***DALLAS COWBOYS 2019 SEASON***

293,495 Views | 3256 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by double aught
gigem1223
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonfarr said:

Kerry Hyder has had as good a preseason as Taco IMO. I think he replaced Crawford after this season since he can play end and 3 tech.

I've been impressed with Hyder. If I'm getting rid of anyone it's Crawford. The guy is just meh and he's overpaid.
DannyDuberstein
AG
How about we let them play some actual games before deciding Taco has improved? Guys that look pretty good in the preseason against 2's and 3's and then disappear in the regular season are a dime a dozen.
gigem1223
DannyDuberstein said:

How about we let them play some actual games before deciding Taco has improved? Guys that look pretty good in the preseason against 2's and 3's and then disappear in the regular season are a dime a dozen.

So are we not allowed to talk about any of the preseason games and player performances?

I'm not saying Taco is going to be an all pro or anything. My stance is I think it's dumb to trade a guy you invested a first round pick in once he finally starts showing some signs of the potential you drafted him for. Plus, because of injury and suspension, were pretty thin at DE for the first couple weeks. Once the DL is healthy I think they could wreak havoc in waves and taco could be a contributor to that.
TyHolden
AG
They are not trading a first round pick unless they get something very high. Jerry has too much pride. They've kept worse first round picks longer.
BMX Bandit
#1 reason you know this will be a good season?

OACR hasn't been here pushing some UDFA as the next all pro player
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Have you guys seen Jake Campos on the OL? That dude is the most underrated kid on the roster right now. Cowboys are schmucks if they let him go. He's got all pro written all over him.
expresswrittenconsent
Sunk cost fallacy.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Have you guys seen Jake Campos on the OL? That dude is the most underrated kid on the roster right now. Cowboys are schmucks if they let him go. He's got all pro written all over him.
He can only dream of having the impact of his older sibling, Gloria Campos.
Ag Natural
AG
I'm pretty sure the Cowboys would cut Taco if they determine 10 other DLs are better and they dont want to lose any of those guys. His draft position is irrelevant. It's more relevant that he has 3 million of guaranteed money left and they'd be eating that.
mike_ags_fan12
Donovan had his 3rd pick of the preseason tonight.

#StartingSafety
98Ag99Grad
AG
Someone mentioned he went in for xrays. Was he ok?
mike_ags_fan12
98Ag99Grad said:

Someone mentioned he went in for xrays. Was he ok?

Seems to be good.
Grapesoda2525
mike_ags_fan12 said:

#StartingSafety
Can't be any doubt about him making the team now
investorAg83
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

mike_ags_fan12 said:

#StartingSafety
Can't be any doubt about him making the team now

The only question now is should he start. But that dude is making the squad.
PooDoo
AG
Saint Pablo
investorAg83
AG
Jerry's not flinching. And I love it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jerry putting Zeke on blast. Love it.

Stick to your guns Jerry. (on the off chance you are perusing Texags Football Other boards)
jr15aggie
AG
investorAg83 said:

Yup, he's definitely been 'Good Jerry' when it comes to Zeke. And why shouldn't he be. He's backed Zeke since day 1. My understanding is they have offered him a very nice deal despite Zeke still having 2 years left on his rookie deal.

If Zeke and/or Zeke's agent are going to a be horse's ass, well, then they are going to be a horse's ass who are going to make a hell of a lot less money than they should have in about, oh, 15 days!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Giants were bottom 3rd in the NFL last year in defense. Haven't followed them enough to know how much improvement they will have in 2019. But if they are bottom third again, then Pollard has a real chance of going off vs them and for at least the next week after, Zeke's negotiating position is weakened. Wonder if Zeke sees it that way at all though.
Grapesoda2525
jr15aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

Yup, he's definitely been 'Good Jerry' when it comes to Zeke. And why shouldn't he be. He's backed Zeke since day 1. My understanding is they have offered him a very nice deal despite Zeke still having 2 years left on his rookie deal.

