has a good article that explains the Zeke deal and he really complements the new cowboys front office for it's handling of the salary cap. As many here have noted Zeke's deal is really a 4 year $50 MM deal, IIRC he can be cut in year 5 for a cap hit of $6.5 MM and nothing more after that. Seems like a good deal to me.
evan_aggie
AG
https://www.facebook.com/332968243416537/posts/2721731181206886?sfns=mo
91AggieLawyer
AG
gigem1223 said:

FriscoKid said:

Should have let him walk. Way too much for a RB.

Disagree. Zeke is the best player on this team. You
Let him walk and it's back to mediocrity with a team that has a real window of opportunity to win a championship.

Are they really that much above mediocrity now? Can they REALLY win a championship? Zeke can probably help them to a good regular season record, if healthy and if he can stay out of trouble, but I think teams have figured Dak out. Plus, he's lost a key possession receiver. The Rams are probably better. Who knows about the Saints and the rest of the NFC. I don't think the Cowboys are really any better than last year.

I still think he held out to avoid training camp, and, if true, we'll see those effects the first couple of games.
ac04
might as well cut zeke and give up then i guess
Saint Pablo
91AggieLawyer said:

gigem1223 said:

FriscoKid said:

Let him walk and it's back to mediocrity with a team that has a real window of opportunity to win a championship.

Are they really that much above mediocrity now? Can they REALLY win a championship? Zeke can probably help them to a good regular season record, if healthy and if he can stay out of trouble, but I think teams have figured Dak out. Plus, he's lost a key possession receiver. The Rams are probably better. Who knows about the Saints and the rest of the NFC. I don't think the Cowboys are really any better than last year.

I still think he held out to avoid training camp, and, if true, we'll see those effects the first couple of games.
They have won the division 3 of the last 5 years, I'd say that is above mediocrity. They absolutely could win a championship, the defense is good and offense is loaded as well. Losing Beasley is nothing, I'd take Randall Cobb over him any day of the week. I think that the team should move forward with the development of some of the younger WRs, the return of Travis Fredrick, the addition of Randall Cobb, it sounds like the DL is continuing to get better, there is a ton of optimism about Dono, hell maybe Witten coming back will be helpful.
jr15aggie
AG
OK, so KC just signed Tyreek to a 3 year 54 mil extension! Again, we need to know the details, but it sure sounds like they will be paying him a heck of a lot more per year (at a larger cap hit) than the Cowboys are paying Zeke. And KC is gonna have to make Mahomes the highest paid QB ever very soon.

At face value, looks like the Cowboys are killing it by comparison.

jr15aggie
AG
Well boys, say what you want about Jeff Heath, but he'll be out there on Sunday with a big 'C' on his chest. Yup, he's a captain!!!

Technically, he's one of the two special teams captains... D-Law and Jaylon are the 2 defensive captains, but still!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
jr15aggie said:

Well boys, say what you want about Jeff Heath, but he'll be out there on Sunday with a big 'C' on his chest. Yup, he's a captain!!!

Technically, he's one of the two special teams captains... D-Law and Jaylon are the 2 defensive captains, but still!
Its so so obvious by now he's got photos of Jason G and Jerry in a compromising position with one another.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I've been hard on this franchise but I'm going to double down on my picking them into the NFC title game this year. I think the Cowboys and Saints are going to be the class of the NFC and I think the Rams are going to take a step back.
Ag Natural
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

gigem1223 said:

FriscoKid said:

They look a lot better to me.
- One more year of development for Dak, Gallup, Connor Williams, the whole young secondary, the young LB corps.
- A legit backup RB in Pollard
- DL reinforcements both inside and out. Quinn, Covington and Hayder I believe are going to be huge additions. You still have Collins and Lawrence. Jury is out on the rookie draft pick but they are running very deep without him.
- Cobb is better than Beasley. He looked very good in the preseason. I think he and Witten will kill it on 3rd downs this year.
- It remains to be seen what the offense will look like with Moore as the OC. But he can't possibly be worse can he? And the defense is the most talented unit they've had in a long while.
Ag Natural
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

jr15aggie said:

Its so so obvious by now he's got photos of Jason G and Jerry in a compromising position with one another.
Well that and two other key facts. One, he runs the fastest 40 on the team (supposedly). Two, he's cheap. When you're paying out all these big contracts some of your starters have to be lower paid guys.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

We really need Wilson to step up in a hurry. Heath has no business playing as a starter on a team whose trying to make the playoffs and win a Super Bowl.
BenFiasco14
AG
jr15aggie said:

Champion of life -Tennessee

Heath
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Southlake
Didn't the Pats just win a SB after losing one?

Rams could do the same.

They will play the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game and it will be the best game of the year.

Rams are loaded and focused. Goff just signed a whopper contract. They are young and know how to win

They have a young, aggressive coach who's players believe in him.

Another 14-2 team.

(I know everything! )
Grapesoda2525
Southlake said:

Didn't the Pats just win a SB after losing one?

Rams could do the same.

They will play the Cowboys in the NFC Championship Game and it will be the best game of the year.

Rams are loaded and focused. Goff just signed a whopper contract. They are young and know how to win

They have a young, aggressive coach who's players believe in him.

Another 14-2 team.

(I know everything! )
At least Suh is gone.

That guy really hurt us in the playoffs by stuffing our running game.

The rams stats against the run were awful and I thought we would run all over them. Big surprise.
PooDoo
AG
https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/06/tyrone-crawford-punches-dallas-cowboys-bar-brawl-video/
gigem1223
Crawford needs to be cut. He's already overpaid and if I remember right it'd save around $7M in cap space. The DL is already crowded as is and it's not like he's much better than average.
ac04
they're not cutting a starting DE over a bar fight / misdemeanor
gigem1223
He's not even fully healthy according to reports and when Quinn gets back week 3 he's not starting.
ac04
nfl players don't get cut for misdemeanors.
expresswrittenconsent
PooDoo said:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/06/tyrone-crawford-punches-dallas-cowboys-bar-brawl-video/

jr15aggie
AG
I'm not defending Crawford at all. Millionaire football player should know better. Dumbass.

But lol at TMZ... "new" footage, the Friday before opening weekend. Hardly!
PooDoo
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

PooDoo said:

Yeah, does Goodell have a history of issuing new punishment after videos or pictures are made public?
Old incident new video.
PooDoo
AG
expresswrittenconsent
PooDoo said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

PooDoo said:

Yeah, does Goodell have a history of issuing new punishment after videos or pictures are made public?
Old incident new video.

Nope, old news old video.
It was discussed on the texags cowboys thread 4+ months ago when the arrest report was in the news (as well as on ESPN) and when TMZ published the video, and again 3+ months ago when Crawford "entered a diversion program" which was discussed on the boards and in general cowboys media.
Ag Natural
AG
That "brawl" video was settled months ago. Nobody is getting cut.
PooDoo
AG
This video is new. The iirc the original just showed some shoving when the police tried to cuff his buddy.

This video shows him fighting security.

Google his name. All the links are "NEW VIDEO".
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article234821182.html

I doubt he's getting cut but I wouldn't put it past the NFL NY office to drop a suspension on him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the volume of haymakers and how he just charged guys without provocation leads to a suspension. I think he benefitted from lack of clear evidence before. Now he won't.

Just ask yourself this - in this day and age of the NFL suspending over violence, can you look at that video and honestly think it makes sense he'd walk with no punishment? Nope. It's coming.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.