If Zeke and/or Zeke's agent are going to a be horse's ass, well, then they are going to be a horse's ass who are going to make a hell of a lot less money than they should have in about, oh, 15 days!
Heard on the radio that zeke's agent is being a jackass. Zeke and his agent want "historic" everything. Highest contract. Highest signing bonus. Highest guaranteed.

Zeke is "all about me" and who gives an eff about the team from what I gather. The thing I keep going back to is at least emmitt smith won us a super bowl before he pulled this maneuver.
Ag12thman
AG
I love what Jerry is doing with Elliott. Perfect. Keep it up!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Jerry knows he's got to show up at some point.
mike_ags_fan12
DannyDuberstein said:

Jerry knows he's got to show up at some point.

For sure. 40k dollars/game is a lot of missed money
DannyDuberstein
AG
It will be $200k per game. And he's eventually going to sacrifice getting credit for the season. If it reaches that point, he's either going to show up or they'll trade him after the season, having sacrificed some dough he won't ever get back.

Jerry also raised the question I've had. Zeke is bailing so early on this deal and is such a knucklehead that what's to say that even if they give him this deal, they aren't in the exact same boat in 2 years.

The longer this drags out, the more I'm ready to just be done with him. Roll with Pollard, trade Zeke at the end of the year, and move on. Some valuable $$$ that could be spent in places that help with SB's.
Kellso
Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

Heard on the radio that zeke's agent is being a jackass. Zeke and his agent want "historic" everything. Highest contract. Highest signing bonus. Highest guaranteed.

Zeke is "all about me" and who gives an eff about the team from what I gather.
The thing I keep going back to is at least emmitt smith won us a super bowl before he pulled this maneuver.
LOL....from what you gather. Im assuming you know some people on the team, or the front office?

Here is a newsflash for you. All pro athletes are about themselves, and their money before the team....and they should be.
The NFL is not high school football, it is the entertainment industry. It is first and foremost a business.

Where you alive when Emmit Smith was going through his holdout?
The reason I ask was that Jerry was using the same arguments to try and deny Emmit his money.
I remember 1993 like it was yesterday.

All you Pro Billionaire people will be singing a different tune if the Cowboys start this season 0-2 or 1-3. Jerry Jones was about to get ran out of Dallas after the 93 Cowboys lost to the Bills at home.

The 1993 Cowboys would not have had to beat New York in the the last game of the season to get Home Field advantage if they had not started the season 0-2.

Grapesoda2525
Kellso said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

The thing I keep going back to is at least emmitt smith won us a super bowl before he pulled this maneuver.
LOL....from what you gather. Im assuming you know some people on the team, or the front office?

Here is a newsflash for you. All pro athletes are about themselves, and their money before the team....and they should be.
The NFL is not high school football, it is the entertainment industry. It is first and foremost a business.

The reason I ask was that Jerry was using the same arguments to try and deny Emmit his money.

All you Pro Billionaire people will be singing a different tune if the Cowboys start this season 0-2 or 1-3. Jerry Jones was about to get ran out of Dallas after the 93 Cowboys lost to the Bills at home.

The 1993 Cowboys would not have had to beat New York in the the last game of the season to get Home Field advantage if they had not started the season 0-2.

I don't fault a pro athlete for wanting to get paid and provide for his family, but when it starts hurting the team and it's ability to win? That's a big problem.

jr15aggie
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

The longer this drags out, the more I'm ready to just be done with him. Roll with Pollard, trade Zeke at the end of the year, and move on. Some valuable $$$ that could be spent in places that help with SB's.

That's one of the only reasons why I'm not overly concerned if this whole charade is the end of Zeke in Dallas. We have lots of guys that we'd like to keep if we aren't investing in Zeke long term.

Who's to say we shouldn't give that money to Collins? Good OTs don't grow on trees and our 2 best lineman currently have nagging back issues. I think part of any teams plan is to consistently have a good O-line.

Point is I agree, there are other spots on this team, right now, where we could use that money.
Macarthur
Grapesoda2525 said:

Kellso said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

I don't fault a pro athlete for wanting to get paid and provide for his family, but when it starts hurting the team and it's ability to win? That's a big problem.

Agree. And what compounds the error Zeke is making, IMO, is that he's been given a more than fair offer and his initial contract was a top 5 pick in the draft contract. He has made good money relative to his draft position.

I can understand L. Bell's position better as he grossly overperformed relative to his contract.
HouseDivided06
AG
Kellso said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

jr15aggie said:

investorAg83 said:

No problem with athletes wanting to take care of themselves and their future, but there are some massive, key differences between Emmitt and Zeke's situations:

1. Emmitt was in the last year of his contract, not the second to last year
2. The league was different in that it was a run first league. At that time, you could not get 80% of Emmitt's production for pennies on the dollar, and you HAD to run the ball much more to set up the pass. Now it is much more pass to set up the run. Plenty of incredibly successful teams now that do not have a bellcow running back
3. Biggest difference is Emmitt off the field vs Zeke off the field. Cannot argue with Zeke's production on the field, but never knowing what is going to happen or how he will be in the news or suspended by the league is a big issue.
Kellso
jr15aggie said:

DannyDuberstein said:

That's one of the only reasons why I'm not overly concerned if this whole charade is the end of Zeke in Dallas. We have lots of guys that we'd like to keep if we aren't investing in Zeke long term.

Who's to say we shouldn't give that money to Collins? Good OTs don't grow on trees and our 2 best lineman currently have nagging back issues. I think part of any teams plan is to consistently have a good O-line.

Point is I agree, there are other spots on this team, right now, where we could use that money.
Aren't you guys always talking about NFC title game or bust...and you want to see this team go to the next level...etc
and that some of you were not around when the Cowboys were kicking the crap out of everyone in the 1990's and want to see that level of Cowboys dominance for the first time?

And now you guys are talking about stiffing our best player to give the money to a pretty good at best offensive tackle????
Elite offensive tackles like Tyron Smith do not grow on trees.
OT's with the talent level of La'el Collins do grow on trees. Collins is easily replaceable.

My problem with contract disputes is that some of you act like its YOUR money that the player is demanding.
The NFL is the most lucrative sports league in the World and the Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the World.

Zeke has accomplished the same things in his first three seasons that Emmitt Smith did in his first three seasons.
Just pay the dude and be over with it. The Salary cap increases every year.
Put some clauses that Zeke has to forfeit certain things if he gets in trouble.

The 1993 Cowboys had the talent to dig out of an 0-2 hole...but they still had to beat the Giants in overtime the last game of the season to get a first round bye.
I don't think this team has that type of talent to overcome losing some games they are not supposed to.

jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

And now you guys are talking about stiffing our best player to give the money to a pretty good at best offensive tackle????
Elite offensive tackles like Tyron Smith do not grow on trees.
OT's with the talent level of La'el Collins do grow on trees. Collins is easily replaceable.

• The Cowboys are not stiffing Zeke and neither are the fans. The offer is on the table and he's simply not here. Of course we wish he were and we are fine with him taking a really nice contract. But he's not signing so we have to consider the moving on options.
  • OTs with Collins level of talent absolutely DO NOT grow on trees. I don't need to expand any further, they just don't. And no, I don't consider him elite, but he is rare.
Ag Natural
AG
It's not our money but in a hard cap league it matters quite a bit. I think the Cowboys have made a beyond fair offer to Zeke. Zeke wants to make history with his contract. If the Cowboys give in then the next few guys will ask for the same. It's pretty simple. If you are a fan and you want this team to be good for the ling term then you cant pay Zeke 17 million.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Zeke has two years on his contract, plays the most replaceable position in the league, has been in all sorts of off the field drama, and had his team and owner stick their neck out for him on multiple occasions. Now he refuses to play until unless he gets the highest RB contract ever. Screw that. If there is one superstar on our team we can most easily get along without, it is a prima donna, high dollar RB
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Saint Pablo
ramblin_ag02 said:

Zeke has two years on his contract, plays the most replaceable position in the league, has been in all sorts of off the field drama, and had his team and owner stick their neck out for him on multiple occasions. Now he refuses to play until unless he gets the highest RB contract ever. Screw that. If there is one superstar on our team we can most easily get along without, it is a prima donna, high dollar RB
Well said. I'm ready to be done with the guy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.